SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #91 of 3,849
forgot to mention I do have the Xperia Z4 tablet too. its cheaper than Zx2 but bigger.
still searching for something smaller for a reasonable price.
A music player should do one job well - play music. Period. You don't like the ZX100. We get it.

Every music player plays music. period. I dont understand what you're getting at but minus-ing features and hearing ppl say i've got a laptop to do so and so, or it should play music is pointless.
i'm looking for something from Sony that has what I want including wi-fi, touchscreen etc. without paying the $800 pricetag of ZX2.

Sep 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #92 of 3,849
forgot to mention I do have the Xperia Z4 tablet too. its cheaper than Zx2 but bigger.
Every music player plays music. period. I dont understand what you're getting at but minus-ing features and hearing ppl say i've got a laptop to do so and so, or it should play music is pointless.
i'm looking for something from Sony that has what I want including wi-fi, touchscreen etc. without paying the $800 pricetag of ZX2.

maybe you can get an *used* zx1

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #93 of 3,849

I am well aware of the Xperia line. I've owned many parts of 'em. The Xperia line is touted as multi-function. It can play music, but those devices are not music focused. A DAP - in this case a Walkman - has one main job: music. If it does other stuff, it's a bonus, but the one thing it needs to do very well: music. That is how it sounds, the playing experience, etc. WiFi has zilch to do with it. DAP's historical definition is that the music you want is on the player, not streaming.

So do you want a dedicated device that does one thing well and happens to do other things (but not necessarily), or a generalist device? If you want a general kind of device, get a cel phone. For music, I'll get a Walkman as a dedicated device.

And to be clear on two things: what you want is not what everyone wants, and last I checked, the ZX2 was around $1000 (give or take). $800 would be cheap for it.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #96 of 3,849
there is no word on sony Mexico webste on neither walkman nor the new headphones... maybe they get them quietly as they did with the A10 series

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #98 of 3,849
I think it is also announced in Japan. I am curious on price. I suspect that the price tag will be around $799.00. Because it runs Sony os then the Japanese unit may be Japanese language only. We may ended up paying full price for English language unit.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #99 of 3,849
maybe zx100 is exclusive to some countries.

suprisd it wasnt released in Japan first.

The A10 series (MX only has A17) is the first Hi-res walkman, in mexico, sony never got the ZX models (wegot the F800 series which only played 16/44.1 FLAC). AS far i know this little A17 sells like hotcakes here in mexico

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #102 of 3,849
maybe zx100 is exclusive to some countries.

suprisd it wasnt released in Japan first.

I think it is also announced in Japan. I am curious on price. I suspect that the price tag will be around $799.00. Because it runs Sony os then the Japanese unit may be Japanese language only. We may ended up paying full price for English language unit.

It's not exclusive. Japan usually gets updated last, but it'll be out there. It's always generally been like this. New Walkmans in Japan tend to come out in November/December. Since this is the Sony OS and it will most likely support ATRAC there, like the others which have the SOny OS in cases like this, it will most likely be in Japanese with no English option. It's never been different after ATRAC was removed in the rest of the world. I bet the ZX100 will be up the latest by October on the Sony Japan site when it's ready for preorder and close to a sale date.

I predicted earlier 80000 yen, but I do think it will be between 70000 and 80000. Given the ZX2 is 119,880 and the ZX1 70,380, I think my prediction of 80,000 (maybe even 85,000) wouldn't be off at all.

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #103 of 3,849

At least Sony lists the ZX100 with bluetooth apt-x. The ZX2 doesn't have that.

However, no wifi and no android means no Pandora or Tidal on the ZX100.

Anyone know if the ZX100 has a double ground TRRS on the 3.5mm out like the ZX2?

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #104 of 3,849

At least Sony lists the ZX100 with bluetooth apt-x. The ZX2 doesn't have that.

However, no wifi and no android means no Pandora or Tidal on the ZX100.

Anyone know if the ZX100 has a double ground TRRS on the 3.5mm out like the ZX2?

Again, I see the lack of WiFi as a positive. My DAP is not a streaming device.

No double ground. If you looked at the links and the translations, they call that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back