SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #36,046 of 45,723
Sorry, a couple more questions (for anyone):

1) Is Solis 3.01 suitable for use with an unmodded WM1Z? Or should I stick with Jupiter 3.01?
I'd read that WM1Z is equivalent to a modded WM1A, but I'm not sure what Tier of FW is appropriate to use with an unmodded WM1Z. Anyone know?

2) does anyone have any impressions of Solis 3.01 vs Jupiter 3.01?
I've only read a post from Whitigir with a general description of '3.01', which didn't specify which planet/sun it was talking about :)
I have a stock WM1Z and WM1A and found that Solis can be too much depending on the IEM and cable combo.

My main IEM cable combo for the 1Z is the Campfire Solaris SE and DHC Clone Silver. I did change the region to J from E as I have the remote for the 1Z and it only works with region J or E. Also it seems that region J is warmer than E which is good for me as I prefer a warm analog sound.

After a week I moved from Solis T5 3.02 to Jupiter T3 3.02 as the DHC Clone Silver is such a resolving cable that it sounded unnatural. Too dry and analytical for my tastes. I also heard a weird echo effect with some vocal and other high frequency. When I get a chance I should try 3.01 Jupiter and Solis. But do't know when that will be. Too many projects.

So depending on what type of sound you like warm analog or analytical and the IEM cable combo you are using will dictate which tier is best. The only solution is try them all.

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #36,047 of 45,723
Dark album, Tool - Undertow
Undertow.png
To better days for all. An album one can easily get lost in deeply so....

Q-6

You can replace that album with any Tool album and say the same. Although Lateralus and Fear Inoculum are my favorites. Time to flip a coin and see which one I’m going to get lost in tonight.

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #36,048 of 45,723
You can replace that album with any Tool album and say the same. Although Lateralus and Fear Inoculum are my favorites. Time to flip a coin and see which one I’m going to get lost in tonight.
Agree they are their 2 best albums.

I'm also glad that their whole catalog (except for Salival) are now available in HiRes.

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #36,049 of 45,723
Agree they are their 2 best albums.

I'm also glad that their whole catalog (except for Salival) are now available in HiRes.

their best album is aenima , hands down - they went interstellar there

lateralus is great , but aenima is like eating LSD

Experience.

Apr 9, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #36,050 of 45,723
their best album is aenima , hands down - they went interstellar there

lateralus is great , but aenima is like eating LSD

Experience.
I could do without the following tracks:
"Useful Idiot", "Message to Harry Manback", "Die Eier von Satan" and "Cesaro Summability" on Ænima.
"Litanie contre la peur", "Legion Inoculant" and "Mockingbeat" on Fear Inoculum.
"Disgustipated" on Undertow
"Faaip de Oiad" on Lateralus
"Viginti Tres" on 10,000 Days

Other than those tracks the rest of their albums are great. Superb musicianship and interesting complex music.

I can hear the influence King Crimson has had on them.

Apr 9, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #36,051 of 45,723
Completely agree with that. Complete discography is a thrill.
But clearly for me Fear Inoculum takes it to another meditation level :heart_eyes:
Took me some time to nail it, but what an astonishing album :flushed:

Apr 9, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #36,052 of 45,723
I could do without the following tracks:
"Useful Idiot", "Message to Harry Manback", "Die Eier von Satan" and "Cesaro Summability" on Ænima.
"Litanie contre la peur", "Legion Inoculant" and "Mockingbeat" on Fear Inoculum.
"Disgustipated" on Undertow
"Faaip de Oiad" on Lateralus
"Viginti Tres" on 10,000 Days

Other than those tracks the rest of their albums are great. Superb musicianship and interesting complex music.

I can hear the influence King Crimson has had on them.

the segues on aemima are genius , imo - gives a more trippy atmosphere to the album

regarding KC , there is a great video of Danny Carey talking about Discipline (KC album) and how much it has inluenced him.....

Apr 9, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #36,055 of 45,723
Apr 9, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #36,057 of 45,723
Apr 9, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #36,058 of 45,723
I would say it's a logical thing that you can send the device to a Sony authorized service to replace your battery.

Otherwise, maybe someone can point you to a third-party service, which may mean sending your device out of the country, for example.

Apr 10, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #36,060 of 45,723
6C4E4272-4A83-45CD-8911-555E93A2F7CC.jpeg

My first Walkman before the Tape Sports Walkman around 1991. The Watchman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back