1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    what were you doing guys? did you just copied music and ejected the WM1A from pc or just yanked the usv cord from the usb port without doing the safe eject hardware like i do most of times?

2. JeremyLaurenson
    Nope - safe eject all the way.

3. JeremyLaurenson
    Nope... no juice. It doesnt work.

4. Whitigir
    Usually it got stuck trying to build up DB but the files are corrupted, or a bad MicroSD. Take out MicroSD and use another card like 8Gb or so to boot up

5. Hanafuda
    No offense guys, but I'm just gonna put this here to ward off the bad juju.

[​IMG]

superuser1 and kubig123 like this.
  6. kingdixon

LOL,

That would be my advice too ..

I went out for some time, i just cant keep watching it reboot, wonder how much time would it reboot till battery depletes ..

@JeremyLaurenson Why dont you try putting another sd card like whitigir advise and see if it would make a difference.

7. JeremyLaurenson
    Inserted a 200GB Sandisk card. Same thing.

Service manual for those who care: alternative link

8. Whitigir
    Try with smaller card, not larger :D but if that doesn’t work then I am sorry no other ideas. It happened to my 1Z once, and I freaked out. I took out MicroSD card and insert some lower capacity one in, and it read. Once it did, I safe eject and then turned off. Put in another card and it worked again. Turned out my card was bad and it stuck at 50% building DB, then reboot

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Aslshark likes this.
  9. gerelmx1986
    I read some one also had same problem with his zx300 he did tried many times to isntall FW 2.0 until he succeded to break the rebooting loop

10. gerelmx1986
    what is that? I only see a bunch of feathers, some sort of mortar/small bowl made of mother pearl, a big cigarette of who know what drug :D and a stick of wood , d'oh :p

11. kingdixon
    Ye thats what is making me a bit optimistic about it, also rhull1973 succeded in passing the loop with firmware update.

If you remember the guy with the zx300, mention him to get any steps to try it out.

12. Redcarmoose
    2DE129FE-C7B9-4BF4-AEB6-379DEBBF7AAF.jpeg Last time my 1Z froze I was able to summon the ancient elements of the universe which helped transport me into the time/space paradox and wonderfully arrive home with a different 1Z which still works perfect to this day.

Edit:

Never seen one freeze-up?

Aslshark and Hanafuda like this.
  13. Hanafuda

I just did a google image search on "ward off bad juju" to see what popped up lol. This image was in the third row of results but looked the most Santeria / Voodoo.

Since you asked, I dug in a little. It's a "Bad Energy Clearing Kit" sold in the Gwyneth Paltrow freaky-deak world of goop, only $195.

https://shop.goop.com/shop/products/energy-clearing-kit

Quadfather likes this.
  14. Quadfather
    I have Pantera, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth... Oh.. and Lamb of God All on my Sony NW - WM1A. I don't think that negative energy cleaning kit is going to do any good. LOL. See I'm already being negative about its effectiveness...

Decreate and Hanafuda like this.
  15. gerelmx1986
    Enjoying my WM1A high :D (gain H). Always for quiet recordings i use high gain and it reveals the details not apparent even at vol. 95/120 on Low gain

Quadfather likes this.