Screenshot_20200502-014235__01__01.jpg
:)

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #36,902 of 45,723
May 2, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #36,903 of 45,723
May 2, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #36,905 of 45,723
EF31A323-7738-42AF-B360-2273863D0588.jpeg

May 2, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #36,906 of 45,723
Just gone from Autumn+ to WM1A-z1 and put on the new Circles Around the Sun Live album. The bass is insane.
I really like WM1A-z1. I feel it too much bass and slow. Then i installed stock 3.02 and move to WM1A-z1 again. I feel happy with it. Maybe the my old fw affect it. This is my fault. Everyone should install stock fw first and try wm1a-z1. Special thank to @morgenstern09. Enjoy!

May 2, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #36,908 of 45,723
One thing i wish they implement on the OS is The album titles Fonts to have color-coding to easily guess if they're Hi-res
* MP3/AAC -lossy (faded grey kind of like disabled grayed-out list item)
* 16-bit 44.1/48 White
* 24-bit 44.1/48 to 88.2/96 Silver
* 24-bit 176.4/192 to 352.8/384 Bronze, copper
*DSD Gold (or DSD icon, then 176.4/192 bronze copper, 352.8/384 Gold)

I don't know if the charging LED is red, because if it is a RGB-LED they could do a LED color code for this of sample rate-telling feature. Chord electronics does this on their line up like Mojo and Hugo

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #36,909 of 45,723
I really like WM1A-z1. I feel it too much bass and slow. Then i installed stock 3.02 and move to WM1A-z1 again. I feel happy with it. Maybe the my old fw affect it. This is my fault. Everyone should install stock fw first and try wm1a-z1. Special thank to @morgenstern09. Enjoy!

Interesting, I also thought I heard something similar to what you describe, some time ago.

Will do some tests in order to find the best way to do this. I wouldn't want to include the stock 3.02 .UPG unless really necessary.

May 2, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #36,910 of 45,723
Interesting, I also thought I heard something similar to what you describe, some time ago.

Will do some tests in order to find the best way to do this. I wouldn't want to include the stock 3.02 .UPG unless really necessary.
I also noticed changing through regions resets the firmware to its original tuning.

May 2, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #36,911 of 45,723
i have the original port of DMP-Z1 V1.02 my favorite so far

That was also my favorite before!

However, WM1Az, WM1A-z1 are better alternatives now, at least for me. I would say they are evolved versions of the DMP-Z1 1.02 port.

I also consider them better than Autumn+, though I didn't use it in some time already, as the new ones are just awesome.

May 2, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #36,912 of 45,723

Thanks for your help. Let me know when you release a new fw. I'll try and feedback as soon as possible. Now i am very happy with your fw. Thanks again. Have a nice day :)

May 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #36,914 of 45,723
Thanks for your help. Let me know when you release a new fw. I'll try and feedback as soon as possible. Now i am very happy with your fw. Thanks again. Have a nice day :)

It indeed seems to have an effect, however I'm still not sure about the exact circumstances in which this can occurr.

Just to be on the safe side, I added a recommendation to all of my posts that if you had any tunings applied before, to flash stock 3.02 first (also added a download link to the stock 3.02).

Thinking about what RobertP was also saying, I remember a weird situation when I applied a certain tuning but it didn't sound as good as I remembered. So, as debugging mode was turned on in my head for a moment, I applied the same tuning again, and then it sounded as I remembered.

The thing that the 1.02 UPG is not flashed (not even partially, this just can't work anyway, as this is not how the upgrade process works) is pretty much a fact, and I still stand by it. The thing that something can stick around between applying different tunings makes more sense.

Pleas tell me why Upgrade a mod FW can effect to sound of WM1A?
I think it based from hardware.
And what exactly you changed in those fw?
I tested on my WM1A + IER Z1R but nothing big changes?

Because the WM1A/WM1Z seems to use an FPGA that does some processing to the sound in some way.

Proof of that is how using different regions can slightly alter the sound signature.

You can find instructions on how to change your region/destination, on this page (click).

The ones I posted are not basically firmware mods, we're just calling different tunings in different ways, tunings that are already inside the firmware, hence how it can sound slightly different when changing the region/destination.

Also, not everyone listens to sounds in the same way, I even noticed this with friends in real life. Someone who was using some Bose QC35 II found no difference between those and some Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro, which had a very clear/precise sound in all ranges, with a clearly expanded soundstage.

Some people will listen to the sound as a whole, while some people seem to focus more on lyrics, for example. For them, lyrics have a bigger emotional impact than the song as a whole. I knew people who couldn't listen to music that had no lyrics, and for me it makes no sense, as lyrics are not that important for me. But I learned to accept it, as each one of us are different.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #36,915 of 45,723
It indeed seems to have an effect, however I'm still not sure about the exact circumstances in which this can occurr.

Just to be on the safe side, I added a recommendation to all of my posts that if you had any tunings applied before, to flash stock 3.02 first (also added a download link to the stock 3.02).

Thinking about what RobertP was also saying, I remember a weird situation when I applied a certain tuning but it didn't sound as good as I remembered. So, as debugging mode was turned on in my head for a moment, I applied the same tuning again, and then it sounded as I remembered.

The thing that the 1.02 UPG is not flashed (not even partially, this just can't work anyway, as this is not how the upgrade process works) is pretty much a fact, and I still stand by it. The thing that something can stick around between applying different tunings makes more sense.
Yeah, i don't think it affect because i have changed too many fw. Untill this morning, I accidentally chose the wrong stock fw. I must reinstall and i don't believe it. I reinstalled it again. I recognize that the change is too different. I don't understand it but i trust that my experience is real and i learn to accept it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back