SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #21,572 of 45,723
impressions VS WM1A welcome

I will try to do some A and B testing. I cannot imagine myself loving anything more than I love the 1A already! Still, I lust!

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #21,573 of 45,723
I simply cannot get enough of this song on the NW - WM1A. I strongly recommend the Sony players for anybody who likes metal, or more aggressive music. It takes the harshness out, without taking the bite or musicality out. Sony has really accomplished something very special with the signature series. I am in awe, and I'm thankful to God for Sony engineers. I'm not worthy. LOL

0711182009a_Film3.jpg

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #21,574 of 45,723
Jul 12, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #21,578 of 45,723
My WM1A is on the way, i'll get it tomorrow :cheer:
Can i use it as bluetooth dac amp for my phone, cause despite listening on my own source, i'd like to listen on youtube, too :D
it doesn't have a Bluetooth DAC neither USB DAC , sadly

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #21,579 of 45,723
Guys,

What would you choose between Campfire Andromeda and Noble Kaiser Encore to pair with a Sony Wm1A?
For those who had the chance of comparing the two IEMs, is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #21,580 of 45,723
Guys,

What would you choose between Campfire Andromeda and Noble Kaiser Encore to pair with a Sony Wm1A?
For those who had the chance of comparing the two IEMs, is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Thanks a lot in advance!

what's your budget and what signature are you after ?

you should visit @flinkenick 's thread about TOTL iems , they will guide you properly

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #21,581 of 45,723
what's your budget and what signature are you after ?

you should visit @flinkenick 's thread about TOTL iems , they will guide you properly

First, is this the thread?
(https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/)

Coming back to your question, my budget tops at around 1900 dollars. I have to mention that I am not listening to EDM, but to classical electronic (Tangerine Dream etc.), rock, acoustic, folk, classical music (a lot!).

I was looking deeper into the Andromeda, however, the opinions differ in line with the musical preferences of each reviewer (e.g. an EDM fan has told me that Andromeda is "lean").

The Noble Encore seems - again, according to reviews - to be more musical and and to have a higher resolution than the Andromeda. The treble also is said to be more "tamed" when compared to the Andromeda.

What I really need?

Now I am using the IE800 from Sennheiser, but I really don't like their mid section, it's too recessed and congested I would say. Someone was saying (using a nice metaphor), that listening to the IE800 is like listening in a vacuum room...
Relative to this setup, I am interested in a IEM with a more forward mid section and I am (of course) planning to use the balanced port.

Thanks a lot!

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #21,583 of 45,723
First, is this the thread?
(https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/)

Coming back to your question, my budget tops at around 1900 dollars. I have to mention that I am not listening to EDM, but to classical electronic (Tangerine Dream etc.), rock, acoustic, folk, classical music (a lot!).

What I really need?

Now I am using the IE800 from Sennheiser, but I really don't like their mid section, it's too recessed and congested I would say. Someone was saying (using a nice metaphor), that listening to the IE800 is like listening in a vacuum room...
Relative to this setup, I am interested in a IEM with a more forward mid section and I am (of course) planning to use the balanced port.

Thanks a lot!

@NaiveSound is selling his Zeus XR for 1700 dollars , this is a true TOTL iem with 2 signatures which is crazy helpful (and one of the 2 signatures is Zeus XIV which is mid-forward vocal marvel)

just a thought here

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #21,584 of 45,723
@NaiveSound is selling his Zeus XR for 1700 dollars , this is a true TOTL iem with 2 signatures which is crazy helpful (and one of the 2 signatures is Zeus XIV which is mid-forward vocal marvel)

just a thought here

A great pair with the wm1a/z as well. You have the same combo right proedros?

Jul 12, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #21,585 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back