SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,352 of 45,723
I couldn't agree more. If you want streaming obviously this is not the DAP for you. Nothing we can do about that.

Moving along from that subject and on to another... What are peoples thoughts of the aesthetics? Personally, I'm not a fan of the fake leather look on the rear. It looked good on the zx1 and zx2 but it's just not doing it for me on the new Walkmans. I still think the zx1 was the best looking DAP ever made by anyone but that's just me.

I'm not really a fan of the dual HP outs on the top of the player either. I think it would look much better just having the balanced out but I understand why they need both. If my ZX1 had the same power as the wm1 and expandable storage I'd be in heaven, but I'm still contemplating if I really want to buy this Walkman. If it sounds better than the pha3 through balanced then I will consider it, but the only thing I'm loving about the Walkman from an aesthetic pov is those vu metre and eq graphics. But I'd definitely buy the 1a in a heartbeat if it came in naked aluminium and single output. I don't mind having to buy new cables.

Did you inform the Sony about the very valuable input about whatever you scribbled above? I am sure they are very interested with very original design ideas as aluminium etc, more than WiFi debate for sure
Or can we say "it is gold or black if you want another color just take your business elsewhere and leave us alone"
Or would you consider this answer rude to someone's opinion, specially when it is yours

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,353 of 45,723
Only as many as Zx2 ? Or am I missing something else

Yes the same as ZX2 and exactly the number that is needed to operate it

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #1,354 of 45,723
There are no new Walkman in the wild yet.  Sony will just take the company line and say the 1A is an improvement over the ZX2.  You might need to wait till October to hear the truth on that...

Yes I agree there are non in the wild, although what bothers me, or more interested than bothered I guess, is that people are listening to these walkmans and are not commenting on any improvements.
I listen to my zx2 every day, if you have new something better to trial, I would note pretty quickly the sonic differences, especial if they where better, or is it there to similar to point out?
I kind of hope this is the case, and I won't need to update. And I get to keep my Wi-Fi and android, lol.

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,355 of 45,723
Yes I agree there are non in the wild, although what bothers me, or more interested than bothered I guess, is that people are listening to these walkmans and are not commenting on any improvements.
I listen to my zx2 every day, if you have new something better to trial, I would note pretty quickly the sonic differences, especial if they where better, or is it there to similar to point out?
I kind of hope this is the case, and I won't need to update. And I get to keep my Wi-Fi and android, lol.

No all Asia us burning WiFi daps and getting new One! We needed to purify our golden daps:) zx2 + k10 + tidalis waiting for to go to head to head with new shiny golden boy:)

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,356 of 45,723
Sep 10, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,357 of 45,723
they could have put the hold and the power buttons in the left side and the playback control as they are

Lol, now you are picking on the buttons arrangements ? Common, seriously.....it would cause a lot of confusion for Walkman folks.

They look perfectly just fine....the only thing that is not fine is the pricing

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,358 of 45,723
No all Asia us burning WiFi daps and getting new One! We needed to purify our golden daps:) zx2 + k10 + tidalis waiting for to go to head to head with new shiny golden boy:)

Sony are sometimes very strange, (and go down a bad path on purpose for no good reason, there just Sony and they can make bad business decision after bad business decision, and in my opinion. Need to follow what the world needs very carefully right now, they are treading on egg shells right now.

After all I'm actually quite surprised Sony didn't try to remove the micro SD on this new model as well. Lol

But at a time when Apple have dropped the headphone socket, and are pushing streaming services, this is pure craziness and utter aragance to remove any chance of adopting some streaming services. (Like shooting ones self in the foot) Apple are laughing about this right now Sony. Why not Cater for the average streaming service user, it wouldn't have hurt your product.

Oh well some companies will never learn till it's too late. End of rant
I hope it's not too late for the Walkman, this will set it back for years now. IMO

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,359 of 45,723
Well, you could also say that it's even crazier and more arrogant of Apple to drop the headphone socket.

Yours truly,
Cpt. Obvious 
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,360 of 45,723
Well, you could also say that it's even crazier and more arrogant of Apple to drop the headphone socket.

Yours truly,
Cpt. Obvious :p

Haha, I was busy about 24hrs ago doing that over in the fruit camp, however unfortunately Apple have the market buy the balls, and can also do crazy stuff without instant consequences,(people have been brain washed) But this will change everything with no 3.5mm socket, people might wake up LOL.

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,361 of 45,723
Haha, I was busy about 24hrs ago doing that over in the fruit camp, however unfortunately Apple have the market buy the balls, and can also do crazy stuff without instant consequences,(people have been brain washed) But this will change everything with no 3.5mm socket, people might wake up LOL.

unfortunately the matrix has won

too many robot/batteries people all around us 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,363 of 45,723
If zx100 was a good source for my Z5 then the WM1A would do way better source.

Now with my zx100 sold my phone struggles with the z5

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #1,364 of 45,723
I am only using zx2 half volume to drive my k10u with single end. I really doubt if there is considerable upgrade with wm1a.....Especially when everything is fine with smooth control in zx2 and also it has superb playback time

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,365 of 45,723
I am only using zx2 half volume to drive my k10u with single end. I really doubt if there is considerable upgrade with wm1a.....Especially when everything is fine with smooth control in zx2 and also it has superb playback time

Wow dude you need to have your hearing check, I can bearing pass the 10% volume on my zx2:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back