SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #36,796 of 45,723
Sorry for asking but I kept forgetting..
So I need to write in down somewhere.
after each of these steps :
region change - just restart the player
fw update - Reset all settings or Restore to factory configuration

Am I right ?

Region change - just restart
Fw update - nothing needed here, the player basically restarts itself and there's no need to reset the settings.

If you ever decide to flash an older firmware, like 1.20 for example, you would have to use the Rebuild database option, but that's all.

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #36,799 of 45,723
Sorry for asking but I kept forgetting..
So I need to write in down somewhere.
after each of these steps :
region change - just restart the player
fw update - Reset all settings or Restore to factory configuration

Am I right ?
region change - just rebuild database or restart the player for full effect but you can hear it after database rebuild
(fw update - Reset all settings or Restore to factory configuration) NOT NECESARY neither

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #36,802 of 45,723
I have tried the three grand transformations for the wm1A

Autum+ is like a Solis with fixed bass resonances (exhoing) but treble can be in some songs way too much
Wm1AZ and WM1AZ1 both displayed the same resonances in bass as solis, back to DMP-Z1 1.02

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #36,803 of 45,723
this (for me) is album/discovery of the year so far

the bet thing about internet , you can go back in time and discover hidden/lost gems

this is one of them.

Fans of trippy ambient , you are in for a treat (and the 2-cd 2015 reissue with an extra hour of music is fantastic)

If anyone wants the FLAC files , pm me and we'll see what we can do....

https://www.discogs.com/Älien-Mutation-vs-Îndigo-Egg-Microcosmacrocosm/release/114742

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #36,804 of 45,723
Concerto firmware is up! Completely new written tune. Works for 1A at the moment. >> Here

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #36,807 of 45,723
you have any descriptions about its sound signature? and the differences between the three?
Both Classical and Concerto are aiming for life-like instruments. Classical has more holographic 3D, depth, larger stage. Concerto will focus more on solo instrument piece. More intimate tone, anology and energy.
Vinyl firmware is an attempt for more anolog tone for all type of genre records.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #36,809 of 45,723
So with changing the FW is it best to have direct mode on? I’m not sure if I’m hearing any difference in them except for the solris
Yes, it’s recommended to try all the new firmwares with direct mode on to immediately notice the differences in the sound tuning. After which you can turn on any DSP that you like and the effect will be even more pronounced than before. I personally have always listened to my WM1A with direct sound on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back