SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #6,991 of 14,755

so you have a Japanese version, a worker vacuumed mine away at work.
frown.gif

I do. And I'm sure mine will be lost asome point soon, too. Not sure I see the logic in the headphone part. Is that to minimize scratching on the brass input?

I think the headphone part is to prevent you from losing the cover.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #6,993 of 14,755

I think the headphone part is to prevent you from losing the cover.

That makes sense in a way, except my headphones aren't always plugged into the unit.

All my headphones are L plugs which kind of gets in the way, so I remove my cover, that's how I lost it.

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #6,997 of 14,755
New owner to ZX2 here!

Few questions:

1) How do I check for firmware updates?

2) Is there any way to delete songs from within the player?

Thanks in advance and am glad to join the ZX2 family!

Update by going to settings and making sure wifi on.
Look under 'About Device' and press update.

To delete just keep finger pressed on album folder and song and will give option.

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #6,999 of 14,755
Or is it that they are enhancing connectivity in their newer devices??

I'm thinking back, although way back in the past, when iPods had FireWire connectors, that was a PITA for windows boxes...

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #7,000 of 14,755
Just got my zx2. Good stuff. Out of box it sounded better then my AK JR. Will still keep it since its like 1/3 the volume and much pocketable.

My issue was the case they gave. It's rather stupid for a touch device. Why not cut out a window? And so I mutilated the case.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,001 of 14,755
Just got my zx2. Good stuff. Out of box it sounded better then my AK JR. Will still keep it since its like 1/3 the volume and much pocketable.

My issue was the case they gave. It's rather stupid for a touch device. Why not cut out a window? And so I mutilated the case
tongue.gif

I would rather just keep the case and buy one online, the supplied one is rather good, although it big, but the quality is very good.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #7,002 of 14,755
Its pretty good really. Much better then most cases you can get and the design pretty much make the device drop proof. But it just doesn't serve its purpose well as far as usability goes though. No point keeping a case that has no purpose and no one kinda will buy it either.

The ZX2 is pretty great though. I got it to compare with a AK240 and my impression was the AK240 had a wider stage and smoother decay while the ZX2 had much better bass control. Theres also the part where the AK240 has a slightly more forward mids. Probably let it burn in and try again in the future.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #7,003 of 14,755
My issue was the case they gave. It's rather stupid for a touch device. Why not cut out a window? And so I mutilated the case.

That's great!! 
biggrin.gif
  A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #7,004 of 14,755
Its pretty good really. Much better then most cases you can get and the design pretty much make the device drop proof. But it just doesn't serve its purpose well as far as usability goes though. No point keeping a case that has no purpose and no one kinda will buy it either.

The ZX2 is pretty great though. I got it to compare with a AK240 and my impression was the AK240 had a wider stage and smoother decay while the ZX2 had much better bass control. Theres also the part where the AK240 has a slightly more forward mids. Probably let it burn in and try again in the future.

I believe most DAPs with built in DAC will always have more forward mids :D VS ZX2 as a pure Class D

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #7,005 of 14,755
So after hundreds of pages i bought mine tuesday and burn in process still continues. Its amazing to hear burn in clearly at a device. Im from Turkey and price was 840$ I think it was a good price right ? :)
i think i reach 90 hours of burn in but sound is still changing :) how many hours more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back