SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #27,436 of 45,723
and how do i go about that? I can't seem to find it the Batch Processing option unless if it's called something else

Any operation you do with the tool buttons in the tool bar can operate on all selected files in the list of files so if you select your music root folder it will include all your music files and if you then use the Embed cover art from file tool it will embed the cover.jpg or what ever you call it folder by folder in the music files in each folder all in one operation

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #27,439 of 45,723

It's a 4.4 balanced Eidolic plug for the Sony and a 3.5 balanced Eidolic plug at the other end that will fit into the PM-3 recess. The one I have was his first for the PM-3 running balanced with the 4.4mm connector. It's a standard choice now. Double Helix Cables https://doublehelixcables.com can make just anything you want via the drop-down customization menus. And there's no oxidation or color change with the cable. Nothing like that has ever been reported for his cables!

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #27,440 of 45,723
Any operation you do with the tool buttons in the tool bar can operate on all selected files in the list of files so if you select your music root folder it will include all your music files and if you then use the Embed cover art from file tool it will embed the cover.jpg or what ever you call it folder by folder in the music files in each folder all in one operation
It sure isn't doing that for me.. It basically only takes the album on the very top of the list.

The way I do it
1) list the files
2) select all
3) tag sources
4) select either discogs or muzicbrai
5) search by box pops.. But only first album on the list it listed

Tried processing but stops after first album

If you're telling me to use the "wrench icon", that seems to be a Settings page...if that's still correct, i have no idea how to do it through this.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #27,441 of 45,723
It sure isn't doing that for me.. It basically only takes the album on the very top of the list.

The way I do it
1) list the files
2) select all
3) tag sources
4) select either discogs or muzicbrai
5) search by box pops.. But only first album on the list it listed

Tried processing but stops after first album

If you're telling me to use the "wrench icon", that seems to be a Settings page...if that's still correct, i have no idea how to do it through this.

I point the program to the root folder for all my music, select all files in the list and then use the Quick action Import cover from file which then goes through each folder of music files and embeds the cover.jpg file I have in the folder into each music file in the folder

2019-03-03_17-31-00.jpg

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #27,442 of 45,723
It's a 4.4 balanced Eidolic plug for the Sony and a 3.5 balanced Eidolic plug at the other end that will fit into the PM-3 recess. The one I have was his first for the PM-3 running balanced with the 4.4mm connector. It's a standard choice now. Double Helix Cables https://doublehelixcables.com can make just anything you want via the drop-down customization menus. And there's no oxidation or color change with the cable. Nothing like that has ever been reported for his cables!

I don't think anyone should be recommending Double Helix, unless you don't mind waiting till next year with no feedback whatsoever. Just look at the amount of complaints.

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #27,443 of 45,723

This one can connect to mojo and hugo
Hello
Just bought a Hugo 2 : where did you buy such a nice and short WM1Z dongle to micro USB cable ?

Mar 3, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #27,445 of 45,723
No.

Vinyl Processor “recreates the warm, rich playback of a record on a turntable.” And does a mighty fine job at it, least I think so.
I'm starting to like "Standard" Vinyl Processor a lot. It changes none hi-res files sound signature to much closer to DSD counter part. The negative think about this is distortion. Cymbals lost some details. Mid are not as airy.

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #27,446 of 45,723
No worries and no need to apologise, all good.

Yeah, I know what you mean re Sony liking to use proprietary connectors... I wish they use USB-C instead of their Data Sync cable for connection...

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #27,447 of 45,723
Cool, and thanks JML, I'll look further into this.

In the meantime, I will have to offload the MUC-S12SB1 balanced cable first...

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #27,448 of 45,723
Cool, and thanks JML, I'll look further into this.

In the meantime, I will have to offload the MUC-S12SB1 balanced cable first...

You should be able to return it?
There are many aftermarket cable makers out there, very wide price range and keep in mind some have multiple weeks of lead time.
I made a list for myself recently, and shared it in a post.

The last one I order from LQi Cable, they were super fast, less than a week between the order and the delivery (I pick custom color and terminations, one being 4.4 pentaconn for the WM1).

Good luck!

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #27,450 of 45,723
You should be able to return it?
There are many aftermarket cable makers out there, very wide price range and keep in mind some have multiple weeks of lead time.
I made a list for myself recently, and shared it in a post.

The last one I order from LQi Cable, they were super fast, less than a week between the order and the delivery (I pick custom color and terminations, one being 4.4 pentaconn for the WM1).

Good luck!
Many thanks for the link, love your post (and your remark that it's not for everyone lol). I'll definitely look into all the markers and will keep both LQi and DHC in mind.

PS re return... as much as I want to, unfortunately, I bought the Sony cable from a brick & mortar shop (BIC Camera) whilst holidaying in Japan a few weeks ago, thus it's a bit far (and costly) to go back to return the cable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back