SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #21,738 of 45,723
Not really, it was rumored starting from January where as now ways into July and nothing yet
I agree and that's unsettling.

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #21,739 of 45,723
C9374250-7FBF-47B8-95A4-4FABB3C1035A.jpeg

Strangely I’m now finding IEMs that sound better out of the 1A, then full size headphones which are better from the 1Z. I attribute it to simple synergy. A new player will mean I have to start all over again.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #21,741 of 45,723
2018 will mark 2 years since the WM1 series was released, i think it was the same pattern for ZX2 and ZX1?

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #21,742 of 45,723
Help please...

I'm finally considering getting a balanced cable for my NW-WM1A after using the single ended socket for 6 months...

I have an Earsonics SM3 v2 which has a 3.5mm single ended termination and 2 pin connections. Also, I want to be able to use my IEM with my laptop after reterminating it to 4.4mm, so I will also need a 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male adaptor.

However, the products of popular brands such as Effect Audio, Moon Audio and Audio Sanctuary are way too expensive for me.

I have found some cheaper alternatives from various vendors. Would there be considerable difference between the products of well-known brands (above) and those of alternative vendors (below)?

And of the products below which ones seem to be the better choices?

Alternative 1
Alternative 2
Alternative 3
Alternative 4
Alternative 5
Alternative 6
Alternative 7
Alternative 8
Alternative 9
Alternative 10
Alternative 11
Alternative 12
Alternative 13

And some alternatives for 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male adaptors:

Adapter 1
Adapter 2
Adapter 3
Adapter 4
Adapter 5

I'd really appreciate if you could help me... Thanks in advance...

Jul 22, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #21,744 of 45,723
Help please...

I'm finally considering getting a balanced cable for my NW-WM1A after using the single ended socket for 6 months...

I have an Earsonics SM3 v2 which has a 3.5mm single ended termination and 2 pin connections. Also, I want to be able to use my IEM with my laptop after reterminating it to 4.4mm, so I will also need a 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male adaptor.

However, the products of popular brands such as Effect Audio, Moon Audio and Audio Sanctuary are way too expensive for me.

I have found some cheaper alternatives from various vendors. Would there be considerable difference between the products of well-known brands (above) and those of alternative vendors (below)?

Alternative 1
Alternative 2
Alternative 3
Alternative 4
Alternative 5
Alternative 6
Alternative 7
Alternative 8
Alternative 9
Alternative 10
Alternative 11
Alternative 12
Alternative 13

Adapter 1
Adapter 2
Adapter 3
Adapter 4
Adapter 5

Please do your WM1A balanced section a favor, don't purchase any of the 4.4mm male to 3.5mm female for Single-ended or you will short circuit the amp. The 4.4mm recabling options all seem fine for me. In theory you can use the 3.5mm feamle to 4.4mm male but ONLY if your 3.5mm ARE TERMINATED IN TRRS (no not the ones with an inline mic)

Jul 22, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #21,745 of 45,723
Hello
Is there an app that allows me to create a playlist on PC and then import it on WM1Z ?
Or is the only way to create a playlist is to use the internal menu of the WM1Z ?

Jul 22, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #21,746 of 45,723
Help please...

Alternative 1
Alternative 2
Alternative 3
Alternative 4
Alternative 5
Alternative 6
Alternative 7
Alternative 8
Alternative 9
Alternative 10
Alternative 11
Alternative 12
Alternative 13

Adapter 1
Adapter 2
Adapter 3
Adapter 4
Adapter 5

I would rather save up a bit more and get from a known cable company or get a used cable.

Have you looked at OC Studio in Taiwan? I have 2 cables from them and an adapter 4.4mm female to 2.5mm. you can contact them from their facebook or https://m.ruten.com.tw/class/store_list.php?s=davidboyman

They are not super cheap but their cables are good values for money
20170914_161057_HDR.jpg
20170828_171930.jpg
20170922_060827.jpg

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #21,748 of 45,723
Hello
Is there an app that allows me to create a playlist on PC and then import it on WM1Z ?
Or is the only way to create a playlist is to use the internal menu of the WM1Z ?
You can create playlists on the player for either the internal memory songs or the sd card songs. Playlists can't contain songs that cross media. The song in the playlist must be on the media the playlist is stored on.

On the computer you can create playlists and import them as long as the path to the song is correct. The imported playlist path must start with /MUSIC/ or \MUSIC\ depending on the OS it was created on.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #21,749 of 45,723
Thanks for the replies.

If you go for cheap, you need to go for build quality/reliability and not sound performances :)

Is there a brand and model out there that would give me good sound and still be not more than 100 $?

Please do your WM1A balanced section a favor, don't purchase any of the 4.4mm male to 3.5mm female for Single-ended or you will short circuit the amp. The 4.4mm recabling options all seem fine for me. In theory you can use the 3.5mm feamle to 4.4mm male but ONLY if your 3.5mm ARE TERMINATED IN TRRS (no not the ones with an inline mic)

Thanks for the warning. Though, I'm considering 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male adapter. That would be OK, right?

I would rather save up a bit more and get from a known cable company or get a used cable.

Have you looked at OC Studio in Taiwan? I have 2 cables from them and an adapter 4.4mm female to 2.5mm. you can contact them from their facebook or https://m.ruten.com.tw/class/store_list.php?s=davidboyman

They are not super cheap but their cables are good values for money

Thanks. It's still too expensive for me...

I'm also considering, instead of reterminating my 5 year old IEM, purchasing a headphone which natively has a balanced cable and a 4.4mm jack. Which brands/models should I look at? What headphone matches greatly with the WM1A considering I like neutral sound?

Of course I'd have a larger budget for the headphone...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back