SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #36,436 of 45,723
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #36,438 of 45,723
Yes I also tried to mount it with daemon tools and no go, its a sacd but I guess maybe created with a different type of program?

Right, missed the "iso2dsd" on my phone.

Try mounting it in Windows, it may truly not be a SACD image (right click on the ISO and click "Mount").
Ahhh sorry I didn’t think of that. I can read ISOs. I will find a way to unpack it and message you once I find it!

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #36,440 of 45,723
Spring on 3.01 with E2 region.... I'm just speechless.... Super detailed, ridiculously high resolution but really smooth and handles bass so good?! It even made my atlas sound bright, not v shaped but just bright!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #36,441 of 45,723
@DatDudeNic i also like Spring very much , i suggest you also try it with 3.02 and J region which is a more lean/flat sounding FW

The bass hits nicely and the sound seems more full/musical than stock FWs

I need to also try Summer/Winter/AUtumn+, but we 'll have time for those so no stress

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #36,442 of 45,723
I am resting with Summer for my 1Z so I can own the best of both worlds. Autumn+ provides an organic, rich mid with deep bass and silky high to my modded 1A, while Summer gives me huge soundstage and resolution, more neutral presentation to my warmer 1Z.

Did not expect it but after longer listening also found Spring+ Summer to go very well with a stock 1Z(3.02). Switch to U region and you get back very deep bass rumble also +more organic feel!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #36,445 of 45,723
@Vitaly2017 If I get SACD iso I use this SACDISOS2EMFLAC tool to extract DSD.

The Weiss saracon produces 24/96 FLAC with pretty bad result, lack of details and finesse, distorted highs. That's why I stood using it and I quit the SACDISOS2EMFLAC before the foobar DR finishes.

If I get physical SACDi rip them with a pioneer BDP-170

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #36,446 of 45,723
Player: 1Z stock
Region: J
Tuning: Autumn+ U Direct
IEM: Campfire Solaris SE with ADV Eartune Fidelity custom tips
Cable: DHC Clone Silver balanced

Previous Tuning: I was testing Summer and Winter before I loaded Autumn+ last night. Before that I tried Solis T5 and the Clone Silver is too much for that tuning. I appreciate the amount of information it relayed, but the Clone Silver presented all of it. So the bass was light and the highs were harsh. It also made the soundstage sound unnatural and introduced weird echos in some vocals. I ended up going back to Jupiter T3 as it was more balanced.

Autumn+ U: WOW!!! @morgenstern09 what deal did you make with the devil to come up with this tuning? This is so far my favorite. It's so immersive and enveloping. With the previous tunings I felt like I was standing in front of the musicians. Now I feel like I'm right in the middle of them.

The sound is clean with detailed bass that goes as deep as is recorded. The highs are now much more refined with just a hint of harshness that is most likely present in the original recording. Autumn+ also fixed some imaging issues that I was hearing in some recordings. For example, Crosby, Stills and Nash Helplessly Hoping FLAC 24/96. In this track Stephen Stills vocals are right in the middle but can get lost in the different tunings. Now I can clearly hear him in the center, Graham Nash on my right and David Crosby on my left who in other tunings could be too pronounced compared to the other two. Another example is Tool Chocolate Chip Trip 24/96. When I sit with my eyes closed I can see in my mind each drum he's striking all around me. Another example of amazing imaging is The Who Live at Leeds FLAC 24/96. You can clearly hear and see in your mind John Entwistle on your left, Roger Daltrey and Keith Moon in the center and Pete Townshend on your right. Check out the last two tracks, My Generation and Magic Bus and sit back and enjoy the concert :relaxed:

Another thing that I look for is how natural sounding is acoustic instruments, drums, pianos and guitars. With good recording/mastering they sound so realistic. Examples of this are the Steve Wilson remixes of the first three Yes albums in FLAC 24/96. This is evident in Starship Trooper and Perpetual Change from the Yes Album and Heart of the Sunrise from Fragile. Then on Close to the Edge in the opening it sounded like I was in the middle of the forest with the babbling stream and birds all around me.

Hats off and virtual toast to @Whitigir and @Morbideath for starting us on this tuning journey and @morgenstern09 for taking it to the next level.

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #36,447 of 45,723
Cycled through a bunch of regions & FW today, settled back on J with Sony 3.02, works well across all my IEM's and that's all I want.
600x600bb.jpg

Q-6

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #36,448 of 45,723
@Queen6 that Leiner album, is some deep ambient pick you got there bro

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #36,449 of 45,723
@Queen6 that Leiner album, is some deep ambient pick you got there bro

Yeah is one that can take you away to a different place, dark & deep. Just on FLAC, add in Sony DSP and Boom...

Q-6

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #36,450 of 45,723
Cycled through a bunch of regions & FW today, settled back on J with Sony 3.02, works well across all my IEM's and that's all I want.
600x600bb.jpg

Q-6
I agree, I've been through most if not all FW over the last few weeks and recently tried the new ones. I was on Solis for the longest (probably because it was closest to stock 3.02) but in the end found stock 3.02 J region is just the best all round for me on a stock 1z with Z1r and Solaris IEMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back