SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #9,286 of 45,723
Feb 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #9,287 of 45,723
Hi
Can I trust to buy from a third party seller in Amazon who ask to email before ordering? The seller seems have good rating, but the price is a little too good
Sony NW-WM1Z High-Resolution Audio Walkman (256 GB Memory, S Master HX Engine, Copper Case 10.2 cm/4 inch LED LCD Multi-Touch Display) - Gold https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LHGLALI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_achPybP7ZC41W

Don't do it.  For one, contacting the third party via email is a violation of Amazon's policies, so if you get ripped-off you most likely won't get any support from Amazon.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #9,288 of 45,723
Fake seller again , the upside is it usually means Amazon bring the prices down to compete with the price shown , looks like it's been removed now so I'm guessing that gravy train has now stopped. Was good while it lasted and plenty took advantage of the average price of £700 ! A round of applause to all concerned.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,289 of 45,723
Has anyone removed that ugly "made in malaysia" sticker at left bottom of the player?

I tried to remove it but could only succeed in removing the top layer . Didnt wish to scratch at it for fear i would scratch of some of the gold finish... 
biggrin.gif

P.S. No offense to malaysians or malaysia whatsoever. Just stating since we all know that the WM series are all made there yes?

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #9,290 of 45,723

Don't do it.  For one, contacting the third party via email is a violation of Amazon's policies, so if you get ripped-off you most likely won't get any support from Amazon.

Thank you, I will hold off that kind of dangerous temptation from now on. The thing was that I know it most probably be fake and I just wanted to try

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #9,291 of 45,723
Hi
Can I trust to buy from a third party seller in Amazon who ask to email before ordering? The seller seems have good rating, but the price is a little too good
Sony NW-WM1Z High-Resolution Audio Walkman (256 GB Memory, S Master HX Engine, Copper Case 10.2 cm/4 inch LED LCD Multi-Touch Display) - Gold https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LHGLALI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_achPybP7ZC41W

It is 99% certainly a scam. These "traders" are handy in that they can force Amazon's automatic pricing algorithm to price real items down BUT, I would expect you will never see your item once you have parted with your money. I strongly recommend you stick to legit' traders, and look for real discounts on real hardware. There isn't a lot of wriggle room, but be patient and something will turn up.......

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #9,292 of 45,723

It is 99% certainly a scam. These "traders" are handy in that they can force Amazon's automatic pricing algorithm to price real items down BUT, I would expect you will never see your item once you have parted with your money. I strongly recommend you stick to legit' traders, and look for real discounts on real hardware. There isn't a lot of wriggle room, but be patient and something will turn up.......

few days ago on amazon i saw also cowon plenue s being offered for 1040 usd, but they also asked to email them my info so they can book the item for me

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #9,293 of 45,723
Hi

the one priced 1565 pounds is 100% a scam , beware

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #9,294 of 45,723
Feb 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #9,295 of 45,723
  Has anyone removed that ugly "made in malaysia" sticker at left bottom of the player?

I tried to remove it but could only succeed in removing the top layer . Didnt wish to scratch at it for fear i would scratch of some of the gold finish... 
biggrin.gif

P.S. No offense to malaysians or malaysia whatsoever. Just stating since we all know that the WM series are all made there yes?

You almost got me going there 
tongue.gif
 But on a more serious note, I think a lot of people use their Walkman with a third-party case, I didn't even remember that sticker until you mentioned it. I just left it as is and got me a Dignis case as soon as I could (mainly because I wanted to cover as much of the body as possible, didn't want any scratches).

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #9,296 of 45,723
  You almost got me going there 
tongue.gif
 But on a more serious note, I think a lot of people use their Walkman with a third-party case, I didn't even remember that sticker until you mentioned it. I just left it as is and got me a Dignis case as soon as I could (mainly because I wanted to cover as much of the body as possible, didn't want any scratches).

For what it's worth, i really like that black leather case which was packaged with the 1Z and it still leaves alot of the bling and the other aesthetics of the player to be admired! 

Yeah, and since the sides are uncovered, that decal/sticker below is quite an eyesore on such an exquisite product.

Anywho, one quick question; Is it a must or is it better to use MediaGo as a source of data transfer? And if it's better, how so? 

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #9,297 of 45,723
For what it's worth, i really like that black leather case which was packaged with the 1Z and it still leaves alot of the bling and the other aesthetics of the player to be admired! 

Yeah, and since the sides are uncovered, that decal/sticker below is quite an eyesore on such an exquisite product.

Anywho, one quick question; Is it a must or is it better to use MediaGo as a source of data transfer? And if it's better, how so? 

I only drag and drop lol....and yeah, I love stock case. The sides though, my wedding ring can easily be scratching it lol...

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #9,298 of 45,723

From my observation if your music is already organized there is no advantage unless you like to use SensMe channels option on the player.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #9,299 of 45,723
I apologize in advance if this topic has been already addressed but I have not been able to find anything in regards, also I might have made a mess with trying posting this message in the first place.

I’ve just received my NW-WM1A with additional Sandisk 200GB microSD and loaded it up with multiple albums, Ia m currently experiencing issue with cover art non displaying at all for some albums, no apparent reason as same format FLAC/AIFF and cover art size, up to 1500x1500 will shows in some and other not.

Coming from AK70 where all the same album shown without issue I am getting puzzled and a little bit frustrated as I am trying to find a logical reason on my current issue. All ID Tags have been edited using the same software, YATE, on my iMac 27”, on a side note, I have tried the same albums in MediaGo from Sony and they all show correctly the Cover Art.

Any idea on how to approach this issue before I loose my sanity? By the way this little gem is a work of craftsmanship and I am looking forward to many hours of enjoyment with my Campfire Vega and Foster TH900 MKII.

Thank you for any help or tips on this matter

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #9,300 of 45,723
Hi

Just to further confirm, that is the bogus/scam seller that I have mentioned several times. If you see a seller asking you to contact them by e-mail, don't do it. At best you will never receive a response or the item. At worst they will scam you. 

This scammer seems to have hacked many seller accounts, so many of their sale posts look legitimate and have many favorable ratings. Look a little closer and you'll see that they often originally were small sellers in specialized items, not selling mass electronics. This scammer also often states that the items were on display in their store. If it's a third-party seller, not fulfilled by Amazon, and the price looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is a scam. They do sometimes drive Amazon's prices down though, that's the only upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back