SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #5,236 of 45,723
Thanks, I'll keep the reservation requirement in mind, I hadn't thought it was necessary until you mentioned it. How long ahead did you need to book your session?

I booked a month ahead.

Fill in the form in the following link and ask for a reservation with time, date and model number you are going to order,
they will confirm you the day after.

Btw, be sure to write in Japanese as they may reject your reservation if you can't speak Japanese. 
frown.gif

https://tokyohearing.jp/contact/

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #5,237 of 45,723

I booked a month ahead.

Fill in the form in the following link and ask for a reservation with time, date and model number you are going to order,

Btw, be sure to write in Japanese as they may reject your reservation if you can't speak Japanese. 
frown.gif

Thanks! That part about Japanese is a bit worrying though, might have to ask a friend to accompany me >.<

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,238 of 45,723

Thanks, I'll keep the reservation requirement in mind, I hadn't thought it was necessary until you mentioned it. How long ahead did you need to book your session?

I booked a month ahead.

frown.gif

Thanks for the information, I will consider it once it get nearer to my visit date to japan.

I would like to confirm this. I fill this form to arrange a date and time for a test, they will pass me the results/or some other detail, i then take this to sony ginza and pay, then provide a tenso shipping address.

Or if i consider the XJE-MH2, can I buy that at the tokyo hearing care center there and then.

Do you know the cost of the MH2, also I see on just ear site, only ginza site does not provide a display model for testing, the other two locations has a test sample.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #5,239 of 45,723
is this the just ears thread ? glad  i found it

(pm guys , that's what we have them for)

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #5,240 of 45,723

Thanks for the information, I will consider it once it get nearer to my visit date to japan.

I would like to confirm this. I fill this form to arrange a date and time for a test, they will pass me the results/or some other detail, i then take this to sony ginza and pay, then provide a tenso shipping address.

Or if i consider the XJE-MH2, can I buy that at the tokyo hearing care center there and then.

Do you know the cost of the MH2, also I see on just ear site, only ginza site does not provide a display model for testing, the other two locations has a test sample.

From my understanding, the WM1Z tuning model (XJE-MHWM1) is an "event only" item, which you need to have the impression done at the Tokyo Hearing Care Center beforehand. So fill out the form and state that you want to order XJE-MHWM1, go to Aoyama for your impression. Later you attend the event held at Ginza Sony store from 16th to 18th Dec, make the payment and provide a Tenso address should be fine.
If you want to try the demo of XJE-MHWM1, just go to the Ginza Sony store and no reservation needed. Demo just available starting from 28th Nov.

If you consider XJE-MH1 and MH2, just fill in the form with day, time and model number you wish to order.
You will have your impression and tuning (if order MH1) all done at the same day.
If you want to try the demo of XJE-MH2 (available in 3 kind of preset tuning), just go to the Tokyo Hearing Care Center in Aoyama and no reservation needed. 

Cost of the XJE-MH2 is YEN 200,000 with impression fee of YEN 9,000. then adding the sales tax total YEN 225,720 

Sample also available in nagoya and osaka, but only available for order while event.

Oops, sorry.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #5,241 of 45,723

I never said $200, YOU DID, don't invert stuff. Re-read your last posts on this matter. The battery used in the 1A/Z will still be available in years to come or at least a derivative. The local repair shop probably has gone as you have pointed out although they still exist somewhere if only you look hard enough. You are not bound by law to use Sony. It's a simple matter of buying the battery and soldering two wires. How many people here who own the 1Z will have it as their main to go player in three years time? I feel confident in saying virtually no one. Ever had somebody here say that their found their dream system and will now no longer linger on this forum. Never happened and will never happen. People here are chasing that elusive carrot that keeps moving and isn't a carrot at all. Buy a player and enjoy the music.....remember the music!! I would never buy the 1Z as the SQ is too close to it's brother and in my opinion not worth it, but that's me. Other people see it differently and that's cool too. If you feel the battery or Sony is the issue then move on to another brand. Fiio and the soon to be released DX200 have models which allow battery swapping on the fly.

Your response was a couple hundred dollar, last time I checked a couple hundred is $200.00 chucklehead.  I also never said that Sony won't have the parts I only said it will cost several hundred dollars to get an out of warranty battery replacement and that is my only point.  I speak from 15 years of experience in the field selling Sony products and you are going on supposition alone.

I have no problem spending money on high quality audio products but only where it makes sense.  I will spend $3200.00 on home equipment where I can listen to music in a pristine environment.  I will not spend $3200.00 on something battery powered.  Your $3200.00 before tax and shipping DAP will eventually need a new battery.  So you will continue to incur costs for as long as you own your unit not to mention the risk of damage if you drop a 1LB DAP.  My $3200.00 investment in home audio equipment will serve me alot longer with no future costs incurred.  

Nothing wrong with having a little common sense.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #5,243 of 45,723
Nope, if I can find the battery pack, I can have the job done in 10 minutes

So have you actually opened one of these WM DAP's in 10 minutes without damaging it to prove your boast?   Can you post a video on youtube showing how you opened one of these WM Daps in 10 minutes without damaging it?  Because I would love to see it.

Even if you do manage to get it open good luck finding the battery pack that will fit with the correct specs. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #5,244 of 45,723

Considering these are a Justears model made specifically for the WM1A/Z, what's the problem? I think it's as relevant as any cables or accessories we discuss as well. I know I might be interested in getting one, but don't know if I can make it in time.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,245 of 45,723
Hi guys.

Do you know how to take screenshot by our WM1Z/A ?
I got 1 screen shot in my root folder, but how happen??

i don know...

i tried push [power button] + [Vorume up] or something, but couldnt any take screen shot.

If you guys knows how to take screen shot , plz let me know.

thank you.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #5,246 of 45,723
Hi guys.

Do you know how to take screenshot by our WM1Z/A ?
I got 1 screen shot in my root folder, but how happen??

i don know...

i tried push [power button] + [Vorume up] or something, but couldnt any take screen shot.

If you guys knows how to take screen shot , plz let me know.

thank you.

Interesting, I never thought to try it. Will let you know if I figure it out by accident :)

Also I was looking up the premium gold faceplate to see what it looked like, think I stumbled on your unboxing video :p

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #5,247 of 45,723
  Talk to gerelmx about his warranty experience on his imported ZX100.  It cost him $150.00 for in warranty service on his ZX100.  

The 1Z is about 4 x the price of the ZX100 so figure 4 x the insurance both ways.  
The 1Z is heavier so shipping will cost more.  
Sony will charge labor for the battery swap out of warranty, add the cost of the battery.  
Then add the return shipping from Sony and maybe a handling charge.    

The only costs you will know for sure are your original shipping charge and what you paid for insurance.  Every other cost after that is unknown.  How much does Sony charge for labor,  how much will the insurance cost be shipping from Sony, does Sony charge a handling and repackaging fee for shipping?  Once Sony has your unit if you want it back you have to pay whatever Sony charges you for the whole out of warranty service.  Does Sony make a profit on out of warranty service, I would say yes.

Maybe 1/2 of 1A is a little high and I said it more for dramatic affect but it will cost you a few hundred dollars.   This was also based on a worst case scenario where someone say lived in North America and had to ship the unit to somewhere in Asia.  Did they have to ship it to the seller in Asia and then they shipped it to Sony increasing the shipping cost?  Warranty service on an imported Sony product is murky enough, but out of warranty service on an imported product god knows what to expect.

The problem with out of warranty service is Sony can charge you whatever they want and you will have no idea if you are being overcharged. I always try to get an extended warranty on portable electronic items over a few hundred dollars.  That way I can avoid the unknown costs associated with out of warranty service

Your above statement in red so you can see it. You also state that you inflated it for dramatic affect so don't think of pulling the old semantic maneuver.
  Your response was a couple hundred dollar, last time I checked a couple hundred is $200.00 chucklehead.  I also never said that Sony won't have the parts I only said it will cost several hundred dollars to get an out of warranty battery replacement and that is my only point.  I speak from 15 years of experience in the field selling Sony products and you are going on supposition alone.

I have no problem spending money on high quality audio products but only where it makes sense.  I will spend $3200.00 on home equipment where I can listen to music in a pristine environment.  I will not spend $3200.00 on something battery powered.  Your $3200.00 before tax and shipping DAP will eventually need a new battery.  So you will continue to incur costs for as long as you own your unit not to mention the risk of damage if you drop a 1LB DAP.  My $3200.00 investment in home audio equipment will serve me alot longer with no future costs incurred.  

Nothing wrong with having a little common sense.

You seem fixated on platforms, if you don't like the so called future costs of portability then don't buy the Sony 1A/Z or any Dap for that matter, simple. The same way if you don't like the future (and current) costs of running a car then take public transport. It's horses for courses although to suggest that it's a matter of ''having a little common sense'' is incorrect and disrespectful to those who think otherwise not to mention have different needs to yours. We get it, you don't like the cost of these things, no need to lecture people about it. Move on and I do just fine without the name calling.

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #5,248 of 45,723
my flight got canceled the pilot said we have an electrical problem and we waited like 50 minutes at the tarmac and then we had to disembark, making things worse I had to pay the hotel room because they didn't reach an agreement with air Berlin

This is pilot code for he forgot his headphones at home.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #5,249 of 45,723
Hi i just bought a WM1A (european version) to compare with the opus 2 in a review.
I know it s a ridiculous excuse .

And I want to know where I could buy the sony balanced cable for my iems. (Andromeda and the new CA's iems).

By the way absolutly no problem with the volume. I listen around 40 and 60.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #5,250 of 45,723
Hi i just bought a WM1A (european version) to compare with the opus 2 in a review.
I know it s a ridiculous excuse .

And I want to know where I could buy the sony balanced cable for my iems. (Andromeda and the new CA's iems).

By the way absolutly no problem with the volume. I listen around 40 and 60.
hello 40 and 60? What iems you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back