SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #5,191 of 45,723
Maybe the next models. I'm kinda surprised that they went with the wm port whereas their cheaper models have micro USB.
TBH I haven't hear people talk about the WM port, what do you think about it, I kind of hate using it, even for my ZX2 when buying it, it did made me think twice, back then I'd rather they used a micro USB, and for the 1A and 1Z, I'd prefer the USB type C, it is the age of the type C whiles the micro USB will slowly fade.

Just like my ZX2, it makes me carry a extra cable or a micro USB to WM port adapter around if it is needed, lucky the long playing times makes up for that and hopefully the 1A would last me about a week in between charge just like my current ZX 2.

At least it reached one in one piece and not one peso.:mushroom:
Meanwhile in my house

Aarrghhhh

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #5,192 of 45,723
Maybe the next models. I'm kinda surprised that they went with the wm port whereas their cheaper models have micro USB.
TBH I haven't hear people talk about the WM port, what do you think about it, I kind of hate using it, even for my ZX2 when buying it, it did made me think twice, back then I'd rather they used a micro USB, and for the 1A and 1Z, I'd prefer the USB type C, it is the age of the type C whiles the micro USB will slowly fade.

Just like my ZX2, it makes me carry a extra cable or a micro USB to WM port adapter around if it is needed, lucky the long playing times makes up for that and hopefully the 1A would last me about a week in between charge just like my current ZX 2.

Do you mean the NW-A37, A36 or A35, they are still WM ports.

Something like this is a alternation to the cheaper WM with AK4452 chipset.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #5,193 of 45,723

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #5,194 of 45,723
whoch website do you recomend to import in europe the non capped version of the 1A?

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #5,195 of 45,723
  whoch website do you recomend to import in europe the non capped version of the 1A?

Try AJ, pricejapan, ebay or amazon. Best to ask before you place a order.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #5,196 of 45,723
Meanwhile in my house

Aarrghhhh

Damn man !! this is cruel 
redface.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #5,197 of 45,723
I got in on the Audeze B-Stock sale for the LCD-2 so I decided to see how they did through my WM1A (with about 140hrs on the single ended) and they are much better than I expected honestly.  I have sound at about 95 +/- a few on high gain and honestly I'm quite happy with the sound, i'm pretty impressed.  It's not quite as good as my Lampizator Euforia into MicroZOTL but it isn't that far off.  The more I use my WM1A the more I like it, it's sounding better and better all the time.  Every time I pick it up it makes me think of the Leica M7 I used to own, man I miss that camera...

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #5,201 of 45,723
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #5,204 of 45,723
  I got in on the Audeze B-Stock sale for the LCD-2 so I decided to see how they did through my WM1A (with about 140hrs on the single ended) and they are much better than I expected honestly.  I have sound at about 95 +/- a few on high gain and honestly I'm quite happy with the sound, i'm pretty impressed.  It's not quite as good as my Lampizator Euforia into MicroZOTL but it isn't that far off.  The more I use my WM1A the more I like it, it's sounding better and better all the time.  Every time I pick it up it makes me think of the Leica M7 I used to own, man I miss that camera...

would a volume-cap unit be able to reach 95?

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #5,205 of 45,723

They will continue to improve until 450 hours or so. Single-ended will not do it justice, seriously and literally. At least do yourself a favor and buy TRRS 3.5 cables, or wait until you can find the 4.4mm balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back