Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #37,036 of 45,723
May 4, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #37,037 of 45,723
LoL I came back to 3.0.2 and mx3 after done playing with all firmwares

May 4, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #37,039 of 45,723
What's so special about the mx3?

unburned wm1z/romi seems to like that haha

I found that vocals are more closer to me and instruments are behind. Also musical recordings like dsd files for example jazz at pawn shop or natural jazz sound more realistic and true to life, lets say closer to true to life sound perception...

I love U as it has the deepest sub bass hit.

J because its just very special no other region sound like it.

Mx3 is more balanced and better all arounder then U. I think U is good for edm :) J for more airy perception. I use pw1960 4wires and tia fourte noir iems. So my synergies are different

May 5, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #37,040 of 45,723
My favorite song at the moment, its so comfortable and soothing

Eason Chan - Soar

May 5, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #37,041 of 45,723
This is the same impression I got for this firmware, wish it has less bass
Actually, I have already flashed to the stock firmware before installing them as you said. This is my impression after all, I'm not sure how he came to that at first without flashing to stock. It could be that I have a modded unit, i remember the original 1a was a bit on brighter side so wm1a-z1 might be better for it though
Maybe it depend your gear. I think you should stay on wm1a-z1 at least 1 day to recognize the different thing. Or you can change region to orther region such as CN if you wish less bass. I am still on J region + Wm1A-z1 . It's really suitable for my taste. Try it for a long time. Hope you feel happy as me. Thanks

May 5, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #37,042 of 45,723
I'm back to Autumn +, I found this firmware to have more overall balance sound and this works so well for my modded unit
With my flavor, i don't like the autumn+, i'm so sorry about this. Maybe you can fell it seem very balance but if you stay on it for a long time. You recognize it very smooth and flat. It's easy to hear but also boring. It's miss the aggresive sound, the micro detail,..... I think you should try wm1az or wm1a-z1. Both of them are better than autumn+. I respect your taste but i think it will be better for you. Thanks and enjoy the music :)

May 5, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #37,043 of 45,723
Because it seems the tunings are cumulative and the new tunings are added to the previous. So that is why it's recommended to go back to stock by installing the official Sony firmware to clear out any additional tunings as the Sony installer formats the system partition. Thus giving you a fresh start to a custom tuning.

I can confirm this is true as I installed WM1A-Z which I liked. I then installed WM1A-Z1 which I didn't like. When I went back to WM1A-Z it didn't sound like I remembered. After doing a stock 3.02 install and then WM1A-Z. The sound was back to what I remembered for WM1A-Z.

In some way, yes, but when I had a similar issue, just applying the same tuning again worked.

Maybe you should try WM1A-Z1 again, after flashing to stock. :) I personally can't fully decide between the two, hehe

May 5, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #37,044 of 45,723
perfect with sony 😘
CDC5661F-01C0-45CB-9EC7-8F4A0DEF3DA4.jpeg

May 5, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #37,046 of 45,723
May 5, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #37,048 of 45,723
OK, so I have the WM1Z on order, and a pair of Z1R's too... And I'm working my way through this thread, currently on page 400... pfff! :disappointed_relieved:

I'm wondering whether to get a TA-Z1HE as well, but unsure if this would bring me anything on top of the WM1Z?

So the question, for those that have this setup, and I'm sure there are a few - is it worth splurging the extra money for the desktop amp - I read somewhere that it gives a more expansive experience??

Note that for casual listening I bought a pair of WH-1000MX3's, which pending the delivery of the 1Z I'm streaming with Apt-X from MacBook Pro and Audirvana, which sounds quite decent, if a little bit woolly. I note that over AAC from iPhone though, thy sound terrible.

May 5, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #37,049 of 45,723
With my flavor, i don't like the autumn+, i'm so sorry about this. Maybe you can fell it seem very balance but if you stay on it for a long time. You recognize it very smooth and flat. It's easy to hear but also boring. It's miss the aggresive sound, the micro detail,..... I think you should try wm1az or wm1a-z1. Both of them are better than autumn+. I respect your taste but i think it will be better for you. Thanks and enjoy the music :)
I have already tried both of them for entire day. My iem is not flat, neutral or boring. It’s funny that I flashed to Solis and found it also just fine, a balance sound that is less boring perhaps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back