SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #23,821 of 45,723
This sounds great! The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King.

0924180752a.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #23,824 of 45,723

Listening it as much as I can before i send it to K-Mod tomorrow. :triportsad:
Dein Walkman wird schon bald zum Schönheitschirurg? Hoffe alles gut für ihm.

LOL English so your Walkman is going soon with the th the plastic surgeon? Hope all good with him

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #23,826 of 45,723
this is a SD card, not a microSD, the only 512gb microSD is the Integral, which is slow as hell.
PNY has released a 512GB microSD card.

It was available on Amazon US for like a day or 2 and now shows 1-3 month lead time, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGT2DL5/

I've had a couple of PNY SSD drives and SD cards die. Even though they replaced for free under warranty. I'll wait for the Sandisk or Samsung cards as I don't want the hassle of having to reload the card.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #23,829 of 45,723
I wish I could send it in somewhere if I could just get a pentaconn plug installed in the balanced section , but I wonder if other than placebo,, if it even offers any real benefit... Any change in sound.

You mean if balanced offer any benefit over single ended ?

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #23,831 of 45,723
A question to all of you who long to buy the 1Z. Are you sure that the upgrade is worth all the money as long as you didn't quite fully explore the upscale range of IEMs? Many of you own the Sony proprietary IEM and while in no way I would like to play down this option, there might be some alternatives out there (more expensive, though), that may bring sonic upgrades (and possibly quite significant ones). I, for one, have learned that you have to try to extract as much value as you can from a given setup before thinking of changing things altogether.

Personally, I use the U18t from 64audio and without auditioning the 1Z, I wonder how much can you increase the sound quality beyond what I am already hearing...

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #23,832 of 45,723
A question to all of you who long to buy the 1Z. Are you sure that the upgrade is worth all the money as long as you didn't quite fully explore the upscale range of IEMs? Many of you own the Sony proprietary IEM and while in no way I would like to play down this option, there might be some alternatives out there (more expensive, though), that may bring sonic upgrades (and possibly quite significant ones). I, for one, have learned that you have to try to extract as much value as you can from a given setup before thinking of changing things altogether.

Personally, I use the U18t from 64audio and without auditioning the 1Z, I wonder how much can you increase the sound quality beyond what I am already hearing...

Only you by auditioning can say if it is worth it to you

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #23,833 of 45,723
I might be a couple of years late to the party, but I`ve been enjoying my 1A ever since I got it earlier this week. Such a great DAP indeed. Build quality is excellent, build like a tank, nothing rattles, great battery life too. Just a joy to hold it. The OS is simple, yet very functional, solid and intuitive. Oh, sounds great as well. Great job Sony! Looking forward to the USB DAC feature.
My temp balanced setup :)

You could probably use it for home defense if need be lol. Glad you're enjoying it.

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #23,834 of 45,723
No

A pentacon female plug instead of stock

I doubt the type of plug would make any sound difference. I did like the Kobiconn connector when I had several of Ray Samuels balanced amps

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #23,835 of 45,723
This sounds great! The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King.

Absolutely love everything to do with lord of the rings. That soundtrack is supurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back