SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #36,421 of 45,723
Perfect timing to own a WM1Z. I am on stock 1Z, FW 3.02, J Region trying Autumn+ I never thought I would ever say that but this morning while listening to my old collection I happened to hear things I have never heard before. First of all I want to thank @Whitigir and @Morbideath for getting this thing started and for creating the planets and Solis is my favorite of all. Secondly thumbs up to you guys @morgenstern09 and @aceedburn for creating the seasons as Autumn+ is my favorite of all. Now I have two favorites, I am enjoying both worlds season and planet. Ain't nothing like it. This is fun. Keep it going guys maybe someday together we will achieve perfection. You guys make me love my WM1Z more.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #36,422 of 45,723
Perfect timing to own a WM1Z. I am on stock 1Z, FW 3.02, J Region trying Autumn+ I never thought I would ever say that but this morning while listening to my old collection I happened to hear things I have never heard before. First of all I want to thank @Whitigir and @Morbideath for getting this thing started and for creating the planets and Solis is my favorite of all. Secondly thumbs up to you guys @morgenstern09 and @aceedburn for creating the seasons as Autumn+ is my favorite of all. Now I have two favorites, I am enjoying both worlds season and planet. Ain't nothing like it. This is fun. Keep it going guys maybe someday together we will achieve perfection. You guys make me love my WM1Z more.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm also grateful for Whitigir and Morbideath for starting this thing here.

However, I feel the need to mention that this was achieved without any kind of help or knowledge sharing from their side. I just want to make this clear.

Also thanks again to aceedburn for testing different tunings until this was achieved! :)

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #36,423 of 45,723
Tried the fws but m back on DMP-Z1
15871315361293040898930886075416.jpg

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #36,424 of 45,723
@morgenstern09 and @aceedburn thank you so much for yet another wonderful set of fw mods :D. Currently at autumn+ on MX3 3.01. When i tried this combo last night i wasn't that impressed. Thought the vocals sounded too forced (splashy at times) so i rolled back to my previous combo (Solis 3.01 on E2). A day passed and was curious about the seasons again so i changed the cable on my atlas to stock and changed the tips to spiral dots and voila! Magic. Sounded very refreshing, musical, soundstage is not what i would call the widest but because of the added sparkle made things surreal. A few songs later when andrea bocelli came up and subconsciously i started singing lol! Same thing happened to Michael Buble's La vie en rose! The fw squeezes resolution at a very impressive feat but its never rough!20200417_181353.jpg20200417_181410.jpg
hey I helped on this decition lol

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #36,425 of 45,723
I wish you had the wm1z so those firmwares would be perfected for 1z but I guess its time for the 1a lovers to enjoy :)
I have 1 friend who tried your firmwares on wm1z, he said its very beautiful, he used autumn + and with this firmware he could see all the musicality and the spectrum of the colors of the music hue :) He loved it and was very happy and thankfull for your work @morgenstern09 .

I already mentioned in the main post for Autumn+ that it was tuned with 3.02 and J region.

This also applies for the other Seasons.

The tuning for Autumn+ already started from the idea of DMP-Z1 (especially the idea that the sound stage can be improved), so there would be no point chasing something that's already here. :)

Tried the fws but m back on DMP-Z1

hmmmmm I guess its the flac being problematic here hmm hmmm :upside_down: :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::ghost:

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #36,426 of 45,723
I wish you had the wm1z so those firmwares would be perfected for 1z but I guess its time for the 1a lovers to enjoy :)
I have 1 friend who tried your firmwares on wm1z, he said its very beautiful, he used autumn + and with this firmware he could see all the musicality and the spectrum of the colors of the music hue :) He loved it and was very happy and thankfull for your work @morgenstern09 .

hmmmmm I guess its the flac being problematic here hmm hmmm :upside_down: :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::ghost:
I try my 1A fw on 1Z and it didn't sound right at all. I should have fw for 1Z in a day or two.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #36,427 of 45,723
Hi can some one please help me understanding why does this daft punk vinyl rip sound so incredible I just cant comprehend this. Its beyond me. When I listen to this album plus its a rip I am simply thorn away from reality its so beautiful so warm gentle just sublime. I havent heard nothing a like and would really want to seek deeper into this as maybe I will start buying vinyls and rip them into dsd. This is just mind blowing its the supreme best sound quality ever possible, vinyl and dsd in conjunction doing this?

I am listening to all this on zx507 lol I am crazy, I lost my mind and thinking....

https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4924863

Specter analysis, this is going so high up to 75khz !!!

1587098346614.png

If you think that one vinyl to DSD conversion sounds good, wait to hear this one:

:)

https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5548967

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #36,428 of 45,723
tried autumn+ on my stock E region 1Z, and while the soundstage is unbelievably wide and deep (quite literally), I found the bass is lacking a bit in slam and impact, but beautifully textured. I think I‘m gonna go back to Ultimate 1.02 since it does have more bass slam. Maybe I should try autumn+ with J, but I don’t have windows pc/laptop so cannot run rockbox.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #36,429 of 45,723
tried autumn+ on my stock E region 1Z, and while the soundstage is unbelievably wide and deep (quite literally), I found the bass is lacking a bit in slam and impact, but beautifully textured. I think I‘m gonna go back to Ultimate 1.02 since it does have more bass slam. Maybe I should try autumn+ with J, but I don’t have windows pc/laptop so cannot run rockbox.
Winter is similar to Autumn but with deeper and stronger bass. May worth a try.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #36,430 of 45,723
Apr 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #36,431 of 45,723
Apr 17, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #36,433 of 45,723

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back