SONY NW-ZX100
Jul 20, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #3,031 of 3,849
  Seems like a new line up is rolling through sometime soon.
Not sure if there will be ZX successor but to me they've beaten the bush with the ZX  and A series walkman line up.

Quote:
  I still did not make up my mind. Was pretty much sold to the ZX100, but then the Cayin i5 came up.
Maybe should just wait two more months if a ZX200 will be rolled out. 

Like the form factor, sound and batery life of the Sony. Some things I do not like so much, but there will never be the perfect DAP...
In fact, I have a silicone case and glass screen potector already for the ZX100 on my desk...

depending on what sony outs if they are a let down i buy a zx2 and sell my repaired/new unit zx100

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #3,032 of 3,849

depending on what sony outs if they are a let down i buy a zx2 and sell my repaired/new unit zx100

I know you like the Sony DAP's but if you would consider a ZX2 you should seriously look at the Pioneer XDP-100R.  It would be cheaper and quite frankly offer alot more for the money including sound quality and power. 

The are lots of reviews out now on the Pioneer XDP-100R so you should take a look if you are serious.  You should also be able to buy the Pioneer XDP-100R in North America vs having to import it from overseas.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,034 of 3,849
  MAYBE IT WILL HAVE USB 3.0 THIS TIME

lmao

Given the processing power on most DAP's usb 3.0 would be pointless. Since Sony is still on bluetooth 3.0 they have never been good about supporting the latest standards.  Look at how old the android version is on the ZX2.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #3,035 of 3,849

I know you like the Sony DAP's but if you would consider a ZX2 you should seriously look at the Pioneer XDP-100R.  It would be cheaper and quite frankly offer alot more for the money including sound quality and power. 

The are lots of reviews out now on the Pioneer XDP-100R so you should take a look if you are serious.  You should also be able to buy the Pioneer XDP-100R in North America vs having to import it from overseas.

The other day I was thinking on the pioneer DAP, more features such as dual microSD, modrn android, dual DAC

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #3,038 of 3,849
No Sony DAPs in Toronto

Well it has finally happened, there are no Sony DAPs to be found in Toronto anywhere.  Use to be you could find the A17 at Best Buy and the ZX1 and ZX2 at some higher end retailers.  Now none of them have any stock. Either they have models on back order with no date for restock or they have removed them from their sites. Still no word on the ZX100 or A20 series being available.  Best Buy Canada doesn't even have the A17 on their site.  I found one Canadian source on amazon.ca for the A26 but they want $834.00 plus shipping.  How Sony and Amazon can even allow a seller to offer such an absurd price is beyond me.

I can find in stock in retail stores all the latest model DAP's from Pioneer/Onkyo, Fiio (lots of stores), iBasso, Shanling, Cayin, Calix, HiFiMan and Astell & Kern but nothing from Sony let alone anything current.  At this point I can't figure out what the heck Sony is doing in Canada and I am tired of waiting to find out

On a positive note I should get my replacement A17 tomorrow according to purolator tracking and Sony.  Sony said they would send me a replacement within 7 to 10 days and they are actually ahead of schedule, go figure.  Because of the potential Canada Post mail strike Purolator is overwhelmed with traffic and can't provide accurate shipping information.  Supposedly it should be delivered on Friday but I am not holding my breath.  I am kind of anxious to see what Sony sends me for a replacement given the state of their DAPs in Canada.

Apparently Sony still has two warehouses in Canada but for some reason they can't provide stock to retailers. 

I have lost all confidence in Sony Canada and their products and will be looking elsewhere for my audio equipment needs.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #3,039 of 3,849
  No Sony DAPs in Toronto

Well it has finally happened, there are no Sony DAPs to be found in Toronto anywhere.  Use to be you could find the A17 at Best Buy and the ZX1 and ZX2 at some higher end retailers.  Now none of them have any stock. Either they have models on back order with no date for restock or they have removed them from their sites. Still no word on the ZX100 or A20 series being available.  Best Buy Canada doesn't even have the A17 on their site.  I found one Canadian source on amazon.ca for the A26 but they want $834.00 plus shipping.  How Sony and Amazon can even allow a seller to offer such an absurd price is beyond me.

I can find in stock in retail stores all the latest model DAP's from Pioneer/Onkyo, Fiio (lots of stores), iBasso, Shanling, Cayin, Calix, HiFiMan and Astell & Kern but nothing from Sony let alone anything current.  At this point I can't figure out what the heck Sony is doing in Canada and I am tired of waiting to find out

On a positive note I should get my replacement A17 tomorrow according to purolator tracking and Sony.  Sony said they would send me a replacement within 7 to 10 days and they are actually ahead of schedule, go figure.  Because of the potential Canada Post mail strike Purolator is overwhelmed with traffic and can't provide accurate shipping information.  Supposedly it should be delivered on Friday but I am not holding my breath.  I am kind of anxious to see what Sony sends me for a replacement given the state of their DAPs in Canada.

Apparently Sony still has two warehouses in Canada but for some reason they can't provide stock to retailers. 

I have lost all confidence in Sony Canada and their products and will be looking elsewhere for my audio equipment needs.

That is very weird.  The ZX100 is available new here for around $AUD650 (Canadian Dollar similar to ours), used A17's are scarce (I have two and am wondering whether to keep both) while the A25 is available here new for $AUD220 and used for around the $AUD170 mark.  Airmail O/s from here is about $AUD15 so if anyone is having difficulty buying a SONY then I'm happy to help out as I love spending other people's money.
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,042 of 3,849
  That is very weird.  The ZX100 is available new here for around $AUD650 (Canadian Dollar similar to ours), used A17's are scarce (I have two and am wondering whether to keep both) while the A25 is available here new for $AUD220 and used for around the $AUD170 mark.  Airmail O/s from here is about $AUD15 so if anyone is having difficulty buying a SONY then I'm happy to help out as I love spending other people's money.
biggrin.gif

I am sure Australia's proximity to the asian markets is a big plus in terms of product availability.  In Canada we are the arctic circle when it comes to consumer electronics.  We are just the giant chunk of frozen land above the US. Nobody lives here except for polar bears and penguins, at least as far as Sony is concerned anyway.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #3,043 of 3,849
mexico is the same maybe sony things we still live in adobe houses with cactus lol and we are in a big desert land

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #3,044 of 3,849
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the offer but since you live in the "land down under" doesn't everything work in the opposite direction, that would be very confusing for us polar bears
tongue.gif
  Sony can kiss my big white furry backside as I am tired of being jerked around and neglected.  If I wanted to be treated like that I would just get married.
biggrin.gif

Just tracked my A17 or whatever Sony is sending me and it should be delivered today before 8pm.  I don't know whether to be excited or afraid!!!

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3,045 of 3,849
  mexico is the same maybe sony things we still live in adobe houses with cactus lol and we are in a big desert land

At least it is warm in Mexico and you live in houses, it is freezing here and we get to live in igloos
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back