SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #25,306 of 45,723
How do I save or covert jpg's under "baseline" type?

I always make sure to pull album art off Amazon and it works because it's Baseline

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #25,308 of 45,723
Thanks.

I'm going to give XnViewMP a shot and try and batch process, if that doesn't work I'll pull from Amazon, being I'm having an issue with only a few albums.

Thank you sir!

I have several terabytes of music and I am now through the letter q for having it all Baseline and workable on the Sony. I am making real progress LOL in a few more weeks, I will be done and then I'll back it up on five different hard drives. Does anybody know of a good program to scan for any audio file corruption?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #25,310 of 45,723
How is this done? Because music is bought on Amazon ?Or how else?

In Google image search you put the artist, album name, and Amazon and make sure the image you choose is hosted on Amazon. Michael Jackson Thriller Amazon. I usually choose one of their large or one of their medium sized images.

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #25,311 of 45,723
I have several terabytes of music and I am now through the letter q for having it all Baseline and workable on the Sony. I am making real progress LOL in a few more weeks, I will be done and then I'll back it up on five different hard drives. Does anybody know of a good program to scan for any audio file corruption?

Sounds like a party! Well, I'm going to just stick with the few that have issues displaying on the Sony. Downloading from Amazon did work.

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #25,312 of 45,723
Sounds like a party! Well, I'm going to just stick with the few that have issues displaying on the Sony. Downloading from Amazon did work.

I am glad it worked.

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #25,314 of 45,723
Download and install Tag Scanner (Windows only). Connect your 1z via usb to the computer. Open Tag Scanner. Locate the MUSIC folder from 1z, drag it into Tag scanner, select all (ctrl+A), click save; Tag scanner will re-encode all the images in baseline jpg. And you’re done. Saves you a lot of manual work and time.

**pay attention to the image size in the preferences section of the program as you can use this to also resize to smaller images. I can’t remember the default size of cover in the program as I changed mine long ago.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #25,315 of 45,723
Download and install Tag Scanner (Windows only). Connect your 1z via usb to the computer. Open Tag Scanner. Locate the MUSIC folder from 1z, drag it into Tag scanner, select all (ctrl+A), click save; Tag scanner will re-encode all the images in baseline jpg. And you’re done. Saves you a lot of manual work and time.

**pay attention to the image size in the preferences section of the program as you can use this to also resize to smaller images. I can’t remember the default size of cover in the program as I changed mine long ago.

Perfect! Thanks for the info.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #25,316 of 45,723

Well not much luck with tag scanner. I didn't have a problem importing via walkman music folder, set the embedded covers to 800x800, ctrl-a, and save...took a bit save, but that didn't solve the problem with the albums with missing art. Any idea?

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #25,317 of 45,723
My WM1A has crashed 4 times in the past 24 hours since I used USB DAC with my MacBook Air. This is the first time it’s crashed since upgrading to 3.0 the day it was released and was only the second time I’ve used USB DAC. Can’t be a coincidence.

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #25,318 of 45,723
How is this done? Because music is bought on Amazon ?Or how else?

it doesn't have to be..i use a product on the PC called "Tag & Rename"

you select the files, press the globe and it'll do the google search for you

you can then just drag the cover you want and it does the rest

i found the smaller the cover the better...T&R will set everything to 200X200

higher res pics do nothing for you

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #25,319 of 45,723
Well not much luck with tag scanner. I didn't have a problem importing via walkman music folder, set the embedded covers to 800x800, ctrl-a, and save...took a bit save, but that didn't solve the problem with the albums with missing art. Any idea?

smaller the better....the sw i use sets it to 200X200 and haven't had any issues

supposedly with 3.0 you can do away with embedding them and just use folder.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back