SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #10,126 of 14,755
Poweramp Alpha version has given the best overall improvement for me, better sonic overall improvement's, UI is very good, and the app works smooth over the hours I have spent with it.

And more importantly have "DSEE HX turned on" in sound settings, this gives the ZX2 a better treble, more precise.

Smoother as well :D drains more battery even...lol

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #10,127 of 14,755
Poweramp Alpha version has given the best overall improvement for me, better sonic overall improvement's, UI is very good, and the app works smooth over the hours I have spent with it.

And more importantly have "DSEE HX turned on" in sound settings, this gives the ZX2 a better treble, more precise.

I've been experimenting with "DSEE HX" as well, while the app sounds great without it I like the addition of it as well, just that 5% more open, details are placed in space just a little better. My only concern would be battery life with this enabled, does anyone know if the poweramp app use more or less power than the stock app? 

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #10,128 of 14,755
Any rumor about a  SONY NW-ZX[COLOR=FF0000]3[/COLOR] ?  More than 1 year in an eternity in SONY's usual lifecycle...  :rolleyes:   

My guess is sales are sitting steady, and probably better than ever.

Sony are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and interfere with their DAP cash cow.
I think we will be waiting another year for anything new from the ZX series.
Even then there's still time for special edition Disney ZX2 versions. Before the ZX3 is released.

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #10,129 of 14,755
My guess is sales are sitting steady, and probably better than ever.

Sony are not going to shoot themselves in the foot and interfere with their DAP cash cow.
I think we will be waiting another year for anything new from the ZX series.
Even then there's still time for special edition Disney ZX2 versions. Before the ZX3 is released.

You forgot the Kungfu panda edition :D coming up real fast lol! Yeah DSEE HX works well with Poweramp alpha, and jet audio...don't turn it off :D or disable it.

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #10,130 of 14,755
I've been experimenting with "DSEE HX" as well, while the app sounds great without it I like the addition of it as well, just that 5% more open, details are placed in space just a little better. My only concern would be battery life with this enabled, does anyone know if the poweramp app use more or less power than the stock app? 

Sure, below the selection box of dsee hx, Sony say the full battery cycle will be reduced, how much by, I have not done the tests yet.
I am just trying to squeeze the best possible audio experience out of the ZX2, if that halves the usable battery life, then that's OK with me, not sure as yet tho.

If I'm ever to really need the ZX2's full cycle run time, I will be sure t to turn all battery draining processes off.
And 5% to 10‰ of audio improvements in this game can cost a lot of extra cash.

Something has to pay for the improvement, this time the wallet is safe, the battery run time covers the damages.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #10,133 of 14,755
i downloaded the poweramp  link from the forum page , let's see if we did this right.....

seems to be working

if i do not enable the soundenhancements app , only thing i lose is the DSEE effect ?

or are there any more drawbacks ?

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #10,135 of 14,755
There is no need to disable the sound enhancement app if you are using Poweramp Alpha edition.
You can toggle the DSEE process on the fly to see if you like it.

i had already disabled the sound enhancement app cause i was using the gonemad/onkyo players

i will enable it to see if the DSEE does such a difference

do you know why i can not see the album art at poweramp when music is playing ? it shows a graphic equalizer thing , how do i revert to showing just the album cover ?

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #10,138 of 14,755
i had already disabled the sound enhancement app cause i was using the gonemad/onkyo players

i will enable it to see if the DSEE does such a difference

do you know why i can not see the album art at poweramp when music is playing ? it shows a graphic equalizer thing , how do i revert to showing just the album cover ?

Top right corner in Poweramp there is an option tag, select it
Then select visualization
Then below the visualisation tab there is a toggle keep selecting it till it's says off.
:ok_woman:

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #10,139 of 14,755
thanx to everyone for the help , poweramp installed , DSEE on , i disabled the surround sound option (i had the studio option but off sounds better i think...)

i will listen to poweramp a bit and  then try again gonemad/onkyo to do a sonic A/B

i like the sound of the poweramp so far , looks like jetaudio will not be tried/downloaded....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back