SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #81 of 3,849
hope this offe better battery life while using digital-out mode (f.e when connected to a balanced amp) and that regular non-NC headphones like f.e XBA-A3 canbe used

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #82 of 3,849
The navegation pad looks like the first gen of S-series walkman back in 2007

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #84 of 3,849
looks like you have to buy the nc heaphone seperately as I didnt see it included in Sony website.
but the a walkman includes it.

anyways that center buttin totally lacks creativity.

no android, no touchscreen and yet played above ZX1

probably no speaker too

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #86 of 3,849
looks like you have to buy the nc heaphone seperately as I didnt see it included in Sony website.
but the a walkman includes it.

anyways that center buttin totally lacks creativity.

no android, no touchscreen and yet played above ZX1

probably no speaker too

A few of the NC Walkmans have had the IEMs included - but they are crap.

I do not see lack of Android and no touchscreen as a downside - and I have owned both touchscreen and non-touchscreen Sony DAPs (including the X). A music player should do one job well - play music. Period. You don't like the ZX100. We get it.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #87 of 3,849

You can use any cans, but the NC feature is probably locked to certain ones (as it worked in the past). This remains to be seen.

Thnaks, I owned in the past the NW-E507 that was my first, then got the NWZ-A818 which sounded good, then got an X series which sonded better than the A818 then downgraded to a ipod classic (worst DAP ever i owned in terms of SQ), then got a fiio x3 DAP which sounded superior to the ipod but narrowed soundstage. After that i got my hands again on a walkman (after a three year hiatus) which is the one i won currently the NWZ-A17 which sounds superior to all above

Now i wan this one (ZX100) to compare to my A17, for sure it will sound superior i bet due those beefy OSCON capacitors and thick power supply

Honestly i didnt grab an F880 or ZX before the zx100 due to android battery drain issues and i am with you a DAP shpuld just play music
biggrin.gif
, do I use videos or photos in my A17? no..... radio? occassionally.. rare... bluetooth? umm no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back