SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #41,043 of 45,723
Checked history for the last few days, but can't find any info.
"Plus" firmware already available for anyone? Or it's internal testing for chosen ones?
Or maybe for internal circle of believers :relaxed:
I was told it may become available soon? It has been refined and improved both in quality and ease-of-use by the day.

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #41,044 of 45,723
Checked history for the last few days, but can't find any info.
"Plus" firmware already available for anyone? Or it's internal testing for chosen ones?
Or maybe for internal circle of believers :ksc75smile:

Already mentioned that it will come soon, and that I will not share the testing version anymore until this is released for all.

So no, it's not just for "believers". :)

Thanks for understanding.

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #41,045 of 45,723
Sony S-MASTER is their own in house chip as we.know, I remember having read it is not quite a FPGA perse, . Irather, all in hardware level in wafer.
I don't.know if.iy is wise to believe that, I think is a fpga and I hope sont is almost finished brewing the next generation of the S-Master.

I theorize they will add support for 768kHz, DSD 512 and hopefully DSD trmaster engine (either another external FPGA or in-chip inside the S-Master)

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #41,047 of 45,723
I'm only joking. Waiting with patience.

I was looking to get you a card?

A0B91776-101F-4298-8F09-C27F5E08F7C4.jpeg

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #41,050 of 45,723
Hi everyone, I happened to have factory reset device. Now everything is Japanese language. I tried to use Google translate but no option to change language event reset again under sony guidance. Do I need to use region change to change language?
Thanks

Yes, change region to something else except J, restart, and you'll be able to change the language.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #41,051 of 45,723
A few more dumb new-owner questions that I can't seem to find the answers to...

Is there any charging option for directly plugging into the wall with a wall wart, etc? I have the Walkman USB cable plugged into my clamshell laptop for 4 hours... however my laptop is being powered from my monitor USB-C, so I believe that when the monitor went to sleep there wasn't enough power to charge the Walkman. Because after 4 hours, I had less battery available than when I started charging - even though I could see the charging progress meter in the battery icon on the Walkman.

So I am thinking for charging it would be better to plug directly into the wall - can I just use a standard iPad charging bloc to connect to the USB end of the Walkman cable?

One more question is - Is it possible to delete an entire album or artist from within the Walkman menu? I only see the delete option when a single song is selected. So if I want to delete a duplicate album on the Walkman I have to individually delete each of its songs.

Which leads me to the final question - to save time from the above option, I plugged the Walkman into my MacBook Pro and went to the "MUSIC" folder in the Walkman "drive" in the Finder. I deleted an entire duplicate artist, waited about 10 minutes then ejected the Walkman from within finder. But I went back into the Walkman menu and the duplicate was STILL there. So is it possible to edit/change/delete the contents of the MUSIC folder on the Walkman from within Mac Finder? Maybe I just didn't give it long enough before disconnecting.

Sorry for all the questions, there are quite a few pages in this post and searching within the thread wasn't yielding results.

Jul 18, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #41,052 of 45,723
1. You can use any USB charger. I've used iPhone, iPad and something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-RAVPower-Charging-Multiple-Compatible/dp/B00OQ19QYA/

2. Yes, but only when viewing Folders. Then you can select a folder to delete it and its contents.

3. Yes, I do it all the time for copying content from my Mac to the Sony. If you are using a microSD card I would eject it from the player and use a USB3 card reader for better performance.

Jul 18, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #41,053 of 45,723
A few more dumb new-owner questions that I can't seem to find the answers to...

Is there any charging option for directly plugging into the wall with a wall wart, etc? I have the Walkman USB cable plugged into my clamshell laptop for 4 hours... however my laptop is being powered from my monitor USB-C, so I believe that when the monitor went to sleep there wasn't enough power to charge the Walkman. Because after 4 hours, I had less battery available than when I started charging - even though I could see the charging progress meter in the battery icon on the Walkman.

So I am thinking for charging it would be better to plug directly into the wall - can I just use a standard iPad charging bloc to connect to the USB end of the Walkman cable?

One more question is - Is it possible to delete an entire album or artist from within the Walkman menu? I only see the delete option when a single song is selected. So if I want to delete a duplicate album on the Walkman I have to individually delete each of its songs.

Which leads me to the final question - to save time from the above option, I plugged the Walkman into my MacBook Pro and went to the "MUSIC" folder in the Walkman "drive" in the Finder. I deleted an entire duplicate artist, waited about 10 minutes then ejected the Walkman from within finder. But I went back into the Walkman menu and the duplicate was STILL there. So is it possible to edit/change/delete the contents of the MUSIC folder on the Walkman from within Mac Finder? Maybe I just didn't give it long enough before disconnecting.

Sorry for all the questions, there are quite a few pages in this post and searching within the thread wasn't yielding results.

You can charge from any usb charger.

You can only delete individual tracks on the player or a folder in folder view.

When you eject the player from the computer and removes the cable the player rebuilds the library and add/deleted tracks are updated in the library.

Just modifying a file on the player does not get recognized.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #41,054 of 45,723
Last night I listened to my SACD rip of this and was blown away:

On my WM1AZ+ Solaris 2020, ADV Custom Tips and DHC Clone Fusion balanced. If you aren't familiar with it "it may be considered the most influential of all live acoustic guitar albums". Three amazing masters at work.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #41,055 of 45,723
Last night I listened to my SACD rip of this and was blown away:

On my WM1AZ+ Solaris 2020, ADV Custom Tips and DHC Clone Fusion balanced. If you aren't familiar with it "it may be considered the most influential of all live acoustic guitar albums". Three amazing masters at work.

a surprisingly coherent guitar battle that spans roughly 42 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back