SONY NW-ZX100
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #3,511 of 3,849
Can this Sony remote works on my AK240?!

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,512 of 3,849
I think it's heideous.
First imagine oneself holding the remote in a public place while the player is in your pocket.Could be a cause of concern for a few.
Second ppl may think your crazy holding a 1990s remote in your hand.
Sony should have come out with a better remote like the one that came with the discman D-EJ01 or should have come out something similar to the size of an iPod nano.
That remote- although handy if you own one of the brickweight WM-series- is a little bit ridiculous no? On the website they promote it to use it while your 'portable' media player is in your backpack lol

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #3,514 of 3,849
I'll never understand why the hold switch doesn't prevent the screen from turning on.

I think it's heideous.
First imagine oneself holding the remote in a public place while the player is in your pocket.Could be a cause of concern for a few.
Sony should have come out with a better remote like the one that came with the discman D-EJ01 or should have come out something similar to the size of an iPod nano.

That's a lot of caring what other people think, and not a lot of what is inherently wrong with the remote. Sounds like a problem with you, and not the product.

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #3,516 of 3,849
I think it's heideous.
That remote- although handy if you own one of the brickweight WM-series- is a little bit ridiculous no? On the website they promote it to use it while your 'portable' media player is in your backpack lol

one of the best looking remotes for. Me is the fiio one

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #3,517 of 3,849
I think it's heideous.

it has an utilitarian look, like a mercedes g class or audiolab amp, it's not sexy, but it's not exactly that ugly either.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,519 of 3,849
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and about to buy the NW-ZX100 but just need a question to be answered.
What about the so called "EU volume cap" some of you talked about? Is it just the AVLS option (that can be turned of in general settings, atleast in an older NWZ-E474) or infact a plugged in feature to annoy/protect european listener?

Thanks guys!

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #3,520 of 3,849
  Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and about to buy the NW-ZX100 but just need a question to be answered.
What about the so called "EU volume cap" some of you talked about? Is it just the AVLS option (that can be turned of in general settings, atleast in an older NWZ-E474) or infact a plugged in feature to annoy/protect european listener?

Thanks guys!

No AVLS you can enable and disable it, but EU volume cap is HARDWIRED and you can't remove that limit, the bolume is said to be so damn low that don't bother  with EU capped oned

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #3,521 of 3,849
Ok, i got you. I thought i could save some bucks on that way. So, would you recommened the asia pacific version then?

I found this device for around 400€ and they told me that it is intended for the japanese market but comes WITH volume limit. Maybe AVLS then?

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #3,522 of 3,849
  Ok, i got you. I thought i could save some bucks on that way. So, would you recommened the asia pacific version then?

I found this device for around 400€ and they told me that it is intended for the japanese market but comes WITH volume limit. Maybe AVLS then?

yes i recommend you the asia pacific version, i plaed  mine with 32-ohm load XBA-Z5 at vol. 10 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back