SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 8, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #3,362 of 3,849
Everything tech related will have price fall fast. Especially those that rely on 3rd party "off the shelves main component, such as AK, Onkyo...etc...etc". Because 3rd party also moves fast as well. For all that said, good luck with sale

Walkman down size is because it is not powerful enough, so people lean toward newer and more powerful stuff. The new Walkman is going to change that somewhat

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,363 of 3,849
Damn
I have the same issue with crashing the device after connecting BT with my new 1000x as before with my ABT...
Sometimes, the 100 reboots or crashes or doing something "other things" while connecting via BT (normal pairing or via NFC).

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #3,364 of 3,849
  Damn
I have the same issue with crashing the device after connecting BT with my new 1000x as before with my ABT...
Sometimes, the 100 reboots or crashes or doing something "other things" while connecting via BT (normal pairing or via NFC).

Mine does this too

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3,366 of 3,849
I auditioned a few times the ZX100 at Narita airport this year using my ex1000, and I have to say I have been impressed with its sound based on the three songs available from the sample player. I would probably have bought one if I am not satisfied with what I have or the ZX build looks more high ended. 

The ZX definitely sounds MUCH better than LPG to my ears. LPG was tuned to "impress" you with overly boosted sub bass but failed regardless of price. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #3,367 of 3,849
  I auditioned a few times the ZX100 at Narita airport this year using my ex1000, and I have to say I have been impressed with its sound based on the three songs available from the sample player. I would probably have bought one if I am not satisfied with what I have or the ZX build looks more high ended. 

The ZX definitely sounds MUCH better than LPG to my ears. LPG was tuned to "impress" you with overly boosted sub bass but failed regardless of price. 

I have both the ZX100 and the LPG. LPG is "tuned to "impress" you with overly boosted sub bass"? Seriously? If you were auditioning the LPG with the ex1000, I am surprised that you found its sub bass overly boosted....

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,368 of 3,849

I have both the ZX100 and the LPG. LPG is "tuned to "impress" you with overly boosted sub bass"? Seriously? If you were auditioning the LPG with the ex1000, I am surprised that you found its sub bass overly boosted....

I hate my ears which don't agree with others', but seriously I am not surprised. Another perfect example of YMMV, so we are good. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #3,369 of 3,849

why not use a pc with sony's media go software and convert those cds to much better quality flac files ( probably use around 20gb) and listen the the difference, all your current mp3 ( which is lossy and sounds not so great at all) drag them to your sd card,

once you hear the difference. 

it's also noted that the nw-zx100 is on another league ipods, it's like watching sd films on vcd or vcr and watching bluray equivalent  and you will be amazed on the sound quality that's the difference, ipods simply sound like sony's budget entry level  b series which only cost USD70/HK$450/gbp40

which one you prefer or A17 zx100?

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #3,375 of 3,849
[COLOR=111111]they updated the bundled headphones?[/COLOR]

HK pricing for official set (non-grey set) is also around US$430 but with the free original leather (CKL-NWZX100) case worth around US$100.

Resale price for ZX100 will drop below US$300 with this trend.

Sony is probably preparing for all the new DAP to be made available soon in this 1-2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back