1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Redcarmoose
    I never went to Thailand to look at audio gear; never did the prelanding Google search, but I guess fate had the DM6 in store for me?

Good Luck! You may like what you find there, and the lady is nice.

Aslshark and superuser1 like this.
  2. WindowsX
    You know I was talking about TV's power supply circuit, right? I agree that shielding is more suitable for full size headphone cables. It'd hardly portable for IEMs to have shielding. But ground channel termination can help with 4.4 connector's chassis ground too.

Yeah. It's mixed feelings about modding issues. That's why I always check with electrician with oscilloscope to make sure the worst will not happen. Shielding headphone cable can be good for some headphones like Beyerdynamic T1 where shielding has direct connection to headphone directly. It can be good for some full size cables with separated shielding to isolate left/right channel too.

So far I haven't seen any downside of adding ground connection to ground PCB or chassis yet. Even if cable itself doesn't have shield, chassis ground termination to ground channel and reduce noise floor improving audio performance. Dynalo is a great amp. Wish I could buy one but now I settled down with Rudistor RP030 for now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Whitigir likes this.
  3. Stephen George
    just picked up a pair of Samsung EVO Plus 512GB MicroSDXC With SD Adapter for $149 ea on Fleabay, price has since gone up to $199...but it looks as if these are finally available
    we'll see on Tuesday if they're legit

4. Dizzle77
    Bargain....hopefully it really is the real deal. My sandisk 400gb came today

5. Whitigir
    Woaaaa, that is a steal ! I hope it is real and not some fake stuff. Keeping fingers crossed for you

Stephen George likes this.
  6. Stephen George

will let you know

one for my ak240 and the other for the z !!

he upped the price to $199, but even that is a good deal if it's a legit samsung

Whitigir likes this.
  7. bflat
    I can confirm that the new Apple iPad Pro with USB-C works with DAC mode with just a standard USB-C to micro USB cable and WMP-NWM10 adapter. It will also work with or without charging enabled. iPad Pro will charge the WM1a/z!

IMG_1973.jpg

8. OppoGuy
    Anyone know what the name of the file needs to be for the album cover?

Is it (for example):
    cover.jpeg

A lot of my FLAC files have embedded covers, but they are progressive and not baseline, so the player won't show them.
    It will be easier if I just drop a JPEG file in each folder to fix this.

9. Kira69
    Easy. https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwwm1/v1/en/contents/TP0001449029.html

10. Bepli
    Hey People,
    I just saw a guy on Twitter with a CUE file option on his WM1Z. I was wondering if this is new ?
    Some people were saying that CUE files dont work and I thought only the ZX300 is limited in that option.
    Picture:

[​IMG]

rtjoa likes this.
  11. rtjoa
    I dont have that option on my 1Z firmware 3.0. Could that be a newer firmware?
    I really hope that 1Z supports CUE files and DTS format. I bought DX200Ti and DX200 just to play those two.

12. gerelmx1986
    Als ich vorgestellt habe, Ihr Walkman musste in der Japanische Region stattfindet. Mein WM1A aus HK hat diese Option nicht dort

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    rtjoa likes this.
  13. gerelmx1986
    Same as folder of the music files.
    Example i have bach golberg variations in folder Goldberg Variationen BWV 988

the album art must be named the same as the folder Golberg Variationen BWV 988.jpg

OppoGuy and rtjoa like this.
  14. Bepli
    The Hong Kong region does not work, but the Chinese region does have the CUE Sheet option

15. Redcarmoose
    97090B71-B5AB-459E-913C-5A0B8EDEEBFD.jpeg Magaosi K5