SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #13,861 of 45,723
Thanks LedZep.
I'm going to take a shot at try to convert and hope I don't ruin it.

I guess I was not paying attention to the issue of running balanced 4.4mm with existing IEM.

You won't I'm sure, just be careful trimming the wires as they are thin, if you were in the UK you could just send them to me if you got stuck.

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #13,862 of 45,723
I have a number of albums transferred from iTunes where the album art was not in the files but only in the iTunes database so it is missing. The Sony software has a function to find album art but just like iTunes it does not store it in the files but in it's own database. If I manually find a picture and embed it in the files the Sony software does not detect this and still shows no album art. I have to remove the album and reimport it

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #13,863 of 45,723
So one thing I found in the new Sony Software is that you have to go in the settings to turn on find album info and artwork etc because by default its shut off it looks like.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #13,865 of 45,723
What's the benefit of using the software over tagging/ album art yourself and drag and drop ?

The single most important killer feature of using a media library software is smart playlist - where you can generate playlists base on a set of criteria and have it automatically updates itself.

For example I have a playlist where I bring back songs which I rated highly but haven't listened to for more than a month, and a playlist where it is newly imported/ripped songs which are not rated (which probably means either I haven't listened to those songs or haven't heard them enough). I have individual smart playlists dedicated to my favourite artists - so any time I obtain new music by that artist the songs gets automatically added to the playlist, and when I plug in my device it gets synced across - I don't even need to drag and drop. I have a playlist for just keeping track of DSD files, another for Hi-res etc, and every one of them is self-automated and generated. Ever since iTunes introduced these features literally decade ago I simply can't go back to drag and drop as it can't do any of these things. Drag and drop is only good if you manage like 100 albums - it's simply not adequate when your music collection goes into hundreds of gigabytes.

Computer software are simply way better/faster/efficient than us humans when it comes to automatically organising and sorting through large amounts of data by a set of rules.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #13,867 of 45,723
Lyrics --
How do you guys add lyrics to flac files? I have tried using mp3tag with explanations I found on the net, but the 1Z claims no lyrics are found...
Your help is appreciated.
Ofir

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #13,868 of 45,723
The single most important killer feature of using a media library software is smart playlist - where you can generate playlists base on a set of criteria and have it automatically updates itself.

For example I have a playlist where I bring back songs which I rated highly but haven't listened to for more than a month, and a playlist where it is newly imported/ripped songs which are not rated (which probably means either I haven't listened to those songs or haven't heard them enough). I have individual smart playlists dedicated to my favourite artists - so any time I obtain new music by that artist the songs gets automatically added to the playlist, and when I plug in my device it gets synced across - I don't even need to drag and drop. I have a playlist for just keeping track of DSD files, another for Hi-res etc, and every one of them is self-automated and generated. Ever since iTunes introduced these features literally decade ago I simply can't go back to drag and drop as it can't do any of these things. Drag and drop is only good if you manage like 100 albums - it's simply not adequate when your music collection goes into hundreds of gigabytes.

Computer software are simply way better/faster/efficient than us humans when it comes to automatically organising and sorting through large amounts of data by a set of rules.

Heh heh I really am getting old that all seems a young person's thing, I have over 2TB of music I've collected ripped etc over the years and have about 100 all time classics on my players the rest of the space gets changed on a regular basis with new stuff or stuff i haven't got round to hearing. Does sound great idea though !

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #13,869 of 45,723
Lyrics --
How do you guys add lyrics to flac files? I have tried using mp3tag with explanations I found on the net, but the 1Z claims no lyrics are found...
Your help is appreciated.
Ofir

Have a go with .lrc files. They should be the same name as the track file they refer to (but with an lrc file extension), be stored in the same directory and should follow these rules:

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #13,870 of 45,723
What's the benefit of using the software over tagging/ album art yourself and drag and drop ?

I'm with you on this. I gave up using specific software to manage my music after iTunes left it in a steaming heap! Never again!

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #13,871 of 45,723
Let's see with mymy library lol 49600+ Flac, mix of both 16 and 24bit

THAT is a LOT of music!
Thats got to be in excess of 4,000 albums! I thought my 9,200 tracks was a fair size - your library eats that much for breakfast :nerd:

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #13,872 of 45,723
Have a go with .lrc files. They should be the same name as the track file they refer to (but with an lrc file extension), be stored in the same directory and should follow these rules:

Do you know any good web to download LRC files for songs?? Thanks!

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #13,873 of 45,723
Do you know any good web to download LRC files for songs?? Thanks!

Well, try googling: song title lyric lrc file.

You'll probably find a mixed bag, with some good files and some plain wrong files. One thing I can almost guarantee: the time indexes will probably be incorrect. The other way is to build your own.....

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #13,875 of 45,723
Well, try googling: song title lyric lrc file.

You'll probably find a mixed bag, with some good files and some plain wrong files. One thing I can almost guarantee: the time indexes will probably be incorrect. The other way is to build your own.....

Hi res karaoke ? I need to get back in my tardis and hit 1980 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back