SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #5,207 of 45,723
I have an NW-WM1a.  It does not display cover art for a few of my DSD and AIFF files.  All of the files come from HDTracks or from Acoustic Sounds.  The cover art displayed correctly on my DP-X1 and in JRiver Music Center.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #5,208 of 45,723
Meanwhile in my house

Aarrghhhh

Well, if you can get somebody to turn it on and start playing the songs that it comes with, on repeat, plugged into power, and any earphone plugged in, you'll be able to get some burn in started, so you are just being disciplined in not touching it while it burns in.  The enforced wait removes temptation, and makes the eventual enjoyment that much greater.  All part of a larger plan.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #5,209 of 45,723

I have an NW-WM1a.  It does not display cover art for a few of my DSD and AIFF files.  All of the files come from HDTracks or from Acoustic Sounds.  The cover art displayed correctly on my DP-X1 and in JRiver Music Center.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

The file extension of DSD files are .dff ?

My walkman won't work well with .dff as no cover art and tags (but my AK240 works)
so I did use the TEAC's TASCAM Hi-Res Editor for a quick convert to .dsf
http://tascam-ca.com/product/hi-res_editor/

for the aiff files, maybe you can try to use the Media Go to wipe out the cover art then add it again
also delete the file in your walkman and use Media Go to import again 

Hope it helps

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #5,210 of 45,723
Thanks for your reply.  The files are dsf.  What is really odd is the most of the dsf files display the artwork correctly, but one album does not display it.  But when I look at that same album in JRiver the artwork displays.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #5,211 of 45,723
They will continue to improve until 450 hours or so. Single-ended will not do it justice, seriously and literally. At least do yourself a favor and buy TRRS 3.5 cables, or wait until you can find the 4.4mm balanced.

I didn't expect single ended to sound as good as it did, so I can only imagine the balanced will sound pretty good actually.  I don't plan on listening to the LCD-2 through the WM1A too often (I'm waiting for my CIEM's to be delivered still), but once the 4.4mm balanced cables are available at cable makers I'll probably pick one up for them.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #5,212 of 45,723
Anyone can give impression for Andromeda on WM1A?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #5,214 of 45,723
Dec 2, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #5,217 of 45,723
Today I must be at ticketing hall at 11am and the flight shall depart at 14:30 today, I will go earlier as we are like 300 pissed passengers

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #5,218 of 45,723
  Thanks for your reply.  The files are dsf.  What is really odd is the most of the dsf files display the artwork correctly, but one album does not display it.  But when I look at that same album in JRiver the artwork displays.

Any luck using the Media Go?

Add your music folder directory to Media Go so you can edit the album art and sync with your walkman.

Be sure to un-tick this option in the advance tab if you are using other software to organize your library.

Quote:

Congrats!  The listening model is pretty sweet sounding and is the tune that I preferred out of the 3 preset sounds of the MH2 line up.  

Thanks! 
I tried both 3 of them and listening model seems better with most of the songs I have, mostly anime song and PC game theme from I'VE sound and elements garden.
Monitor model is good specially while I listen to songs performed by Suara or Lia, but still lack that "dynamic feel" and soundstage I had with the listening model.

Can't wait to pair it with WM-1Z 
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #5,219 of 45,723
  Thanks! 
I tried both 3 of them and listening model seems better with most of the songs I have, mostly anime song and PC game theme from I'VE sound and elements garden.
Monitor model is good specially while I listen to songs performed by Suara or Lia, but still lack that "dynamic feel" and soundstage I had with the listening model.

Can't wait to pair it with WM-1Z 
beerchug.gif

LOL I've Sound, oldie. 
biggrin.gif

Just ear is taking orders for the specially tuned for WM1 model XJE-WM1 starting today, if only you waited a little bit more. 
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back