SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,171 of 3,849
  Just tried the ZX1, ZX2 and ZX100 in stores. I actually preferred the ZX1 the most out of all of them. The ZX1 is fully burned in though, however, while the ZX2 and ZX100 is practically new. All of them are good though. The ZX2 has good bass but i feel the soundstage isn't as big and wide in the soundstage as the other two and sounds thicker. The ZX100 seems more like my A16 with some qualities from the ZX2 (But more like A10 in general). While the ZX1 sounds like F880 which i also have. 
Just wondering does the ZX100 sound a lot better after burn in? When I tried it it seems to be better than the A10 in treble cause it isn't as sharp/bright sounding but it also loses out in soundstage a bit compared to A10 because of the lesser treble, but the separation is better in the ZX100. Does the soundstage open up a lot more? Because I remember my A16 opening up a lot more after burn in and the clarity improved dramatically with better bass.

Clearly it has opened and still other 170h to go (burn-in) i feel the soundstage is already super widened compared to the one of my A10, bass seems good impact but not as like the A10 with i found to be a bit too much, tough it had difficulties dirving my MDR-1R the bass was with the XBA-A3, the ZX100 also has the bass strong in the XBA-A3 but lessened  in perceivable quantity and quality, despite that ZX100 manages to drive my weak in bass 1R neutral, fine bass but present, to contrast my A10 made those cans (1R) sound like telephone speakers

Listening to orchestral music (symphony, concerto of any period) demonstrates the sound stage characteristics of the zx100, so wide and  can feel the concert hall or what ever it was recorded at, very expansive sound i can feel the air especially on the soloists, more notably on regular orchetra solist instruments

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,172 of 3,849
Perhaps, you should take cover & hide under your HARPSICHORD !!! ? ( Not being funny...but I'm so sick of seeing that word ! ORGAN, comes a close second ! ) Don't you like any other genre of music @gerelmx1986
Seriously, KEEP SAFE !! ( I have friends going on holiday to Mexico - mid November. )

LOL it osunded a bit offensive but nah, is what i hear right now, the albums i loaded mostly baroque, i also listened to many renaissance cathedral music (missae and motets) i am leaving the best for a full burn in, Haydn syphonies namely (his later ones), Bach cello suites with yo-yo ma, Haydn complete (the most complete i hate when they say "complete" and lack some pieces because they are doubtful from the composer) Haydn string quartets on Naxos w/ Kodali Quartet

Sorry
biggrin.gif
 But i Hate BACH on the modern piano (JS Bach is the one on the harpsichord, cause there is JC, WF and CPE bach, who are acceptable on both as do haydn and mozart) I do hate beethoven on the Harpsichord, he is on the piano, I like the music on it's intended instrument

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,174 of 3,849
When did you demo the ZX2 @gerelmx1986 ? ( I know you said, you don't actually own one. )

No ididn't demo it, but what head-fiers say about it being think n' bassy... those words spell fiio x3 I SQ

Music on it's intended instrument, JS bach on the harpsichord... JC, CPE Bachs, mozart, haydn on both... beethoven, chopin liszt on the piano... I do prefer mozart on the piano tough

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,175 of 3,849
  LOL it osunded a bit offensive but nah, is what i hear right now, the albums i loaded mostly baroque, i also listened to many renaissance cathedral music (missae and motets) i am leaving the best for a full burn in, Haydn syphonies namely (his later ones), Bach cello suites with yo-yo ma, Haydn complete (the most complete i hate when they say "complete" and lack some pieces because they are doubtful from the composer) Haydn string quartets on Naxos w/ Kodali Quartet

Sorry
biggrin.gif
 But i Hate BACH on the modern piano (JS Bach is the one on the harpsichord, cause there is JC, WF and CPE bach, who are acceptable on both as do haydn and mozart) I do hate beethoven on the Harpsichord, he is on the piano, I like the music on it's intended instrument

Didn't mean to come across as offensive, @gerelmx1986 Everyone as their musical preferences....but you really should try & broaden your musical horizon's !!! ( Perhaps, something with an electrical guitar ?
wink_face.gif
 )

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,177 of 3,849

Didn't mean to come across as offensive, @gerelmx1986 Everyone as their musical preferences....but you really should try & broaden your musical horizon's !!! ( Perhaps, something with an electrical guitar ?
wink_face.gif
 )

You're wasting your breathe, I've already tried to get him to realize that there is a world of wonderful music out there beyond the confines of classical. I always feel bad for people who can only ever experience such a narrow experience due to an inflexible approach. What is that saying, "your mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it's open". Don't worry gerelmx1986, we still love you, we just want you to loosen up a little dude.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,178 of 3,849
All Classical music basically consists of many many COVER BANDS!

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,179 of 3,849
All Classical music basically consists of many many COVER BANDS!

All classical music was made by genius people, and all music is then written-up so all those bands of rock, classic rock are just copying over and over what was written
redface.gif
 that was said by my mom that all music permutations are all used up by those genius people of the classical era

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,180 of 3,849
wink_face.gif
 )

haha like this ?
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,181 of 3,849
All classical music was made by genius people, and all music is then written-up so all those bands of rock, classic rock are just copying over and over what was written :xf_eek:  that was said by my mom that all music permutations are all used up by those genius people of the classical era
Then Classical composers copied the previous music.

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,182 of 3,849
Oh no, we are getting into the reductionist,  elite enlightened music debate, tread carefully ....
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,183 of 3,849
Hi guys!!
I've got my nw zx100 since monday. The soundstage on my MDR 1abt on LDAC hi quality is a masterpiece. All riffs are really bright without distorsions. The battery sounds good. I've got the F886 before. 128go is really great, i felt very unconfortable with my 32go. But the output for headphones is not enought powerfull for my Ultrasone Pro 900. Maybe It will be better with my old Fiio E11. I always have Sony Dac: Nw A829; nwz A846, and four mini disk!! I love this Dac, if the sound will be better after some hours i will be very hard to beat.
The headphones in the box do the job but this nw zx100 need a really music maker companion :wink:
All my music was encoded on FLAC 16/44.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #1,184 of 3,849
I tested it on the Car stereo of my Mom's seat ibiza... my dad said holy cow, what a clean signal! and it's heavy he said too, even heavier than the fiio x3 I
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back