SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #7,906 of 45,723
Where can i get the kimber cable and adapter from please? :)

Cable get from jaben.com.my

Adapter i am not sure but someone posted this in this thread months ago
Masao Kamikodai at E4UA is the guy who's doing it for me. You can email him ifoifo@gmail.com as he does adaptors too so you can use the Balanced mmcx kimber cable too.

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #7,907 of 45,723

Sorry mate, I hate to be the voice of reason but the WM1A is not 10 times better than the ZX2.

There are massively diminishing returns when it comes to TOTL DAPS and that is the case here. 

Unless you have disposable cash right now or you wanted to upgrade anyway then you will be fine sticking with your ZX2.

Please be aware of the hype train 
biggrin.gif

Crafty will it be ok if i meet you sometime so i can have a listen to your WM1A  i will bring my ZX2 along just to compare ..i live in london as well...i am not a west ham or spurs fan though 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,909 of 45,723
Just make sure that the jpg file itself is saved using the baseline option instead of the progressive option. I've had to open up a couple of the jpg files using photoshop just to re-save them using the baseline option to make them work on the WM1Z.

Oh, id hate saving jpeg inside the folders now,and why do most artworks work without that..
I don't know much about the baseline and progressive one,is this photoshop, i don't use one:thumbsup:
see my thread Walkman tips and trocks

basically this

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #7,910 of 45,723
Jan 21, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #7,911 of 45,723
see my thread Walkman tips and trocks

basically this

Oh,thanks dude, i don't think tagging software has that tho, i use mp3tag on Windows and some others on Linux

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #7,912 of 45,723
Oh,thanks dude, i don't think tagging software has that tho, i use mp3tag on Windows and some others on Linux

Actually the screenshot is Photoshop CS 6, i also use mp3Tag for bath editing and artwork embedding

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #7,913 of 45,723
Actually the screenshot is Photoshop CS 6, i also use mp3Tag for bath editing and artwork embedding

Yeah, don't know if it has some specific options for artwork embedding, point is its the same software,same resolution say 500x500,most ok, some dont show. Only new thing i tried was to find the artwork in mp3tag itself rather than getting one via Google search, shouldn't make a difference, but some 10 albums done in one go like that all show it:thumbsup:

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #7,914 of 45,723
After 60 hours burn in with my MDR-EX1000 only one conclusion to make...Stunning!
Played Thriller DSD 2.8Mhz...
My goodness...This unit sings!!!

I had the AK240SS before this, the Sony trounces it. Currently using the EX's single ended, i can only imagine them in balanced.

They sound excellent in balanced a worthy upgrade cable is a must

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #7,915 of 45,723
Any recommendations for a 4.4mm balanced that will do the EX1000 justice?

Even Sony's MMCX Kimble Kable was pretty good. Just that you need to get adapter for EX1000.

images

Yep, I also tried the kimble kable with the XBA 300, EX800 and the beyerdynamic Xelento, there is a great improvement in SQ.

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #7,916 of 45,723

Yeah, don't know if it has some specific options for artwork embedding, point is its the same software,same resolution say 500x500,most ok, some dont show. Only new thing i tried was to find the artwork in mp3tag itself rather than getting one via Google search, shouldn't make a difference, but some 10 albums done in one go like that all show it:thumbsup:

​I love mp3ta Handy especially the Replace function f,e to remove dumb information from some songs  Piano concertó No. 27 - Cadenzas by Robert Levin - :... to just trim the cadenzas by bla bla bla part in Speedy fashion

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #7,917 of 45,723

Just thought id stick my 2 cents worth in on the album art thing, all I do is open the picture of the album be it from Google or album art.org etc with paint and resize it to 500x500 and save as JPEG , I've tagged over 2000 albums with that method and mp3tag and everything works perfect.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #7,919 of 45,723
Yep, I also tried the kimble kable with the XBA 300, EX800 and the beyerdynamic Xelento, there is a great improvement in SQ.

Jaben out of stock :frowning2:

Why wouldn't it, it's probably the cheapest place to get the cable on earth, send them a email and ask them to notify you when they have stock, once stock is available, they go quickly, thats why i got it first even though I don't have the WM1A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back