SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #33,766 of 45,723
Pitches and Tempo accuracy are like this. In real life...I will ask 2 different Guitarist to play the same Guitars and the same Short Play. Most of the time You will be able to tell the differences.

When record it to analog systems. This is a little harder to tell but still

When recorded into digital systems...they are much harder to tell...that is why Digital music still has a long way to go in both algorithms and hardware

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #33,767 of 45,723
WM-1A(U)/Z(U)

U for Universe for future expansion if there are more mods to add on lol~

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #33,768 of 45,723
Well a cable it self not enough?

Not to my knowledge as it is the coils and drivers in the headphone that produces the load. iBasso actually delivered a burn in dongle with the DX50 and DX90 which had some resistors in the dongle to simulate the headphone load

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #33,770 of 45,723
I have observed that too in my wm1a in some fw the music speed varies you arent crazy
Varying can be either good or bad. If it’s heading towards more precision as Whitigir preaches, it’s unexpectedly good for us.
Technically I think the higher Tier, the more substantial this speed varying could be felt.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #33,771 of 45,723
Varying can be either good or bad. If it’s heading towards more precision as Whitigir preaches, it’s unexpectedly good for us.
Technically I think the higher Tier, the more substantial this speed varying could be felt.
I think you’re right, the goal is for the listeners to hear faithfully the whole music as it was intended, not as interpreted by the systems/ daps( Since most have certain deficiencies to do that; whether they be lacking in areas such as pitch, tempo, speed etc etc)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #33,772 of 45,723
Honestly, nothing is perfect in this universe. Perfection is “Nonexistent”. Then Reality is one own perceptions and how one interpret the information.

Reproductions, once human is trying to reproduce something it is already “Artificial”. What matters is how one is enjoying it.

Yes, technically I can say that and tell you that the higher the Tier of my mod Firmwares, the more precision that it should be. You can observe better resolutions and fidelity.

But it will all come down to what I just stated above ? What are your reality and how are you perceiving it ? Then after all, the musics we have are artificial regardless of digital or analog...some are too old to perform...some artists have passed away and we are enjoying a ghost....or so ???

So, whatever bring you the most enjoyable moment, the better right ? Could be Solis, could be Mecury, or could be AK or Fiio...doesn’t matter :)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #33,773 of 45,723
Well its clear that sony didnt nail it going that rout as CA didnt appeal me as J+ j3zu )

Across all regions and stock fw the best one is definitely Japan none other. While I did love CA but I realized its best for edm music but the rest was not very top notch. While the Japan region has best tuning across the board in all genras...

So sony gota do a different approach and make it 1 tuning for all

Yes, agree with your finding.... J +J3ZU, indeed provide very pleasant sound signature.... at least with my MDR-Z1R + Sony Kimbler cable.
Those who has these hardware combination, strongly recommended to try with this J +J3ZU....

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #33,774 of 45,723
Guys I am loading the solis5zu for the first time!

My intersteral propolsutory space warp engines are preheated and ready to burst into the unknow of the deepest of the universe...!

Here we go I see on the otherside Guys !

HaHaHa

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #33,775 of 45,723
So we can safely say sound change by software can be programmable but not measureable.
Those who measure sound only measure up to certain degree of sound but not whole aspect of it.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #33,776 of 45,723
Honestly, nothing is perfect in this universe. Perfection is “Nonexistent”. Then Reality is one own perceptions and how one interpret the information.

Reproductions, once human is trying to reproduce something it is already “Artificial”. What matters is how one is enjoying it.

Yes, technically I can say that and tell you that the higher the Tier of my mod Firmwares, the more precision that it should be. You can observe better resolutions and fidelity.

But it will all come down to what I just stated above ? What are your reality and how are you perceiving it ? Then after all, the musics we have are artificial regardless of digital or analog...some are too old to perform...some artists have passed away and we are enjoying a ghost....or so ???

So, whatever bring you the most enjoyable moment, the better right ? Could be Solis, could be Mecury, or could be AK or Fiio...doesn’t matter :)
i didnt ment your FW maked music faster I say I have heard my 1A to process music at a diferent speed under some fw config... so if somewone has heard the same its ok

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #33,777 of 45,723
So we can safely say sound change by software can be programmable but not measureable.
Those who measure sound only measure up to certain degree of sound but not whole aspect of it.
They should be measurable ...it needs the “know how’s” which is out of my field.

All I know is that even gravity waves is now measurable, which took so long to have a genius to find the right way. He is also an audiophile btw

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #33,778 of 45,723
Hmmm while I was already in 80% warp mode I hit a big stargazer cloud! It have disrupted my warp and while I was going threw that dusty foggy star cloud.

The J3ZU made it clear he aint willing to give up and I felt like J3ZU was more my type. Very fast nice black background and crisp delightful sparkly treble in very beautiful musical sound transitions with nice bass that has perfect attack.

I feel like J3ZU is my end game...

Solis5 dont have enough agression to my taste and no treble sparkle but bass was really impressive with a nice long big decay...
I'd say if you make it just a bit more sparkly tighter bass with slightly faster decay.
Solis5zu could be a doomsday Fw!

I am sorry but J3zu is extremely special in my perception and I think it has more wow and impressions to offer

Oh and forgot to mention I think solis5 slightly has less soundstage then j3zu.

Hope you guys not mad at me but thats what I feel

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #33,779 of 45,723
Hmmm while I was already in 80% warp mode I hit a big stargazer cloud! It have disrupted my warp and while I was going threw that dusty foggy star cloud.

The J3ZU made it clear he aint willing to give up and I felt like J3ZU was more my type. Very fast nice black background and crisp delightful sparkly treble in very beautiful musical sound transitions with nice bass that has perfect attack.

I feel like J3ZU is my end game...

Solis5 dont have enough agression to my taste and no treble sparkle but bass was really impressive with a nice long big decay...
I'd say if you make it just a bit more sparkly tighter bass with slightly faster decay.
Solis5zu could be a doomsday Fw!

I am sorry but J3zu is extremely special in my perception and I think it has more wow and impressions to offer

Oh and forgot to mention I think solis5 slightly has less soundstage then j3zu.

Hope you guys not mad at me but thats what I feel
Why would we be mad ? It is all within our expectations. If we were to be mad because of your choices, you wouldn’t have all these choices :wink:

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #33,780 of 45,723
J3zu + J region

20200307_220939.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back