SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 4, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #106 of 3,849

Again, I see the lack of WiFi as a positive. My DAP is not a streaming device.

No double ground. If you looked at the links and the translations, they call that out.

I love having Wifi on my DAP and option to utilize apps when I need one.  I also love to stream from portable wifi drive or DLNA server and output the digital signal to my DAC.  I hope the ZX100 won't be too expensive b/c I would like to get it to replace the A17 & ZX1 that I have.  As an owner of the ZX2, I find it to be quite heavy and a tad big to carry around.  However, the sound is worth it alone. 

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #107 of 3,849
Most European Sony websites now list press releases and product info on the ZX100.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-zx100-series

http://presscentre.sony.eu/pressreleases/sony-offers-more-options-to-enjoy-high-resolution-audio-on-the-move-1207310

Seems like the perfect love-child of an A series and the ZX1/ZX2. If the sound quality is good (A

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #108 of 3,849

Again, I see the lack of WiFi as a positive. My DAP is not a streaming device.

No double ground. If you looked at the links and the translations, they call that out.

Yes no spotify needed, just my massive flac lib

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #110 of 3,849
  A headline from the web:

"A quick spin around Sony's new £500 Walkman, the NW-ZX100HN #IFA15 #SonyIFA"

Could this be the price?

sonds interesting let me check how much in MXN is that
biggrin.gif
  accordint to google that is
500 British pounds = 12, 856.50 Mexican pesos.. like 750 US dollars approximate.. a bit expensive yes but not bad either compared to the zx2 price...

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #111 of 3,849
Looking at the press release info it seems likely this will not play any videos nor pictures... anyways i never used this on my A17 so i could care less

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #113 of 3,849
I don't think the X5 and the new Sony will be in the same price bracket, surely if you are willing to spend big money you wouldn't have gone with Fiio in the first place.
Then again if moneys no problem buy both, then do a comparison review for us all

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #114 of 3,849
sonds interesting let me check how much in MXN is that :D   accordint to google that is
500 British pounds = 12, 856.50 Mexican pesos.. like 750 US dollars approximate.. a bit expensive yes but not bad either compared to the zx2 price...

That's true but we will have pay full price for this device unless u want to wait for a long while. Running Sony very own OS is great, but a Japanese unit will only come with Japanese language with no option of English. So saving money via price Japanay may not be an option. Plus, by now you can get a used zx2 used for the price of the zx100. The only thing that the zx100 has over the zx2 is size and slightly increased in battery life. The noise canceling feature is nice too but it will only work with supplied earphones. I am pretty sure that the zx2 will still sound better.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #115 of 3,849
That's true but we will have pay full price for this device unless u want to wait for a long while. Running Sony very own OS is great, but a Japanese unit will only come with Japanese language with no option of English. So saving money via price Japanay may not be an option. Plus, by now you can get a used zx2 used for the price of the zx100. The only thing that the zx100 has over the zx2 is size and slightly increased in battery life. The noise canceling feature is nice too but it will only work with supplied earphones. I am pretty sure that the zx2 will still sound better.

Yes i will wait and see hope this gets english options too, if no available in mx then i get it by importing it from sites like accessoryJack or amazon. No doubt zx2 is the "audiophile version", perhaps zx100 will sound closer to zx1 which surpassed in terms of SQ the A17 i own right now

So fine for an "middle-phile version" is more than okay as i wanted to try the zx1 but lack of expansion and android battery issues made me run away

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #117 of 3,849
  I don't think the X5 and the new Sony will be in the same price bracket, surely if you are willing to spend big money you wouldn't have gone with Fiio in the first place.
Then again if moneys no problem buy both, then do a comparison review for us all

Not to be an antagonist but price is no option for me and I purchased an X5ii prior to the ZX100 release.  I'm selling my Centrance M8, iPod Touch and iPod Classic for an all-in-one system.  I don't care for the AK lineup and have personal issues with Android-based DAPs.  The X5ii was an easy choice for my needs but not I think the ZX100 will be the perfect DAP for me.  I want a no-nonsense, no WiFi (so it does not interfere with a portable amp), no camera, no-Android, no-iOS, 128GB or larger capacity device with excellent sound quality.  I just wish the ZX100 had a touch screen as well but I can deal.  

I almost considered the Questyle QP1 but I'm not entirely confident in the product line yet.  

My X5ii is in route now but will likely be unopened and promptly returned once I hear of the release date of the ZX100.

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #118 of 3,849
Not to be an antagonist but price is no option for me and I purchased an X5ii prior to the ZX100 release.  I'm selling my Centrance M8, iPod Touch and iPod Classic for an all-in-one system.  I don't care for the AK lineup and have personal issues with Android-based DAPs.  The X5ii was an easy choice for my needs but not I think the ZX100 will be the perfect DAP for me.  I want a no-nonsense, no WiFi (so it does not interfere with a portable amp), no camera, no-Android, no-iOS, 128GB or larger capacity device with excellent sound quality.  I just wish the ZX100 had a touch screen as well but I can deal.  

I almost considered the Questyle QP1 but I'm not entirely confident in the product line yet.  

My X5ii is in route now but will likely be unopened and promptly returned once I hear of the release date of the ZX100.

Agree with you... todays DAPs filled with useless features or features that can be viewed made on a smartphone or a laptop/desktop PC.... f.e camera come on on vacations grab a decent point & shoot at least LOL-

I own for 8 months now a NWZ-A17 walkman which I like a lot and despite that YEAH i will spend big bucks for this ZX100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back