SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 2, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #31 of 3,849
I have the ZX2, and the original A17. I LOVE the A10 because of it's size and portability, and use of the Sony OS rather than the Android filled with features I don't really need in a player I am using specifically to play Hi Res music. It also only has 64GB of internal memory.

The ZX2 has AMAZING sound quality plus 128GB of internal memory which means I can fit more songs on it, but it is so big and not very portable IMO.

The ZX100 is the best of both worlds, looks very small and portable (though not as small as the A10 series), has 128GB of internal memory which is great, and uses the Sony OS rather than Android. Plus it has the noise canceling feature which is perfect for my commute. Looks like this will be my new everyday player once it comes out.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #34 of 3,849
Hi all,

I really need help.

I'm torn between:

Sony ZX-1  -  Love
Sony A16/17  - Like
A&K Jr  - Love

or other?

I don't like Fios or Ponos for design/interface purposes.

What should I do?

500ish is my cap, I don't know jack about AUDIOPHILE stuff.

I haven't heard any of them b/c my stores don't carry this kinda gear.  WHAT TO PICK!!!!!

Open to suggestions

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #38 of 3,849
  I have the ZX2, and the original A17. I LOVE the A10 because of it's size and portability, and use of the Sony OS rather than the Android filled with features I don't really need in a player I am using specifically to play Hi Res music. It also only has 64GB of internal memory.

The ZX2 has AMAZING sound quality plus 128GB of internal memory which means I can fit more songs on it, but it is so big and not very portable IMO.

The ZX100 is the best of both worlds, looks very small and portable (though not as small as the A10 series), has 128GB of internal memory which is great, and uses the Sony OS rather than Android. Plus it has the noise canceling feature which is perfect for my commute. Looks like this will be my new everyday player once it comes out.

Similar to what I posted BUT don't get too excited about the NC. If it's the same as the old implementation, it's a proprietary thing which you have to use specific Sony headphones or earbuds with. It's not normal NC per se, so if you want better quality, just get a set of decent NC cans.

$450-$600

French page posted uncorfimed price 700 Euro, so 700 USD should be it.

Pretty much that's how it goes - so $699. Stick a dollar for the Euro. I'm guessing this will be around 80000 Yen as well. The Japanese difference will be ATRAC support.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #40 of 3,849
I know noob questions are annoying, but I really would like some help.
I have done a considerable amount of research and basically I'm back to where I started.

ZX1, wait for ZX100, or something else - 500ish budget

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #41 of 3,849
  I know noob questions are annoying, but I really would like some help.
I have done a considerable amount of research and basically I'm back to where I started.

ZX1, wait for ZX100, or something else - 500ish budget

If your budget is $500, the ZX100 is probably out of your price range so you pretty much have your answer.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #44 of 3,849
There is absolutely no way for me to demo.  

Basically where I live there isn't sheeeeeet for electronic stores.  There is barely a guitar center and 2 best buys that carry nothing.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #45 of 3,849
  aww:disappointed:, if it was $500 I would've bought it:rage:

i will get one definitvely, a month ofsalary
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back