SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #7,366 of 45,723
I would guess he's coming to the 1Z from AK players previously, hence the 2.5 to 4.4 adapter.

Ah I see. So he's plugging headphones into the 2.5mm socket. Couldn't tell it was a socket as the pics were quite dark.

Would undoubtedly be much cheaper and more practical to simply use a solid 4.4 - 2.5 adaptor plug, if one exists...

My experience with Kimber is that their cables - although well made - are not very flexible so that setup might be best used at home (or on a plane) where you won't need to move about too much.

Should be receiving my WM1A on Monday but I don't have any adaptors to use yet. I'll have to make do with my B&O H6 until I can get an adaptor for my LCD3. Other than that I'm not sure how I could connect the new player to a dac but it should be easy to see how once I get the box open.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #7,367 of 45,723
Other than that I'm not sure how I could connect the new player to a dac but it should be easy to see how once I get the box open.

If you mean you'd like to send a digital signal from the player to an external non-Sony DAC, you will need to get one of these:

www.sony.jp/walkman/products/WMC-NWH10/

From there you can use any compatible USB cable to connect to your DAC.

Edit: there is also a compatible dock that you could get, I suppose.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #7,368 of 45,723
  Here is to you Whitigir, here is my Kimber Axios AG 16 cores 4.4 to 2.5 adapter guarded by her majesty's 007, the Bond's personal carry the PPKS. Just so no one is coming to take the Axios away 
biggrin.gif

These are objects that will usually evoke strong emotional reaction. The 4.4 connector is genuine Pentaconn connector and the shell is replaced by the hand crafted precious Ebony wood giving the silver cable a stark contrast...Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony.....

Please also notice the end caps on both ends are hand made with 35 years old cured precious Ebony wood by Kimber master craftsman and both connectors are then set in place with precious resins. I don't have a macro lens to capture the beautiful sparkle on the silver cable but the dielectric is made of a new type of biocompound that does not change color.  The sound of this cable....hmm...what sound? there is no sound, just pure bliss from 4.4 out.  

Serial Number?  001.  This is Kimber's first Axios adapter custom made for yours truly. produce
The braiding, I was given a lesson on the special braiding.  Apparently, the braiding is carefully done by interlacing a negative and a positive conductor intertwine in an orthogonal angle to produce a certain organic sound

And also for you Jason Lord, eyes only.

this is a piece of art, the craftsmanship is amazing!!!

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #7,369 of 45,723
If anyone is interested in buying a 4.4mm male to 2.5mm female adapter for your balanced cable you can check out PW Audio. Solid built.

I tested it yesterday and ordered one by contacting them on their Facebook page and PayPal. HKD480 + shipping. My friend received his from order to hand in 2 weeks.

Tried loading the photo but can't upload any image here...you can check it out on their Facebook page.

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #7,370 of 45,723
guys now that i have the wm1a i need a good pair of iem
i was considering 
ibasso it03 250£
westone um pro 30 270£
es3  350£
xba z5 420£

i was thinking about the es3 more than to the others as i m not sure that the z5 are worth the extra cash

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #7,371 of 45,723
i was considering 
ibasso it03 250£
westone um pro 30 270£
es3  350£
xba z5 420£

i was thinking about the es3 more than to the others as i m not sure that the z5 are worth the extra cash

​I do consider the Z5 to be very capable IEM, very good, it even beats the Z7s (not by a big margin but yeah it does)

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #7,373 of 45,723
i was considering 
ibasso it03 250£
westone um pro 30 270£
es3  350£
xba z5 420£

You got one of the best daps available at the moment. May i suggest aiming a little higher, this is headfi and sorry for your wallet :grinning:.

Empire ears Zeus
Campfire Vega
In ear Prophile-8

Or take a look at this thread for inspiration :smirk:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/826876/ranking-the-stars-flinkenicks-flagship-16-iem-shootout/0_20

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #7,374 of 45,723
You got one of the best daps available at the moment. May i suggest aiming a little higher, this is headfi and sorry for your wallet :grinning:.

Empire ears Zeus
Campfire Vega
In ear Prophile-8

Or take a look at this thread for inspiration :smirk:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/826876/ranking-the-stars-flinkenicks-flagship-16-iem-shootout/0_20
Each are completely different.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #7,375 of 45,723
Amazon UK is now listing the 1A's as "Temporarily out of stock". Guess too many of us took them up on the deal! Cheers

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #7,377 of 45,723

​I do consider the Z5 to be very capable IEM, very good, it even beats the Z7s (not by a big margin but yeah it does)

would you also need this cable?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-68107

​I am currently using single-Ended and they sound damn good, I bet that cable would push them further to a refined level i have enever Heard before

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #7,378 of 45,723
Is this 16 core solid Axios silver cable? Looking forward to see photos of it and hear how it compares with copper one.
Can you or anyone tried the gold Walkman with Ether C Flow? Wondering if it has enough power to drive them properly balanced or single ended.Thanks Jalo.

There are 16 cores and each conductor consists of 40 pure silver wires, not Litz and uncoated. I am a silver person, on rare occasion I will use good copper like my HD800 to tame the hot treble, otherwise I just enjoy the clean sound of silver. I believe the 1Z balance can drive the Ether C Flow well but not the SE.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #7,380 of 45,723
Jalo - Looks great. Dare I ask how much? Sorry if you've already mentioned it. Cheers

I answered that a few pages back but I don't feel I should publish that again. If you are serious please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back