SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #41,747 of 45,723
@MrWalkman
Do you know how to modify the android firmware of the ZX507/A105?

Because the European Union region walkmans cannot access high gain even if they flash to International firmware. I don’t think the EU Walkman are any different in terms of hardware.

Nope, especially as I don't own the device.

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #41,748 of 45,723
Edit: If you want to post this on other forums, it would be nice to provide a link to the main post, and not
a direct Google Drive link. Thanks!

Hello,

A small update has arrived.

Changes:
- removed the modified Certificate images
Installing the mods will no longer modify the "Certificates" images. This means that we won't need
to use "WM1 Back to Stock" anymore. In order to get back to stock, just make sure you switched
the model to the original one for your device, and then just flash the official stock firmware of your
choice. If you used previous versions of the mods, I uploaded an updater which is made only to
restore the "Certificate" images to the original ones.

- really updated the translations for all languages
It seems that I missed some last time, regarding the "DSEE HX AI" and the "Model Switcher" options.

- the "WM1A to 1Z" mod name has been changed to "CHAMELEON"
As the mod's main purpose is to allow switching your model, without adding any improvements to
the stock sound, and also to make it less confusing when mentioning both mods, the name was
changed.

- the update bar fills up to the end now - really important fix, haha

I also added these mods for the 3.00 and 3.01 firmware versions, for those of you who would like
to try them.

As always, please read the indications in the main post, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions
section that can be found there.

MAIN POST

Link to firmware in the main post: CLICK

Thanks!

Thank you so much for updating the WM1AZ+ for 3.0/3.01 compatibility! You're awesome dude!:beyersmile::L3000:

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #41,749 of 45,723
I have integrated "Cerberus" toward @MrWalkman 1A/Z + Brilliantly made FirmWare. Just as Promised to people who have requested previously. It is named Cerberus + as the + is to honor @MrWalkman creation 1A/Z +

This is the combinations of Works from @Morgenstern09 @Morbideath , myself and thanks to @MrWalkman brilliant works. We have yet again to witness another level of performances improvements by firmware , We are Stronger Together !! Until Giant Sony request it down

After Beta testers, Cerberus is friendly and also showing improvements toward Stock and modified Hardware Walkman

Disclaimers: Your preferences may be different from Mine, and Cerberus, and therefore If it doesnt suite your taste, please consider reverting back to stock, or @MrWalkman , or any other so desired firmwares. Also, I no longer have Walkman to test ride this tuning with you. Beta Testers majorily "likes" it

You can Download this File here
Download this Model Switcher Here

Steps by Steps

1/ Download Model Switcher
2/ Run Windows Batch File
3/ Switch to DMP Z1 Model
4/ Restart Very Important
5/ Recommended but not Neccessary (Check your Model by using Model Switcher and make sure it is DMP Z1)
6/ Download Firmware
7/ Install

You may be prompted by AntiVirus and blah....blah....but you are all safe
Busy with the final matches of premier league and just listened 1 track on my Romi modded 1A and stock 1Z but OMG! The deep the bass, the smooth the treble, the crazy the resolution and the dark the background, it is simply a dream comes true!

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #41,750 of 45,723
Edit: If you want to post this on other forums, it would be nice to provide a link to the main post, and not
a direct Google Drive link. Thanks!

Hello,

A small update has arrived.

logow.png

Changes:
- removed the modified Certificate images
Installing the mods will no longer modify the "Certificates" images. This means that we won't need
to use "WM1 Back to Stock" anymore. In order to get back to stock, just make sure you switched
the model to the original one for your device, and then just flash the official stock firmware of your
choice. If you used previous versions of the mods, I uploaded an updater which is made only to
restore the "Certificate" images to the original ones.

- really updated the translations for all languages
It seems that I missed some last time, regarding the "DSEE HX AI" and the "Model Switcher" options.

- the "WM1A to 1Z" mod name has been changed to "CHAMELEON"
As the mod's main purpose is to allow switching your model, without adding any improvements to
the stock sound, and also to make it less confusing when mentioning both mods, the name was
changed.

- the update bar fills up to the end now - really important fix, haha

I also added these mods for the 3.00 and 3.01 firmware versions, for those of you who would like
to try them.

As always, please read the indications in the main post, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions
section that can be found there.

MAIN POST

Link to firmware in the main post: CLICK

Thanks!

one question , do those changes/updates appear in a new(er) FW which we should download and re-install ?

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #41,751 of 45,723
one question , do those changes/updates appear in a new(er) FW which we should download and re-install ?
I would reinstall using these versions since it has a few bug fixes according to Mr Walkman.

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #41,752 of 45,723
Nope, especially as I don't own the device.
Wish I could buy you to send it on a test cycle and see what new things you can check from it. Best wishes in all this. Cheers!

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #41,754 of 45,723

After every update, I am always removing previous versions from the download link and the I upload the latest ones.

So just download, and install. You don't need to do anything special before installing.

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #41,755 of 45,723
It seems like " after switching to DMP-Z1 model, I was unable to run Firmware cerberus with issue "Please connect to the usb"
I might patiently wait for next integration updated firmware from MrWalkman.
Grad to hear that the team start work together :)

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #41,757 of 45,723
It seems like " after switching to DMP-Z1 model, I was unable to run Firmware cerberus with issue "Please connect to the usb"

You need to restart the player after changing the model with that switcher.

Integrating the Cerberus external tuning with the modded firmware is a separate thing, which I will not start releasing by default. The modded firmware will be released with the stock external tuning.

I am not part of any team. If anyone wants to release their tunings with the modded firmware, up to them.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #41,759 of 45,723
wooooaaa so many fw I am so lost lol, I dont have time to test all aaaaaa

got them all downloaded :)

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #41,760 of 45,723
I'm the same... I have a 1A, showing as a DMP-Z1, but - still got the connect the target device issue... :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back