SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #7,891 of 45,723
After ~72 hours of burn-in, my 1A is sounding fuller and livelier than it did at hour zero (maybe it's just my brain adjusting).

But this sluggish UI is ... . ...

Maybe your speed not adjusted to the sluggish UI yet :X

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #7,892 of 45,723
  Do yourself a favor, don't try the 1Z. I made that mistake, and it cost me 
tongue.gif

kinda scary how good everything sounds though, lowly BT headsets like beoplay h5, bragi dash/headphone,  jaybirds, even crappy mp3s, once u go 1z you never look back

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #7,894 of 45,723
  absolutely, it's only a year and with this build, it'll go quick

fill out form with serial number and upload jpg/pdf receipt

here's what you should see in your email

Thank you for registering your NWWM1Z Premium Walkman® with High-Resolution Audio (NW-WM1Z).
Here’s a summary:
Product model #: NWWM1Z
Serial #: XXXXXX <---YOUR SERIAL NUMBER
Purchase location: Other (received as a gift),
Purchase date: 2017-01-11

For some strange reason it wouldn't process it last night, but tried again tonight and went off without a hitch.  Thanks, again.

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #7,895 of 45,723
  any zx2 owners who upgraded to wm1a , how much better is wm1a ?

thanx 
biggrin.gif

I had the chance to test the 1a and the zx2 at a sony center shop (I have a friend who works there so I could listen and compare them for about an hour or so) and to my ears, they didn't sound different at all. The only difference I noticed was a louder sounding device, which was the wm1a. Both daps were EU capped by the way.

I used my Z5's for sound comparison.

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #7,896 of 45,723
After 60 hours burn in with my MDR-EX1000 only one conclusion to make...Stunning!
Played Thriller DSD 2.8Mhz...
My goodness...This unit sings!!!

I had the AK240SS before this, the Sony trounces it. Currently using the EX's single ended, i can only imagine them in balanced.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #7,897 of 45,723
Indeed. No matter what I try, MediaGo or no MediaGo, it just won't work in areliable fashion. Every software player I have shows the artwork, it even displays in MediaGo, but as soon as the files are transferred to the Walkman -- poof, gone! So annoying.

Edit: Format is .jpg and files are definitely not too large, btw.

Exactly, i have bith Linux and Windows, i am also a maniac when it comes to tagging, if i ever find out what it is I'll share, but one thing is clear, Sony will not address it:expressionless:

On a better note, The Dignis case is very expensive and it will scratch easily, but when it comes to quality and beauty there's no alternative.!

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #7,898 of 45,723
Exactly, i have bith Linux and Windows, i am also a maniac when it comes to tagging, if i ever find out what it is I'll share, but one thing is clear, Sony will not address it:expressionless:

On a better note, The Dignis case is very expensive and it will scratch easily, but when it comes to quality and beauty there's no alternative.!

Just make sure that the jpg file itself is saved using the baseline option instead of the progressive option. I've had to open up a couple of the jpg files using photoshop just to re-save them using the baseline option to make them work on the WM1Z.

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #7,899 of 45,723
After 60 hours burn in with my MDR-EX1000 only one conclusion to make...Stunning!
Played Thriller DSD 2.8Mhz...
My goodness...This unit sings!!!

I had the AK240SS before this, the Sony trounces it. Currently using the EX's single ended, i can only imagine them in balanced.

If it don't sings please sent your faulty unit for repair~ :D

You can't imagine them in balanced as they are out of your imagination :D

Its totally a different world~

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #7,901 of 45,723
Just make sure that the jpg file itself is saved using the baseline option instead of the progressive option. I've had to open up a couple of the jpg files using photoshop just to re-save them using the baseline option to make them work on the WM1Z.

Oh, id hate saving jpeg inside the folders now,and why do most artworks work without that..
I don't know much about the baseline and progressive one,is this photoshop, i don't use one:thumbsup:

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #7,902 of 45,723
Oh, id hate saving jpeg inside the folders now,and why do most artworks work without that..
I don't know much about the baseline and progressive one,is this photoshop, i don't use one:thumbsup:

Don't have to save the jpg inside the folders, just have to make sure that the jpgs used for the tagging are saved under the baseline option. I'm actually unsure as to whether this option is available in other photo editing software as I have only ever used Photoshop. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #7,903 of 45,723
  Has anyone tried the Miter case?

don't think i would consider it

bought one for the AK240, half the price of the standard leather case, very nice flat folding stand
however, noticeably thinner leather and the corner of the AK is exposed

i just looked at the miter for the 1z and again, the bottom right corner of the device is exposed....

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #7,904 of 45,723
Any recommendations for a 4.4mm balanced that will do the EX1000 justice?

Even Sony's MMCX Kimble Kable was pretty good. Just that you need to get adapter for EX1000.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back