SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #3,331 of 3,849

Thanks
  1. gerelmx1986

So far I'm not using a MicroSD, this is more to do with internal memory.

After reading up a lot on forums, I've tried resizing the album art on my music (previously, it was a huge 1200x1200 or more and now I've reduced that to 500x500. This seems to partially solve the issue and the navigation is much faster. There is still an occasional freeze but not the hangs and restarts that I was facing earlier.

It seems to be ridiculous but this may just be the issue. I will update once I've resized all the album arts and loaded back onto the player.

i use Sony media go, the artwork is very small and low resolution, does it automatically when you convert from CD, no issues

My default now is 800x800 200dpi approx médium 8 in Photoshop save as... 200K in size for the "Folder" image

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3,332 of 3,849
i use Sony media go, the artwork is very small and low resolution, does it automatically when you convert from CD, no issues

How smooth is the UI though. 
Consider this. If your internal memory is full and your microSD is partially full, it still lags for me. 
I've got a replacement from Sony but the lag is very much there. 

No complaints on the SQ though. That's the only saving grace 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #3,334 of 3,849
  How smooth is the UI though. 
Consider this. If your internal memory is full and your microSD is partially full, it still lags for me. 
I've got a replacement from Sony but the lag is very much there. 

No complaints on the SQ though. That's the only saving grace 
smily_headphones1.gif

mine is super smooth and show as much as lag as a flagship phone

i think you need to re-convert your music cds to mp3 or even better flac with media go, this program will set the resolution of artwork automatically and therefore it will be silky smooth

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,336 of 3,849

mine is super smooth and show as much as lag as a flagship phone

i think you need to re-convert your music cds to mp3 or even better flac with media go, this program will set the resolution of artwork automatically and therefore it will be silky smooth

I have a Mac so Media Go isn't available for that. 
Mostly, I select the files and drag and drop into the Music folder. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #3,337 of 3,849
  I have a Mac so Media Go isn't available for that. 
Mostly, I select the files and drag and drop into the Music folder. 

then the problem is not really the player itself, have you considered borrowing a pc and use media go to see how smooth once you have converted cds to flac with media go and see how good this digital audio player is

i have personally spent the last 5 weeks converting my 250 cds to flac just for my nw-zx100 and it's such a gem to use with no lag issues

once you have used media go to convert to flac you can store on your mac and along your itunes to convert to alac ( presumption) there would not be any issues 

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #3,338 of 3,849

then the problem is not really the player itself, have you considered borrowing a pc and use media go to see how smooth once you have converted cds to flac with media go and see how good this digital audio player is

i have personally spent the last 5 weeks converting my 250 cds to flac just for my nw-zx100 and it's such a gem to use with no lag issues

once you have used media go to convert to flac you can store on your mac and along your itunes to convert to alac ( presumption) there would not be any issues 

I have and unfortunately, I do not have an access to a PC. 
I'm not unhappy with the player. In fact I love the sound quality.
I have over 20k songs in various formats including MP3, FLAC and ALAC and I wouldn't want to re rip all those. 
Resizing the album art works well but only upto an extent. 

For a player well over 500 Singapore dollars, you shouldn't be facing this issue is all that I'm saying.

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #3,339 of 3,849
i
is the Sony BCR-NWH10 dockingstation compatible with the ZX100, too?

did anyone try it?

I have this rare dock which fits my nwz-x1000 perfectly

I have tried it with nw-zx100 with out the adapter for x1000, it does fit , but it a bit loose and you may have to modify it as it don't feel secure

At the end of the day, you don't really want to damage your nw-zx100

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #3,340 of 3,849
Oct 3, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #3,344 of 3,849
Hi All,

I have a ZX100 bought about 2 months ago in Australia. Although I've owned a couple of Apple Minis my experience with portable h-fi has been very limited. Along with the Sony I purchased a set of the folding on-ear Sennheiser Momentum head phones. Basically I wanted an outfit that was reasonably compact and simple to use, that would accept high definition files and with outstanding battery capacity. The Sony seemed to fit the bill! 

Currently I have about 70 CDs loaded - mostly as MP3s. I'm still trying to figure out what hi def format format I should use - eventually that's where I want to go. These 70 CDs have used a ridiculously small amount of the devices 128GB internal memory - about 16% I think. I have additional files loaded on an old 8GB SD card that I'm experimenting with.

Initially I found the navigation slightly 'clunky' although I'm getting used to it. It's pretty simple but the menu system feels slightly awkward - practice will improve things I guess. I also was flummoxed for a bit in getting the device to format and recognise an external SD card but that's now resolved (I found the instructions baffling and quite unhelpful). The battery life is fantastic! I need this as I'm often off-the-grid for a week or two at a time.

I also wanted a protective case for the ZX100. I briefly considered the black leather Sony case but ended up with a super cheap black silicone case sourced from a seller in (I think Hong Kong). It's excellent and very convenient to use. I think I have also put on a screen protector, bought somewhere off ebay.

The alternatives I considered were the current iPad Nano and an iPod Touch. The former is of course much more compact but has a much smaller memory (I've since realised that 16GB is probably quite adequate for my needs most of the time if I'm just using mp3 files). The iPod Touch has the advantage of being able to stream and download music as well as surf the net and take picture - attributes I'm still interested in. However I went with the Sony because I really was primarily interested in a device as a music payer only, capable of using hi-def files and with exceptional battery life. My experience with other manufacturers was also v/limited an I've found Sony products (mainly radios) to generally be well made in the past.

As I've mentioned, my experience with portable hi-fi is very limited, but thus far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Sam.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #3,345 of 3,849
  Hi All,

I have a ZX100 bought about 2 months ago in Australia. Although I've owned a couple of Apple Minis my experience with portable h-fi has been very limited. Along with the Sony I purchased a set of the folding on-ear Sennheiser Momentum head phones. Basically I wanted an outfit that was reasonably compact and simple to use, that would accept high definition files and with outstanding battery capacity. The Sony seemed to fit the bill! 

Currently I have about 70 CDs loaded - mostly as MP3s. I'm still trying to figure out what hi def format format I should use - eventually that's where I want to go. These 70 CDs have used a ridiculously small amount of the devices 128GB internal memory - about 16% I think. I have additional files loaded on an old 8GB SD card that I'm experimenting with.

Initially I found the navigation slightly 'clunky' although I'm getting used to it. It's pretty simple but the menu system feels slightly awkward - practice will improve things I guess. I also was flummoxed for a bit in getting the device to format and recognise an external SD card but that's now resolved (I found the instructions baffling and quite unhelpful). The battery life is fantastic! I need this as I'm often off-the-grid for a week or two at a time.

I also wanted a protective case for the ZX100. I briefly considered the black leather Sony case but ended up with a super cheap black silicone case sourced from a seller in (I think Hong Kong). It's excellent and very convenient to use. I think I have also put on a screen protector, bought somewhere off ebay.

The alternatives I considered were the current iPad Nano and an iPod Touch. The former is of course much more compact but has a much smaller memory (I've since realised that 16GB is probably quite adequate for my needs most of the time if I'm just using mp3 files). The iPod Touch has the advantage of being able to stream and download music as well as surf the net and take picture - attributes I'm still interested in. However I went with the Sony because I really was primarily interested in a device as a music payer only, capable of using hi-def files and with exceptional battery life. My experience with other manufacturers was also v/limited an I've found Sony products (mainly radios) to generally be well made in the past.

As I've mentioned, my experience with portable hi-fi is very limited, but thus far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Sam.

why not use a pc with sony's media go software and convert those cds to much better quality flac files ( probably use around 20gb) and listen the the difference, all your current mp3 ( which is lossy and sounds not so great at all) drag them to your sd card,

once you hear the difference. 

it's also noted that the nw-zx100 is on another league ipods, it's like watching sd films on vcd or vcr and watching bluray equivalent  and you will be amazed on the sound quality that's the difference, ipods simply sound like sony's budget entry level  b series which only cost USD70/HK$450/gbp40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back