SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 22, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,406 of 3,849
I hardly think the ZX100 will receive the updated sony OS present in the new 2016 walkmen, sight obsolecence in less tan a year

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,407 of 3,849
  I hardly think the ZX100 will receive the updated sony OS present in the new 2016 walkmen, sight obsolecence in less tan a year

Without an improved screen resolution and/ or touchscreen, like the new crop, I can't see how it would make sense to upgrade the OS.

If they release a successor to the ZX100- and you haven't got the new WM-1A already- would you buy it?

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #3,408 of 3,849

Without an improved screen resolution and/ or touchscreen, like the new crop, I can't see how it would make sense to upgrade the OS.

If they release a successor to the ZX100- and you haven't got the new WM-1A already- would you buy it?

​mmm nice question depends on reviews but most likely i will go for the 1A, but at the same time i like the compact size of the ZX100

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #3,409 of 3,849
Gadget ripper hits again REDRUM!:D drowned it on wáter until it shut slef off and then threw it to the floor multiple times and hammered it hard

didn't kill it on purpose, I was playing Haydn quartets and had a weird memory error and became undetectable on windows and shut it self down cannot turn it on anymore so i decided to try to open it (no warranty)

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #3,410 of 3,849
Gadget ripper hits again REDRUM!
biggrin.gif
drowned it on wáter until it shut slef off and then threw it to the floor multiple times and hammered it hard

didn't kill it on purpose, I was playing Haydn quartets and had a weird memory error and became undetectable on windows and shut it self down cannot turn it on anymore so i decided to try to open it (no warranty)

....and you are thinking of buying the WM1A ! Hope you don't destroy that too ! ?

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #3,411 of 3,849

....and you are thinking of buying the WM1A ! Hope you don't destroy that too ! ?

i am sure WM1A will hacve more quality control and will not disintegrate on me like the ZX100 did
tongue.gif
  Mainly got rid of it because it had no resale value anymore (the defects it had made it imposible to sell).

I have enough confidence WM1 series as being a single block CNC'ed will last more

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #3,412 of 3,849

I think the problem is Sony have been using their old cell phone parts for the ZX100 
wink_face.gif

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,413 of 3,849

The Gold piece of zx100 DOES NOT isolate any circuit LOL, most weight comes from the battery, it is not the aluminum and not even the circuits inside it

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #3,414 of 3,849
Wow. I can't believe how good this is. I spent all of Sunday just listening to music in complete awe the entire time. I didn't even want to work today just listen to more music. I didn't think my music could get this good. No distortions, perfect clarity, everything sounds so smooth and I hear every last detail in a song. Old songs that I tired of have been given new life and songs that I never cared for I found myself enjoying. The zx100 even got rid of the piercing highs I get on my 300s.

I don't know how it's possible for my music to sound better than it does now. Either way it was worth returning my a25 and Cayin C5 for this. The only bad thing I don't like is it already has a freaking scratch on it. What kind of cheap ass plastic did Sony use? Now I have to find out how to buff it out and get a case or protector before it gets worse.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #3,415 of 3,849
Wow. I can't believe how good this is. I spent all of Sunday just listening to music in complete awe the entire time. I didn't even want to work today just listen to more music. I didn't think my music could get this good. No distortions, perfect clarity, everything sounds so smooth and I hear every last detail in a song. Old songs that I tired of have been given new life and songs that I never cared for I found myself enjoying. The zx100 even got rid of the piercing highs I get on my 300s.

I don't know how it's possible for my music to sound better than it does now. Either way it was worth returning my a25 and Cayin C5 for this. The only bad thing I don't like is it already has a freaking scratch on it. What kind of cheap ass plastic did Sony use? Now I have to find out how to buff it out and get a case or protector before it gets worse.

The ingredients for a GOOD sound

1. Good headphones
  2. Lossless formats
  3. Great DAP hardware

and a fourth one i always add is a Good Mastering of the song(s)

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #3,416 of 3,849

• Good headphones
  • Lossless formats
  • Great DAP hardware

... and good volume control! It can make such a big difference depending on music/headphones.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #3,417 of 3,849
Can anyone compare the ZX100 to the A15 > Oppo HA-2 using the dac/amp with the custom cable? I'm torn between the ZX100 for the sound quality or the A30 for the side buttons and better user features (although I don't care for touchscreen). I seldom use my A15 with the HA-2 because of the size, weight and reduced battery life. Sound quality or usability? Hmmmmmmm......

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #3,418 of 3,849
Questions for you guys who own the ZX100 with the MDR-NW750N noise cancelling earbuds.

I am interested to read your first hand opinions on the:

1) Effectiveness of the MDR-NW750N's noise cancellation on airplane cabin/engine noise.
2) The sound quality of the MDR-NW750N without turning on the noise cancelling feature.

Thanks!
the noise cancellation on nw-zx100 isn't very good, my nwz-x1050 was much better, with very little degradation of quality, but the nw-zx100 with noise cancellation isn't very good, lots of sound degradation, sounds tinny and hollow

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #3,419 of 3,849

1. Good headphones
  2. Lossless formats
  3. Great DAP hardware

Item 2 and 3 on your list are way overrated. Everything beyond 320kbps does not make a difference if it is from a good Mastering.
The DAP hardware is nearly neglectable nowadays, they all produce very good sound quality (it just depends how the tuning of the hardware
corresponds with your personal preferrence).

If you have to mesaure your points in percentage it would be

- headphones/IEM:  60%
- lossless formats:  5%
- DAP hardware :    5%
- Mastering:          30%

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #3,420 of 3,849
the noise cancellation on nw-zx100 isn't very good, my nwz-x1050 was much better, with very little degradation of quality, but the nw-zx100 with noise cancellation isn't very good, lots of sound degradation, sounds tinny and hollow

Thanks for your take on the NC headphones, I'm really torn on whether getting it or not but realistically I really don't have much use for it except for when I'm on the plane listening to my own music.

The fact that the NC does not work on any other source (movies on planes, silence for me to go to sleep on planes etc) makes it quite useless.

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back