SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,126 of 45,723
Unless one prefers the sound of the one over the other

I have heard both and I find they both sound really good and very similar.  The Pioneer by virtue of having more power at hand seems to have a bit more impact.  Other then that sound wise it is a toss up between them.  At least with my ears and headphones

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,127 of 45,723
  @fish1050 there is strike out to correct your post
biggrin.gif
 like this

Thanks I will do that next time

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #1,128 of 45,723
Trying to figure out how heavy it will be to walk with this player @ 465 gr.
Looo Paw Gold is 280 gr and is not comfortable to walk with in the pocket.
However it has been officially announced that power output is for bala 250 mW @16 ohm for balanced and 60 mW @16 ohm for normal single ended.
Still weak compared with others but the most powerful Walkman yet. :thumbsup:

Well 465 grams is just over a pound so pretty darn heavy.  I guess you could also use it to do arm curls when you work out.  Hey Sony might have something here dumbbells that also play music pretty cool. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #1,129 of 45,723
Don't AccessoryJack handle warranties by dealing with their local Sony? Generally I agree with avoiding grey imports. However, in some cases there may be good reasons to avoid the local product, such as the EU-capped versions, or when there is no local product at all for the foreseeable future. And since mighty Sony still operates like it's 1985 without global warranties and where Sony in country A has no clue about Sony products from country B, the best workaround is to find a dealership that can provide international sales and international warranty service, such as AJ. The experience may be a bit clunkier than what it could be if Sony did it right themselves, but they can't or won't. Places like AJ are kinda lika a modern GUI on top of the rusty old Sony business machine.
wink.gif

Here is a link to Sony warranties for out of country purchases.  The gist of it is they will honor an international warranty if you buy it in the foreign country and then bring it home.  I don't think it covers imported products.  That is why gerelmx1986 got charged for shipping both ways even though her ZX100 was still under warranty.  So you need to be aware of this when importing especially on something as expensive as the 1Z.  God knows what they will charge for two way shipping plus shipping insurance on a $3200.00 DAP.  Saving some on the imported price could actually cost you more in the long run even for something as simple as a battery replacement

https://www.sony-asia.com/section/warrantyinfo

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,131 of 45,723
Here is a link to Sony warranties for out of country purchases.  The gist of it is they will honor an international warranty if you buy it in the foreign country and then bring it home.  I don't think it covers imported products.  That is why gerelmx1986 got charged for shipping both ways even though her ZX100 was still under warranty.  So you need to be aware of this when importing especially on something as expensive as the 1Z.  God knows what they will charge for two way shipping plus shipping insurance on a $3200.00 DAP.  Saving some on the imported price could actually cost you more in the long run even for something as simple as a battery replacement

https://www.sony-asia.com/section/warrantyinfo

That is very true, and not to mention the potential of it being lost if you don't insure it to begin with :D

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #1,134 of 45,723

LO​L True I am a Guy not a lady

My apologies, I think I referred to you as her a few times in the A10 series forum but I don't remember getting corrected.  Not sure where I got that idea, maybe because you seem pretty smart and we all know women are smarter than men.  At least that is what my wife keeps telling me. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #1,135 of 45,723
  My apologies, I think I referred to you as her a few times in the A10 series forum but I don't remember getting corrected.  Not sure where I got that idea, maybe because you seem pretty smart and we all know women are smarter than men.  At least that is what my wife keeps telling me. 
biggrin.gif

if she a smart wife, she wouldn't let you buy neither of the Sony new DAP
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,136 of 45,723
bvng3540 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif  
biggrin.gif

LOL ​ yeah because he can apply the His & hers methodology (the wife always gets the cheapest one LOL A30 series and he gets the WM1A at least)

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,137 of 45,723
Quote: "The reason why Sony went with Walkman OS was due to Android having too much apps running on the back ground, and putting too much strains and draining on the system and battery."

That doesn't add up at all. When I read in the ZX2 thread, which is Android people go on and on about the excellent battery life so how much of a concern could this actually be? Sorry, for some reason my quote had the wrong sentence in it. This is what I was responding to.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #1,138 of 45,723

biggrin.gif

That is a given, basically if I wanted one of these DAP's she would need to get a deluxe trip to Paris.  She always gets the most expensive stuff because according to her, she is worth it.  God I love her so much... well most of the time.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,139 of 45,723

LOL ​ yeah because he can apply the His & hers methodology (the wife always gets the cheapest one LOL A30 series and he gets the WM1A at least)

Yes, but she gets to outlive him and perhaps spend all the money left over so she will still win!

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,140 of 45,723
  Quote: "The reason why Sony went with Walkman OS was due to Android having too much apps running on the back ground, and putting too much strains and draining on the system and battery."
That doesn't add up at all. When I read in the ZX2 thread, which is Android people go on and on about the excellent battery life so how much of a concern could this actually be? Sorry, for some reason my quote had the wrong sentence in it. This is what I was responding to.

No one will ever understand Sonian logic so don't bother trying, it will only give you a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back