SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #1,201 of 3,849

My Ipod only did this on the coverFlow view but not in the albums list and had a composer view! well it's a sony as they say
tongue.gif

But SQ-Wise it shadows the negatives ...
gs1000.gif

Psst!, Psst! Sony! Its a simple Group BY in your database album query...

SELECT Album_Name, Artist_Name
FROM <Walkman database name>
GROUP BY Artist_Name
Order BY Album_Name ASC

Software enginnering tips
biggrin.gif
 how to do a simple database query in SQL (structured query language) the language you use to "talk" ("ask") a Database fro data

Walkman OS is a derivative of Unix / Linux, I read someone tought it was made in JAVA.

I know, I have database knowledge (DB2 / a little bit Oracle and SQL (+ XML and a little, little bit Java)), but can I change this query on my hw-player? 
tongue.gif

@Sony. Give us the source code and we change it... a better code for a better (music) world.
bigsmile_face.gif

Regarding: "256 GB SD". The player reads the Sandisk 200 GB without any problems... Is there a 256 GB model available? Never seen until now...
In my mind, the HW can support cards >200 GB, but can the OS / SW handle files >xxxx files? I don't know. Many players cannot handle files >xxxx (32.000 for example), althoug the hw-player supports + 500GB storage.... In many cases there is a file limitation (limitated by internal RAM / database (tablespace etc. pp).)

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #1,203 of 3,849
 but 256 - 28% is not 200
wink.gif

I never said that! 

But what I said is that any player which handles 128GB would also handle 256GB fine (due to the standard applied which goes to 2TB) although we cannot proof that 100% yet as so far there is no such card available on the market. It is proven to handle 200GB but that is irrelevant for the initial question asked.

Just being precise here!

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,206 of 3,849
Oct 25, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,209 of 3,849
I know, I have database knowledge (DB2 / a little bit Oracle and SQL (+ XML and a little, little bit Java)), but can I change this query on my hw-player? 
tongue.gif

@Sony. Give us the source code and we change it... a better code for a better (music) world.
bigsmile_face.gif

yes or
biggrin.gif
 hire better thinking engineers or hire apple iPod coders AHAHAHA

Regarding the microSD card "fight" yesretday waas zx2 fight
popcorn.gif
 LOL, i saw a company called Microdia (i never heard of them before ao i doubt) released this year a $1,000 USD 512GB microSD

Let's see if the ZX100 is "smart" in a good way - if i connect to media Go and it syncs the computer clock hour data, we have winter time switch today at 2:00AM so my walkman clock is one hour ahead of the PC and xperia clock, my Ipod classic did this automatically It amazed me, my older walkmen A818 and x1060 didn't

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,211 of 3,849
The flashing battery icon last a lot like 4 to 5 hours on mine

Feeding my walkman some electrons
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #1,212 of 3,849

I have a F886 & love the sound signature of it, but want a Sony with added storage, so that rules out the ZX1. I'm now even more undecided between the ZX2 & ZX100 ??? ( Unfortunately, I cannot demo any unit. )
You would expect the ZX2 to have the bigger soundstage, given it's the flagship model & the most expensive ?

Yeah, but its practically new and haven't been burned in yet so its really hard to say, the ZX2 does have a thicker sound though. I really like the F880 too and the ZX1 and ZX100 would be a more suitable upgrade than the ZX2. Not saying if anyone is inferior to the other because they are all great daps but its just a matter of preference.

I do feel the same my ZX100 retains some qualities of my A17 but refined sound quality, no distortion at all on high frequencies, yes, sound stage is big now love it, I find the bass on the ZX100 is lighter than the bass on the A10... to vary a bit nad annoy @Rob49 LOL i am listening to a fortepiano concerto... very nice string orchestra wide sound stage and nice separation of violins (strings) and winds Horns, trumpets and trombones... the soloist of the (forte)piano is very good... bass rumbles on my ears with the bass registers of the fortepiano and so do the middle and high notes very sparkly esp the mechanism of the hammers strking the strings of the piano.

I find the zx100 has better resolution than my A10, I eill never go back to sub $500 range, more than $700 needs justification but unfortunately  i cannot test demo units either
To me ZX2 sounds like a fiio x3 first gen signature so no thanks

Quote:
  Clearly it has opened and still other 170h to go (burn-in) i feel the soundstage is already super widened compared to the one of my A10, bass seems good impact but not as like the A10 with i found to be a bit too much, tough it had difficulties dirving my MDR-1R the bass was with the XBA-A3, the ZX100 also has the bass strong in the XBA-A3 but lessened  in perceivable quantity and quality, despite that ZX100 manages to drive my weak in bass 1R neutral, fine bass but present, to contrast my A10 made those cans (1R) sound like telephone speakers

Listening to orchestral music (symphony, concerto of any period) demonstrates the sound stage characteristics of the zx100, so wide and  can feel the concert hall or what ever it was recorded at, very expansive sound i can feel the air especially on the soloists, more notably on regular orchetra solist instruments

I see, when I tested it I thought the ZX100 was better than the A10 in details and separation but somehow I preferred the A10 for soundstage and because of a warmer sound signature because it makes things sound more 3d because of the reverb in instruments. But I might get the ZX100 now if the soundstage gets much better.

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,213 of 3,849
  I see, when I tested it I thought the ZX100 was better than the A10 in details and separation but somehow I preferred the A10 for soundstage and because of a warmer sound signature because it makes things sound more 3d because of the reverb in instruments. But I might get the ZX100 now if the soundstage gets much better.

technicalities, the zx100 is definitely better than the a10.  tonality is a matter of preference.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,214 of 3,849
Right now using both a Japanese A16, and EU-capped A25, ZX100 and ZX2, I am trying to refrain from making some comments concerning my judgements about those players. At least before the recommended 100 hr burn-in period by Sony. 

A16, and ZX2 are fully burned, and A25 and ZX100 are about their 40 hour mark. I am still going on with the process, and will give my evaluation of these 4 players in a comprehensive review (using several headphones) in a few weeks. 

And I strongly suggest other reviewers to do so - to think twice before posting - to not to transform this thread into a massive in size / speculation & tiny in information one. Please, let the people who come here to find out the information they look for with a brief search. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,215 of 3,849
  Right now using both a Japanese A16, and EU-capped A25, ZX100 and ZX2, I am trying to refrain from making some comments concerning my judgements about those players. At least before the recommended 100 hr burn-in period by Sony. 

A16, and ZX2 are fully burned, and A25 and ZX100 are about their 40 hour mark. I am still going on with the process, and will give my evaluation of these 4 players in a comprehensive review (using several headphones) in a few weeks. 

And I strongly suggest other reviewers to do so - to think twice before posting - to not to transform this thread into a massive in size / speculation & tiny in information one. Please, let the people who come here to find out the information they look for with a brief search. 

im looking forward with your informative review.
i can get the A25 32gb for $250 and ZX100 for $450. im trying to justify the $200 difference how much better the 100 compared to 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back