SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #1,096 of 45,723
Sony is starting to listen to the market. If you wanted the Zx2 to stay ? Just say so
biggrin.gif

Anyways, the 1Z with gold look so awesome, and the technology behind it is even more awesome

The ZX2 will not stay as the WM-1A will be the same price and Sony won't have two DAP's at the same price point. Also if Sony wanted a DAP with android and wifi they would have included these on one of the two new DAP's at least as the ZX2 is getting outdated with a very old version of android.  Finally keeping both the ZX2 will take sales away from the 1A and my guess is Sony makes more profit on the 1A than the ZX2. So from a pure financial standpoint Sony will drop the 1A.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,097 of 45,723
  The ZX2 will not stay as the WM-1A will be the same price and Sony won't have two DAP's at the same price point. Also if Sony wanted a DAP with android and wifi they would have included these on one of the two new DAP's at least as the ZX2 is getting outdated with a very old version of android.  Finally keeping both the ZX2 will take sales away from the 1A and my guess is Sony makes more profit on the 1A than the ZX2. So from a pure financial standpoint Sony will drop the 1A.

Sorry my bad meant to say drop the ZX2

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,098 of 45,723
Okey so I buy two 128 GB microsd cards for $120.00 including tax (yes I can get them that cheap) and now I have 288 GB storage and it is still cheaper  than the ZX2. Or I can get two 200 GB microsd cards for 432 GB (confirmed XDP-100R can handle in specs) and cost about the same as the ZX2 by itself.  I can do this all day my friend.

Outside of battery life there is nothing that the ZX2 can offer over the XDP-100R. 

Unless one prefers the sound of the one over the other

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,100 of 45,723
  you are wrong with Onkyo DP-X1 but I can not say about Fiio X7 because I do not have one but I use DP -X1 with balanced out JH Angie II and have black background and of course anything that have no noise at all when you use the DAP in airplane mode and wifi is a must have option in 2016 .I agree with you on  ZX2 and it is also good sounding without any noice even when the wifi is on,thanks

Well I personally tested the Onkyo with Spotify, and there was a very appearent hiss on silent parts of the tracks. I tried Wi-Fi closed, balanced out, changing the sound settings but the problem stayed there. Maybe it received an update? Not sure.

Anyway I'm glad you're fine with your DAP.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,102 of 45,723
Depends on how sensitive a person gears is, or how sensitive a person is or both. Be glad that you are happy with your, and unfortjnately, people who is not happy will have to keep on upgrading and spending more

I think true and maybe IEM designs now, i remmeber past sony DAPs and IEMs were prone to hiss like cobras... now with my A17 and now ZX100 and XBA-H3 and XBA-A3 no Hiss at all.

n yes i sometimes get hiss but i recognze is the tape equiment used to record or something in the recording process

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #1,103 of 45,723
I am super curious on the noise floor on these two DAP, especially balanced.  If its noisy, all the wi-fi people will go bananas...

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,104 of 45,723
  I am super curious on the noise floor on these two DAP, especially balanced.  If its noisy, all the wi-fi people will go bananas...

Did some one measure the noise floor of ZX2? if yes, it was good or bad? Maybe 1A will have the same or improved Noise floor

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #1,105 of 45,723
Trying to figure out how heavy it will be to walk with this player @ 465 gr.
Looo Paw Gold is 280 gr and is not comfortable to walk with in the pocket.
However it has been officially announced that power output is for bala 250 mW @16 ohm for balanced and 60 mW @16 ohm for normal single ended.
Still weak compared with others but the most powerful Walkman yet. :thumbsup:

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #1,108 of 45,723

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,110 of 45,723
Trying to figure out how heavy it will be to walk with this player @ 465 gr.
Looo Paw Gold is 280 gr and is not comfortable to walk with in the pocket.
However it has been officially announced that power output is for bala 250 mW @16 ohm for balanced and 60 mW @16 ohm for normal single ended.
Still weak compared with others but the most powerful Walkman yet. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me if the power output is even better than this DAP: http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUES/product_page_4.php
which has 3Vrms output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back