SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #25,501 of 45,723
Well its right around the corner so why not :wink:
Last time i got to the other but somehow missed this one.

I never went to Thailand to look at audio gear; never did the prelanding Google search, but I guess fate had the DM6 in store for me?

Good Luck! You may like what you find there, and the lady is nice.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #25,502 of 45,723
Simply put, battery devices doesn’t have a real ground....or earth ground. So any additional absorbed electrical manners (RFI/EMI....Noises...etc...)of any kind is not recommended :D...but I am speaking out of my Ars....Sony engineers probably don’t know enough :wink:

4.4mm ground plane is excellent to implement on any desktop devices that has ground plane drain to earth ground. This is the reason why I love 4.4mm.

You know I was talking about TV's power supply circuit, right? I agree that shielding is more suitable for full size headphone cables. It'd hardly portable for IEMs to have shielding. But ground channel termination can help with 4.4 connector's chassis ground too.

I wonder that too, but I guess it would bring pretty bad reputation to someone business, but also let’s not make this thread into something else. Agree that adding ground to pcb won’t pose such threat and for safety reason, Sony did not implemented it, IMO, I would only do it on desktop pieces, but then, even my mini Dynalo does not have ground for 4.4mm. I am also not a fan of shielding on cables either. I honestly do love Sony engineering, simplistic and have principle

Yeah. It's mixed feelings about modding issues. That's why I always check with electrician with oscilloscope to make sure the worst will not happen. Shielding headphone cable can be good for some headphones like Beyerdynamic T1 where shielding has direct connection to headphone directly. It can be good for some full size cables with separated shielding to isolate left/right channel too.

So far I haven't seen any downside of adding ground connection to ground PCB or chassis yet. Even if cable itself doesn't have shield, chassis ground termination to ground channel and reduce noise floor improving audio performance. Dynalo is a great amp. Wish I could buy one but now I settled down with Rudistor RP030 for now.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #25,504 of 45,723
just picked up a pair of Samsung EVO Plus 512GB MicroSDXC With SD Adapter for $149 ea on Fleabay, price has since gone up to $199...but it looks as if these are finally available
we'll see on Tuesday if they're legit

Bargain....hopefully it really is the real deal. My sandisk 400gb came today

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #25,507 of 45,723
I can confirm that the new Apple iPad Pro with USB-C works with DAC mode with just a standard USB-C to micro USB cable and WMP-NWM10 adapter. It will also work with or without charging enabled. iPad Pro will charge the WM1a/z!

IMG_1973.jpg

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #25,508 of 45,723
Anyone know what the name of the file needs to be for the album cover?

Is it (for example):
cover.jpeg

A lot of my FLAC files have embedded covers, but they are progressive and not baseline, so the player won't show them.
It will be easier if I just drop a JPEG file in each folder to fix this.

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #25,509 of 45,723
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #25,510 of 45,723
Hey People,
I just saw a guy on Twitter with a CUE file option on his WM1Z. I was wondering if this is new ?
Some people were saying that CUE files dont work and I thought only the ZX300 is limited in that option.
Picture:

DsLaA5iWkAAtEgT.jpg:large

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #25,511 of 45,723
Hey People,
I just saw a guy on Twitter with a CUE file option on his WM1Z. I was wondering if this is new ?
Some people were saying that CUE files dont work and I thought only the ZX300 is limited in that option.
Picture:

I dont have that option on my 1Z firmware 3.0. Could that be a newer firmware?
I really hope that 1Z supports CUE files and DTS format. I bought DX200Ti and DX200 just to play those two.

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #25,512 of 45,723
Hey People,
Picture:

Als ich vorgestellt habe, Ihr Walkman musste in der Japanische Region stattfindet. Mein WM1A aus HK hat diese Option nicht dort

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #25,513 of 45,723
Anyone know what the name of the file needs to be for the album cover?

Is it (for example):
cover.jpeg

A lot of my FLAC files have embedded covers, but they are progressive and not baseline, so the player won't show them.
It will be easier if I just drop a JPEG file in each folder to fix this.
Same as folder of the music files.
Example i have bach golberg variations in folder Goldberg Variationen BWV 988

the album art must be named the same as the folder Golberg Variationen BWV 988.jpg

Nov 18, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #25,515 of 45,723
97090B71-B5AB-459E-913C-5A0B8EDEEBFD.jpeg
Magaosi K5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back