SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #18 of 3,849
The first picture (showing front and back) has surfaced on erji.net a few days ago, but here is the background story to go with it: the picture is from a suspected scammer in China, which quite a few erji.net forumers have claimed to have fallen victim to him. As the story goes, his usual 'trick' involves buying functional 2nd hand Sony Walkman DAP from Taobao private seller, then swap out the PCB for a broken PCB as soon as he can, followed by launching a 'DOA' complaint on Taobao and request for a return. Only when the returned non-functioning DAP was taken to a repair center then the seller was told that the serial number on the casing and the PCB don't match and then they realized they are scammed.

This is not to say the picture is a definite fake, but let just takes it with a grain of salt.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #19 of 3,849
Sony IFA conference

Tokyo - 2 September, 23:15:00
New York - 2 September, 10:15:00
Los Angeles - 2 September, 07:15:00
London - 2 September, 15:15:00
Sydney - 3 September, 00:15:00
Singapore - 2 September, 22:15:00

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #22 of 3,849
This is more interesting to me:

New A20 series:
* Digital Noise Cancelling headphones with new included in the kit
* Equalizer applicable on HiRes files
* Available in 16 and 64GB
* Available in silver, black, fuchsia, turquoise, lemon yellow
* Prices: € 300-500 (tbc)

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #28 of 3,849
stockpiling money, selling my gear except my HA-2
biggrin.gif
 bye bye XBA-H3 (HI!, XBA-A3) bye bye NWZ-A17 (HI! ZX100)

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #29 of 3,849
  what are the other main differences between a20 & zx100 other than the shape, which demands a significantly(app.300 or more) higher price than its counterpart.

Look at, say, the A series vs. any ZX. 

The Phileweb report indicates this is the follow up to the ZX1, so it looks like Sony is seeing this as a co-flagship of sorts to the ZX2 but more like a prince versus a king :) The A series is not flagship audio quality. The ZX line (including the ZX100) has micro SD and 128GB. The Ax7 series has 64GB. The ZX100 ditches Android for the Sony OS in the normal Walkman - which would also explain the lack of touchscreen, controls, and arguably better battery life. There is no WiFi in the ZX100. It supports LDAC, so there is bluetooth. ZX100 supports DSD 5.6, which is one of the reasons I want to upgrade my ZX1. The headphone jack is different than the ZX2 since it supports the digital noise cancelling stuff like the other Sony Walkman devices, so if you like what the ZX2 has, this will probably be a downgrade to a degree.

Honestly looks like Sony took the best of both worlds here - the old Walkman OS and controls + the forward thinking guts of the ZX1 and 2.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #30 of 3,849

Look at, say, the A series vs. any ZX. 

The Phileweb report indicates this is the follow up to the ZX1, so it looks like Sony is seeing this as a co-flagship of sorts to the ZX2 but more like a prince versus a king :) The A series is not flagship audio quality. The ZX line (including the ZX100) has micro SD and 128GB. The Ax7 series has 64GB. The ZX100 ditches Android for the Sony OS in the normal Walkman - which would also explain the lack of touchscreen, controls, and arguably better battery life. There is no WiFi in the ZX100. It supports LDAC, so there is bluetooth. ZX100 supports DSD 5.6, which is one of the reasons I want to upgrade my ZX1. The headphone jack is different than the ZX2 since it supports the digital noise cancelling stuff like the other Sony Walkman devices, so if you like what the ZX2 has, this will probably be a downgrade to a degree.

Honestly looks like Sony took the best of both worlds here - the old Walkman OS and controls + the forward thinking guts of the ZX1 and 2.

do you also happen to know if it houses the OSCAPs aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back