SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #19,786 of 45,723
Set up with my new Van Nuys case.

Not easy to get hold of in the UK, but glad I sourced this ....

Attachments

• 3B3C551F-9FB8-44EE-9B98-68CE62F514E8.jpeg
    3B3C551F-9FB8-44EE-9B98-68CE62F514E8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #19,795 of 45,723
I have wm1z and after comparing it with my desktop solution which costs half the price i think people should go for dx200.

The software of the DX200 is known to be really buggy, whereas the WM1 software is rock solid. The number of post discussing bad software/instability in this huge thread is close to zero - except for people asking for a search feature. :D Can't be said the same of the DX200.

People don't often realise or discuss that the money don't only go to paying for sound quality, and getting software right is actually pretty damn hard. it's often poor software that takes several points off certain DAPs and knocking them down from “good buys” to “avoid”, rather than sound quality, which in this age is arguably easier to get right especially if you are just sourcing off the shelf DAC chips and the DAC chip practically comes with instructions on how to wire them up like a Lego kit.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #19,796 of 45,723
I have wm1z and after comparing it with my desktop solution which costs half the price i think people should go for dx200.
While I agree dx200 is pretty good, if anyone ever think about driving headphones full-size like HD800, the 1Z does a better job

Nice, was looking for a match for some Oyaide platinum / palladium and silver / rhodium plugs and this has stirred my interest, can you reveal your source ?
Check this out.

Authentic Stuff

Or oyaide shop

Oyaide to make a complete Cables, just have to contact them and order. More expensive, but you get it done by oyaide themselves.

These wires are the real deal. I think Oyaide is going to reveal more exotic materials soon. The cables I made for Hd800s is the largest conductors I can fit 26awgx2 equal 23awg per conductor. There is no doubt about furutech plugs in my experiences. So what improvements do I have over stock cables ?

Sound signature: much smoother, more musicality, and less grainy. It still remains neutral as neither warm nor brighter but rather sweeter.

The stuff that I notice right away is sub-bass and soundstage. Sub bass dives deeper and rumbles more proudly, soundstage is hugely increased, the cues of positioning on the stock cables leave me wandering and confused as where it is coming from. On this Cables it is lay out very clearly, and that it helps both the layering and positioning to be more vividly presenting.

Then closer listening reveals.

Tonal body is more realistic, it improves up another notch. Stock cables, the 800s out of 1Z was showing a good synergy, but the tonal body was leaving me the feeling (0_0 what is this string instruments ?). This Cables improves that a further step and make it less confusing, together with more vivid resolutions. The instruments is now easier to be picked apart like when guitar 1 and guitar 2 being played together.

Anyways, the total investments into this Cables materials is so Expensive that I am a complete nut to do so. But hey ! I know my tastes, and I know what I hear. Just sharing my experiences. No one have to agree with me. Back to slamming with my cables in this portable setup

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #19,797 of 45,723
i just put geremlx1986 on my ignore list (only person i have there , mind you) , and it makes this thread a joy to read

unbelievable how many empty,useless posts this dude had all over here

The dude ruins this thread with his posts, most of which seem to be him talking to himself.

I have recently bought the 1Z and so wanted to try and read as much of this thread as possible. Without the ignore feature I would be certifiably insane by now.

I would recommend this to anyone planning to similarly trawl through the thread.

Username > People you ignore > Member to ignore: > gerelmx1986 > Save Changes

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #19,798 of 45,723
this thread would have been 800 pages without his empty, self-centered posts

indedd

Apr 14, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #19,799 of 45,723
Allow me to share you guys the next Cables that I specially made to cater to Hd800s and WM1Z synergies andaximize performances.

Silver-gold-platinum Oyaide wires
4.4mm furutech rhodium plating
800s furutech rhodium plating

Wooo!! Very expensive

Nice!
If you Play 1z with hd800s classic like Beethoven 9. or womens voice like Diana Krall/Holly Cole how much volume Shows the 1z? Is it loud enough?
Thanks

Apr 14, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #19,800 of 45,723
Nice!
If you Play 1z with hd800s classic like Beethoven 9. or womens voice like Diana Krall/Holly Cole how much volume Shows the 1z? Is it loud enough?
Thanks

Depends, Loud listening is 85-90, I never crank over 95. Medium listening to me is about 75-80, and medium low comfortable level is about 65-70. Mid night listening level is 30-35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back