SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #27,422 of 45,723
I thought it only add noises ?

If you go to the Vinyl Processor setting in your DAP it says that it changes the sound sig to the "warm, rich playback of a record on a turntable". In other words it changes the sound of the WM1A to polar opposite characteristics. It's like having to two DAPs in one. Sounds like a more refined ZX2.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #27,423 of 45,723
If you go to the Vinyl Processor setting in your DAP it says that it changes the sound sig to the "warm, rich playback of a record on a turntable". In other words it changes the sound of the WM1A to polar opposite characteristics. It's like having to two DAPs in one. Sounds like a more refined ZX2.
Only thing i wish is that they left more control in the bass region, the job they doned its awesome but i miss some of the dark character of 2.0 firmware agree that its like having two daps they could let the user have a little more control over the dap to finally recreate 2.0 warm sound with loads of bass.. and of course even get to 1.2 with the sacrifice of stage if necesary thats my 2 cents...

That way it will be a more compatible DAP and could variate from cold to warm signature from bright to bassy and a good way to achieve it its to add a tab maybe to the vynil procesor, or maybe to the tone arm resonance maybe two modes normal and strong or deep then the bass should go insane, i thing sony its not doing it couse ithey fear saturation too much... maybe you can damage an iem.. who knows... control should be on user side from my perspective to the no damage point... maybe they can add a two modes to the DSEE HX under standart, Boost low and boost high and low then DSEE would boost frec from 45hz and below actually i think 3.01 its fine in the 30HZ and below frec (you can really Feel that subbass on some songs o the point of tickle inside eardrums) and boost low high should do little boost also to the upper 17hz and above wich get lost in mp3 sorry im being borring (WM1A Speaking im not shure if this applys to 1Z that should sound at it best in 3.01) 2.0 had a distictive charasteristic if you lower the volume from 110 and down bass remained a lot... 3.01 scales all frecuencies more even to the pont there is no way to get more bass from some songs. well enough have a nice day thanks for reading lol

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #27,425 of 45,723
Does anyone use mp3 files at 192 kbps using wm1z? If so, how do they sound? Any recommendation?

I may have some on the “A”. If you have fairly capable head/earphone, it is just okay.
Note: not all mp3 are equals, the ones I encoded with early encoders 20 years ago are really bad.

I am in the long process of ripping them again or rebuy cd or digital if the original is lost or scratched.

Try buying the cd or digital version, won’t make a dent in your Z budget :)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #27,428 of 45,723
Is there any programs out there to embed cover / folder .jpg into the metadata and free? Unless if I'm doing something wrong wm1z doesn't pickup cover.jpg / folder.jpg so a lot of album artwork is missing for me.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #27,429 of 45,723
Is there any programs out there to embed cover / folder .jpg into the metadata and free? Unless if I'm doing something wrong wm1z doesn't pickup cover.jpg / folder.jpg so a lot of album artwork is missing for me.

Mp3tag will do it. Also your jpg files have to be baseline as Sony can’t handle progressive jpg

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #27,432 of 45,723
Mp3tag will do it. Also your jpg files have to be baseline as Sony can’t handle progressive jpg
thanks, but this isn't exactly automatic unless if i'm doing something wrong. I can only do one album at a time and appears I can't do multiple abumbs? id on't mind selecting which item when ithas multiples, but I have to scan one, delete that off the list, scan again, delete off list, repeat.

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #27,433 of 45,723
thanks, but this isn't exactly automatic unless if i'm doing something wrong. I can only do one album at a time and appears I can't do multiple abumbs? id on't mind selecting which item when ithas multiples, but I have to scan one, delete that off the list, scan again, delete off list, repeat.

You can do batch processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back