SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #36,391 of 45,723
SO wich stock FW is the chosen for autumn+ and wich preferable Region J right?
I would recommend 3.02 on J region with Autumn+. To me nothing sounds better than this combo. Believe me I have tried all regions and stock firmwares as well as mod firmwares. Autumn+ is in a class of its own. Sheer warmth, exceptional musical flavour, the deepest bass you can imagine and the smoothest highs I have ever heard. Vocals are sublime and sound stage is unbelievable. For all those who have not heard it and are doubting what this firmware can do, stop ranting up the tree and listen to it. Bro @morgenstern09 has painstakingly tuned this for all of us with perfection after so many iterations of firmwares which I personally helped to test as well and the best part is it’s free and just takes 30 seconds to hear the difference. Take that step, you won’t regret it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #36,392 of 45,723
SO wich stock FW is the chosen for autumn+ and wich preferable Region J right?

I use 3.02 and J, but you can run it against 3.0, 3.01 and 3.02

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #36,393 of 45,723
It since to be better adjusted for J 3.02 I tested in 3.00 was not the same.. it varies a lot between each FW it ill be aweosme to make a chart on this new FW.. I can confirm ITS very smoth! on 3.02 and very diferent from planetary editions.. wich i was listening a few days ago.. i like better this gain levels are more forgiving on my 1A stock! staging feels special right from the start... will try other variations

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #36,394 of 45,723
I really don't get this? Why don't you just equalize to your preference and have full control without adventurous custom firmwares?
The issue is typically with your headphones/IEMs and not source. How can a source be harsh if its main purpose to reproduce the sound as linear as possible.

Your right there can be an issue with the headphones. But audiophiles can be paranoid of EQ causing distortions; or unbalances. It’s kind of a feel-good thing to have modded firmware be fantastic out of the box. It’s a feeling of stuff being more pure.

Also after spending time with the different firmwares they can be better than what you can simply do with EQ. Meaning there is an introduction of staging/imaging elements which just can’t be accomplished with past stock firmware and/or EQ. So in the end it’s an advancement.

Many of us don’t know and question why the included firmware couldn’t just simply be better. Your right with millions in assets for research and development; where is the development. We don’t know?

It’s not that the new mod firmwares are always perfect. But what they are is a way to get closer to what we subjectively hear as perfect. So you can look at it like a tailor made suit. They offer so many choices that the end result simply ends on a more personal experience.

It’s all subjective anyway. But the Sony included firmwares are amazing. 3.02 with the 1Z is still spectacular in my use. What we question is if the tuning technology actually went maybe farther with DMP-Z1 firmware? That there is a chance that the DMP-Z1 software can result in a better listening experience with the Walkmans. The only one thing I am 100% certain of is the Walkman 1A is way better.

Remember too, everyone is going to have different outcomes due to soundsignature preferences and equipment differences.

We are always dealing with trying to get synergy. Maybe some frequencies of a certain firmware are going to compensate for what we hear as inadequacies in an IEM. It’s really just extra choices in the end.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #36,395 of 45,723
I can confirm Autumn+ can retrieve much more detail than 3.00 (specially In CN) wich for me was the best so far... and with similar staging... , but I wish gain was a tad lower only that... maybe at the expense of resolution? its really a well maded Tuning maybe autum its like that dont know if anyone else agrees on that i mean Autum since to pull out less resolution than its + counterpart winter its also very good indeed it takes bass to a hole new meaning of the depth word.. (use E) for a better experience

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #36,397 of 45,723
Hi can some one please help me understanding why does this daft punk vinyl rip sound so incredible I just cant comprehend this. Its beyond me. When I listen to this album plus its a rip I am simply thorn away from reality its so beautiful so warm gentle just sublime. I havent heard nothing a like and would really want to seek deeper into this as maybe I will start buying vinyls and rip them into dsd. This is just mind blowing its the supreme best sound quality ever possible, vinyl and dsd in conjunction doing this?

I am listening to all this on zx507 lol I am crazy, I lost my mind and thinking....

https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4924863

Specter analysis, this is going so high up to 75khz !!!

1587098346614.png

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #36,398 of 45,723
I would recommend 3.02 on J region with Autumn+. To me nothing sounds better than this combo. Believe me I have tried all regions and stock firmwares as well as mod firmwares. Autumn+ is in a class of its own. Sheer warmth, exceptional musical flavour, the deepest bass you can imagine and the smoothest highs I have ever heard. Vocals are sublime and sound stage is unbelievable. For all those who have not heard it and are doubting what this firmware can do, stop ranting up the tree and listen to it. Bro @morgenstern09 has painstakingly tuned this for all of us with perfection after so many iterations of firmwares which I personally helped to test as well and the best part is it’s free and just takes 30 seconds to hear the difference. Take that step, you won’t regret it.

Agree. Coming from Solis 3.02 set in J region, I see Authum+ as a step ahead for my stock 1Z. To my ears, it was like adding soul on top of Solis technicalities. Users with DAPS in upper tiers would probably welcome this version even more than me, in my opinion. :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #36,399 of 45,723
Try to do sound tuning for my WM1A J. If anyone want to try >> Here
Require stock fw 3.02!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #36,400 of 45,723
Agree. Coming from Solis 3.02 set in J region, I see Authum+ as a step ahead for my stock 1Z. To my ears, it was like adding soul on top of Solis technicalities. Users with DAPS in upper tiers would probably welcome this version even more than me, in my opinion. :beerchug:

Im looking to get another dap , may i know what is consider upper tier comparing to 1Z that will be able to use this authum+ tuning ?
Tia

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #36,401 of 45,723
Try to do sound tuning for my WM1A J. If anyone want to try >> Here
Require stock fw 3.02!
Hmm. What kind of sound can we expect from this? Any sound summary?

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #36,402 of 45,723
Im looking to get another dap , may i know what is consider upper tier comparing to 1Z that will be able to use this authum+ tuning ?
Tia
These firmwares only work for 1A, 1Z and ZX300.

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #36,405 of 45,723
Precisely ! I was referring to that post abt upper tier benefitting more from this tuning then his 1Z .
Thought ive miss out on a newer model
I was just referring to people that get their 1A, 1Z and ZX300 modded with different caps, cables etc.. In this thread, those DAPs are considered to be in "higher tiers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back