SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #13,232 of 45,723
Thought of some improvement while listening to my wm tonight, nothing about sq, just UX. Not sure if some of you would thought the same...

I love wm series button, they are built wonderfully. Now, if I could delegate a default action to long pressing "play" button, for example (wm say out current song name; or put current track to bookmark / playlist; or simply toggle direct source on/off)...

Would it be a great idea? I have habit of putting creating playlist or bookmark on the fly but it took me lots of effort repeating the steps to add a song through UI.

The idea inspired by using Sony's MDR-1000x where long pressing buttons could do different things.

What you guys think?

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #13,234 of 45,723
Nah, I prefer the way it is simplified, just exactly like this. I don't like it staying in my pocket and acting like a posessed being....LOL

It was a serious listening session before bed haha. That is the time I figure out some underrated song from an album. but true, it is always nice to be simple, no hidden features, no need to read user manual. I'm just being lazy haha.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #13,238 of 45,723
What is a good price for a used WM1Z nowadays?

Cant in all honesty remember ever seeing one for sale secondhand - other than open box items on Amazon.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #13,243 of 45,723
I have 1 question, a friend just bought 1a Europe version but has been hack to uncapped it, will he lose the uncapped if he upgrade to new firmware, it currently on 1.02 thanks

No upgrading fw does not affect the bios hack

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #13,245 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back