SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #27,466 of 45,723
Mar 4, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #27,467 of 45,723
Could you be more clear on what your'e trying to say about the degradation of memory cards? Thanks.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #27,469 of 45,723
Did someone try the Fiio L27 cable to connect a Sony WM1Z to Hugo 2 ?
On the Fiio site, they show a chart saying "the new version is not compatible with mojo", but they don't list the Hugo 2.
Otherwise, isn't 6 cm length a bit short as they don't have the same size ?

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #27,470 of 45,723
Did someone try the Fiio L27 cable to connect a Sony WM1Z to Hugo 2 ?
On the Fiio site, they show a chart saying "the new version is not compatible with mojo", but they don't list the Hugo 2.
Otherwise, isn't 6 cm length a bit short as they don't have the same size ?

I've tested it and it does not work with the Chord products.

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #27,471 of 45,723
I've tested it and it does not work with the Chord products.
Good to know !... Thank you for avoiding me a wrong buy :)

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #27,472 of 45,723
On the subject of albums being merged together when they have the same album name..
And someone did recommend using the "albumsort " in the Mp3tag, so I was wondering did anyone tried it.
I just tried it and found it dont work on my WM1A..
I have 3 albums titled "Love Songs" by Aaron Neville, Carpenters & Al Jarreau...
So I guess that all I have to do is include the artist name into the albumsort cell, and that didnt work ...
Anyone???

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #27,473 of 45,723
Yea, I've got an album called "Greatest Hits" with like 7 artists and over a hundred songs in it! How do I fix this? I tried changing the titles of each but that made no difference........

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #27,474 of 45,723
Yea, I've got an album called "Greatest Hits" with like 7 artists and over a hundred songs in it! How do I fix this? I tried changing the titles of each but that made no difference........

You have to have a different Album tag for each album. If the Album tag is identical all songs will be lumped into one Album

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #27,475 of 45,723
Forgive my ignorance but what is an "album tag"? Thanks for your help !

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #27,476 of 45,723
Forgive my ignorance but what is an "album tag"? Thanks for your help !

All the information about a song is stored in tags in the file like Artist (name of the artist), Track (title of the track), Album (name of the album) and so on and these tags are then what is used to show the music in the various views on the player

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #27,477 of 45,723
Albums are sorted by Album title and then Sort Album Artist tags.

I use the setting to list Artist by Album Artist and then for albums that are collections or contain multiple artists I use Various for the Album Artist and Sort Album Artist.

That way I'll see in the Album list Greatest Hits multiple times but each one will be unique based on the Album Artist and Sort Album Artist tags.

Otherwise browse by folder.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #27,478 of 45,723
I don't mean to be dense but I can't seem to get these 7 Greatest Hits albums to separate. Where do I go to make whatever changes I need to make to allow the 1Z to differentiate one album fro m the rest? Right now Tom Petty's Greatest hits has 93 songs in it! HELP!!

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #27,479 of 45,723
I don't mean to be dense but I can't seem to get these 7 Greatest Hits albums to separate. Where do I go to make whatever changes I need to make to allow the 1Z to differentiate one album fro m the rest? Right now Tom Petty's Greatest hits has 93 songs in it! HELP!!

You need a tag editor like mp3tag (for Windows) and then you need to delete the files on the player, edit the tags on the computer and then copy the files back to the player

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #27,480 of 45,723
On the subject of albums being merged together when they have the same album name..
And someone did recommend using the "albumsort " in the Mp3tag, so I was wondering did anyone tried it.
I just tried it and found it dont work on my WM1A..
I have 3 albums titled "Love Songs" by Aaron Neville, Carpenters & Al Jarreau...
So I guess that all I have to do is include the artist name into the albumsort cell, and that didnt work ...
Anyone???
I saw the post about that, so tried it and it didn't work for me either. As soon as I renamed and used the same Album Title/Name for multiple albums, despite them having different "albumsort" tag, my music are displayed under one album on my NW-WM1, as well as on my NW-ZX2. Maybe that trick doesn't use with Sony's(?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back