SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #21,706 of 45,723
I still have a few albums with 'missing' artwork here and there. Does that involve resizing the album art to a more acceptable resolution?

It has to be progressive jpeg. Player sizes to fit.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #21,707 of 45,723
It has to be progressive jpeg. Player sizes to fit.

Is this perhaps a typo? I’ve read the Sony players can not properly display progressive JPEGs and all cover art must be baseline.

I’ve been using Metadatics to clean up my tags and embed and resize (500x500 px) all artwork and so far have not encountered any missing graphics on transferring to the DAP. The process has been completely effective, albeit a bit time consuming. I’m planning on trying Bliss next to see if it’s a more streamlined solution.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #21,708 of 45,723
Is this perhaps a typo? I’ve read the Sony players can not properly display progressive JPEGs and all cover art must be baseline.

I’ve been using Metadatics to clean up my tags and embed and resize (500x500 px) all artwork and so far have not encountered any missing graphics on transferring to the DAP. The process has been completely effective, albeit a bit time consuming. I’m planning on trying Bliss next to see if it’s a more streamlined solution.

Yes must be typo. It has to be baseline not progressive

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #21,709 of 45,723

I just keep redoing artwork in iTunes until it shows up on player. Maybe I got it backwards...sorry.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #21,710 of 45,723
I just keep redoing artwork in iTunes until it shows up on player. Maybe I got it backwards...sorry.

As I understand it iTunes don’t always put the art in the actual files but rather keeps it in it’s own art database

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #21,711 of 45,723
As I understand it iTunes don’t always put the art in the actual files but rather keeps it in it’s own art database

The program allows you to put in your own jpegs.

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #21,712 of 45,723
I'm reterminating my Uber Too cable to 4.4 TRRRS. Does anyone have a read on what is currently the best plug? I'm looking at the Furutech CF.-7445 over the Eidolic offering. I was also told by Music Sanctuary that they are expecting some pure copper plugs without plating from Topura. What do you think?

I'm looking for something smooth and sparkling with the largest soundstage available. Durability isn't an issue as it seems these days I'm regularly reterminating new standards and gear.

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #21,713 of 45,723

Yes but they don’t always go into the actual music file so they will only show within iTunes and not if you copy the music files to somewhere else or if you access them from other computer software like foobar.

When I moved from iTunes all files showed art inside iTunes but thousands didn’t from foobar as the art was not embedded in the music files but only sat inside iTunes

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #21,714 of 45,723
Yes but they don’t always go into the actual music file so they will only show within iTunes and not if you copy the music files to somewhere else or if you access them from other computer software like foobar.

When I moved from iTunes all files showed art inside iTunes but thousands didn’t from foobar as the art was not embedded in the music files but only sat inside iTunes

After changing several files several different times, everything shows on the Sony. And it does embed them in the actual files, at least my iTunes does...

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #21,715 of 45,723

This is correct, but are the JPEGs embedded in the music file or does iTunes simply point back to the image file? I'm no expert, but my understanding is it's the later, which is why the image files from iTunes are not always portable. One of the more useful features with Metadatics is that it tells you if the image file is embedded within the music file, and if it's not, makes it very easy to find the correct file and embed it. I found that most of the files from my iTunes library did not have image files embedded, not an issue when using iTunes, but certainly becomes an issue with other programs or DAPs. Again, take all of this with a grain of salt...

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #21,716 of 45,723
This is correct, but are the JPEGs embedded in the music file or does iTunes simply point back to the image file? I'm no expert, but my understanding is it's the later, which is why the image files from iTunes are not always portable. One of the more useful features with Metadatics is that it tells you if the image file is embedded within the music file, and if it's not, makes it very easy to find the correct file and embed it. I found that most of the files from my iTunes library did not have image files embedded, not an issue when using iTunes, but certainly becomes an issue with other programs or DAPs. Again, take all of this with a grain of salt...

It seems like they're going into the individual music files, because if I just put an individual music file, then the artwork shows up on the Sony.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #21,717 of 45,723
After changing several files several different times, everything shows on the Sony. And it does embed them in the actual files, at least my iTunes does...

It may well have changed, it was several years ago I left iTunes. At that point some art got embedded and other art got put in directories inside the iTunes directory. I never figured out under what circumstances it went where

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #21,718 of 45,723
It seems like they're going into the individual music files, because if I just put an individual music file in the artwork shows up on the Sony.

Hey Quad, if the process is working for you, that's all that matters! Good to know... might save me some time cleaning up the rest of my library prior to moving to the 1A. thanks...

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #21,719 of 45,723
It may well have changed, it was several years ago I left iTunes. At that point some art got embedded and other art got put in directories inside the iTunes directory. I never figured out under what circumstances it went where

It very well may have changed... I did have to do a lot more work on iTunes after the initial downloads to get everything ready for the Sony... Most of what I did was totally trial and error...

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #21,720 of 45,723
Has anyone heard anything about the 1A being discontinued?

I'm currently living in Vietnam and am using a loaner from my local dealer as there is no inventory in the country at present. He insists they will have new inventory in 30 days, however, another distributor said that Sony recently ceased production and discontinued the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back