SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #41,731 of 45,723
If I wanted the firmwares to not be public, they would not be published.

I guess everyone is free to share them now, I can't keep anyone from coming here and sharing a link.

Just share the link to the post instead of sharing the GDrive link. The post will always be up to date with the latest indications and answers to frequent questions. :)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/post-15747959
great work @MrWalkman - beer donated. Best wishes. WAmadeusM

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #41,732 of 45,723
@MrWalkman
Do you know how to modify the android firmware of the ZX507/A105?

Because the European Union region walkmans cannot access high gain even if they flash to International firmware. I don’t think the EU Walkman are any different in terms of hardware.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #41,733 of 45,723
I have integrated "Cerberus" toward @MrWalkman 1A/Z + Brilliantly made FirmWare. Just as Promised to people who have requested previously. It is named Cerberus + as the + is to honor @MrWalkman creation 1A/Z +

This is the combinations of Works from @Morgenstern09 @Morbideath , myself and thanks to @MrWalkman brilliant works. We have yet again to witness another level of performances improvements by firmware , We are Stronger Together !! Until Giant Sony request it down

After Beta testers, Cerberus is friendly and also showing improvements toward Stock and modified Hardware Walkman

Disclaimers: Your preferences may be different from Mine, and Cerberus, and therefore If it doesnt suite your taste, please consider reverting back to stock, or @MrWalkman , or any other so desired firmwares. Also, I no longer have Walkman to test ride this tuning with you. Beta Testers majorily "likes" it

You can Download this File here
Download this Model Switcher Here

Steps by Steps

1/ Download Model Switcher
2/ Run Windows Batch File
3/ Switch to DMP Z1 Model
4/ Restart Very Important
5/ Recommended but not Neccessary (Check your Model by using Model Switcher and make sure it is DMP Z1)
6/ Download Firmware
7/ Install

You may be prompted by AntiVirus and blah....blah....but you are all safe

EU model
s may have problem installing it

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #41,734 of 45,723
great work @MrWalkman - beer donated. Best wishes. WAmadeusM

Really appreciate it! :beerchug:

I have integrated "Cerberus" toward @MrWalkman 1A/Z + Brilliantly made FirmWare. Just as Promised to people who have requested previously

This is the combinations of Works from @Morgenstern09 @Morbideath , myself and thanks to @MrWalkman brilliant works. We have yet again to witness another level of performances improvements by firmware , We are Stronger Together !! Until Giant Sony request it down

After Beta testers, Cerberus is friendly and also showing improvements toward Stock and modified Hardware Walkman

Disclaimers: Your preferences may be different from Mine, and Cerberus, and therefore If it doesnt suite your taste, please consider reverting back to stock, or @MrWalkman , or any other so desired firmwares. Also, I no longer have Walkman to test ride this tuning with you. Beta Testers majorily "likes" it

Steps by Steps

5/ Recommended but not Neccessary (Check your Model by using Model Switcher and make sure it is DMP Z1)
6/ Download Firmware
7/ Install

Some things to mention:

- "Cerberus" is just a tuning mod, that was now made to be used with the WM1A/Z+ modded firmware, and I have no affiliation with it. Everything "official" about my firmware mods can be found here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/page-2738#post-15747959
- using the Model Switcher in the archive will not actually switch the internal tuning to the DMP-Z1 one, it will only make it possible to apply a full DMP-Z1 external tuning
- using the switcher available inside the modded WM1A/Z+ firmware will still change the DMP-Z1 to WM1A or WM1Z
- the UPG inside is a previous version of the WM1A/Z+ firmware, and not the latest from today, and it will change the "Certificates" images

@Whitigir, thanks, and I recommend updating the UPG inside to the latest one, so people won't need to have to restore the images :)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #41,735 of 45,723
Edit: If you want to post this on other forums, it would be nice to provide a link to the main post, and not
a direct Google Drive link. Thanks!

Hello,

A small update has arrived.

logow.png

Changes:
- removed the modified Certificate images
Installing the mods will no longer modify the "Certificates" images. This means that we won't need
to use "WM1 Back to Stock" anymore. In order to get back to stock, just make sure you switched
the model to the original one for your device, and then just flash the official stock firmware of your
choice. If you used previous versions of the mods, I uploaded an updater which is made only to
restore the "Certificate" images to the original ones.

- really updated the translations for all languages
It seems that I missed some last time, regarding the "DSEE HX AI" and the "Model Switcher" options.

- the "WM1A to 1Z" mod name has been changed to "CHAMELEON"
As the mod's main purpose is to allow switching your model, without adding any improvements to
the stock sound, and also to make it less confusing when mentioning both mods, the name was
changed.

- the update bar fills up to the end now - really important fix, haha

I also added these mods for the 3.00 and 3.01 firmware versions, for those of you who would like
to try them.
Thanks a lot MrWalkman. 1A+ 3.00 is my favourite now.

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #41,736 of 45,723
Now if 1A to 1Z fw + @Whitigir tune solved some boomy or muddy lower frequencies region that would be amazing. Got it test it out.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #41,739 of 45,723
I love the new Walkman logo.

Yep, it was used before, especially on Sony Ericsson Walkman models :D

Thanks a lot MrWalkman. 1A+ 3.00 is my favourite now.

Yup, 3.00 sounds nice. I hope I'll be able to actually have the sound of 3.00, for example, on the 3.02 firmware. But will see.

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #41,740 of 45,723
Cerberus+ rocks on my Romi v4 BG 1Z and prototype 24wire MS1Z, the best of the best!
6C2747C6-64E9-4711-B451-094C150C2FA9.jpeg

6E19CAC9-26EA-467B-8B0F-C88B7EDA3E58.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #41,742 of 45,723
If you are going to play with DMP Z1 firmware, count me in

Harder to do that without the device, and the Z1 firmware doesn't allow the same mod to work on it.

However, the ZX300 allows the + mod to work, and can even run the 1A/1Z firmware, for example. To be continued.

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #41,744 of 45,723
I have integrated "Cerberus" toward @MrWalkman 1A/Z + Brilliantly made FirmWare. Just as Promised to people who have requested previously. It is named Cerberus + as the + is to honor @MrWalkman creation 1A/Z +

Steps by Steps

6/ Download Firmware
7/ Install

Wow! The dream team united!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back