SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #5,221 of 45,723
  What are the prices expected to be for that? And I assume you'd have to walk in to the Aoyama store in Tokyo to place an order?

https://ers-sony.secure.force.com/SEvent/pageEventDetailEVT?e=a2O5F000000w4ipUAA&p=%E9%8A%80%E5%BA%A7
You'll have to get the impression done at Tokyo Hearing Center at Aoyama, then place the order at the Sony Ginza store.

Currently seems to be a very limited run.  Also as this is fix tuned model so it's cheaper than the MH1 full custom, but still at 250,000yen. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #5,222 of 45,723
Today I must be at ticketing hall at 11am and the flight shall depart at 14:30 today, I will go earlier as we are like 300 pissed passengers

Can you get the 1a sent to the hotel? It could become a silver lining to this little cloud 
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #5,223 of 45,723

LOL I've Sound, oldie. 
biggrin.gif

Just ear is taking orders for the specially tuned for WM1 model XJE-WM1 starting today, if only you waited a little bit more. 
wink.gif

I'VE Sound 
beerchug.gif

15 years has passed and their first album "regret" is still my all time favorite. 

Yep... If the WM1 release a bit earlier or I visit Japan a bit later, will try out the WM1 tuning model for sure 
redface.gif

https://ers-sony.secure.force.com/SEvent/pageEventDetailEVT?e=a2O5F000000w4ipUAA&p=%E9%8A%80%E5%BA%A7
You'll have to get the impression done at Tokyo Hearing Center at Aoyama, then place the order at the Sony Ginza store.

Currently seems to be a very limited run.  Also as this is fix tuned model so it's cheaper than the MH1 full custom, but still at 250,000yen. 
biggrin.gif

Seems like a very limited release as they only taking order during 16-18/Dec
almost impossible for foreigners to have one of those limited edition...

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #5,224 of 45,723

biggrin.gif

Thanks, I'll consider it the next time I'm in town. I'm actually more keen on it for being a fixed tuning model, vs the fully custom model, because I'm a bit uneasy about having so much input in the final voicing of such a premium IEM. I'm not a sound engineer, I prefer to leave it to the professionals 
tongue.gif

I'd be curious to give it a try the next time I'm in Tokyo, I expect they would have demo units available to test at Aoyama? Hope the run isn't over by the time I visit (either December or March next year, currently).

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #5,225 of 45,723
  Thanks, I'll consider it the next time I'm in town. I'm actually more keen on it for being a fixed tuning model, vs the fully custom model, because I'm a bit uneasy about having so much input in the final voicing of such a premium IEM. I'm not a sound engineer, I prefer to leave it to the professionals 
tongue.gif

I'd be curious to give it a try the next time I'm in Tokyo, I expect they would have demo units available to test at Aoyama? Hope the run isn't over by the time I visit (either December or March next year, currently).

Unlike the UE PRM series where it is more of a DIY approach, Matsuo-san guides you through the entire tuning process. You tell him what you like, he'll dial it in for you, until you tell him you are satisfied.  So it is leaving it to the professionals. :wink:  (BTW, Matsuo-san headed and tuned the EX-1000 project which someone mentioned earlier.)   

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #5,226 of 45,723
tongue.gif

The WM-1 edition demo units available in Sony Ginza store only I believe.

Hearing center in Aoyama only have the 3 basic model (monitor, listening, club) demo available.
Be sure to take reservation by e-mail a month beforehand if you want to have impression.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #5,227 of 45,723

tongue.gif

Unlike the UE PRM series where it is more of a DIY approach, Matsuo-san guides you through the entire tuning process. You tell him what you like, he'll dial it in for you, until you tell him you are satisfied.  So it is leaving it to the professionals. :wink:  (BTW, Matsuo-san headed and tuned the EX-1000 project which someone mentioned earlier.)   

Do you know how long the process will take from a test to having the final iem to take home.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #5,229 of 45,723

Do you know how long the process will take from a test to having the final iem to take home.

Estimated delivery time around 4 months, told by the staff last month.

Thanks, I was expecting about a week or two, not for me i'm only there for 9 days, is this also for the custom ones.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #5,230 of 45,723

Thanks, I was expecting about a week or two, not for me i'm only there for 9 days, is this also for the custom ones.

Yes, and custom ones can visit their store for final fine tuning while you pickup your baby.

For preset model, you can ask them to mail it to some forwarding service like Tenso or jshopper. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #5,231 of 45,723

All Just ear are customs.  The only difference is whether you are getting the fixed sound version (MH2 series, or a number of the limited run tunes), or the full custom MH1. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #5,232 of 45,723

Yes, and custom ones can visit their store for final fine tuning while you pickup your baby.

For preset model, you can ask them to mail it to some forwarding service like Tenso or jshopper. 
wink_face.gif

Their store, do you mean the sony show room or they have a dedicated just ear store. I will have to check this out, many iem don't work with me, they just fall out, ones like EX 700, the current H3, Z5 and the new XBA is a no go, thats why I only have the XBA 3, XBA 300, EX600, EX800 and I will picking up a pair of EX1000.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #5,233 of 45,723

Their store, do you mean the sony show room or they have a dedicated just ear store. I will have to check this out, many iem don't work with me, they just fall out, ones like EX 700, the current H3, Z5 and the new XBA is a no go, thats why I only have the XBA 3, XBA 300, EX600, EX800 and I will picking up a pair of EX1000.

The "Tokyo Hearing Care Center" in Aoyama 
wink_face.gif

they are the only justear store in Japan.

Some Sony store has demo unit but you still need to go to Aoyama for impression.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #5,234 of 45,723

Yeah, I've read about the process, more like I don't trust myself to get the best result :p But yeah, I'd much rather go with a pre tuned model that I like.

The WM-1 edition demo units available in Sony Ginza store only I believe.

Hearing center in Aoyama only have the 3 basic model (monitor, listening, club) demo available.
Be sure to take reservation by e-mail a month beforehand if you want to have impression.

Thanks, I'll keep the reservation requirement in mind, I hadn't thought it was necessary until you mentioned it. How long ahead did you need to book your session?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back